Campus

Just got back from doing a little SLUeuthing around our lovely Frost campus:

1. Rick Majerus is on campus -- got out of a DPS van around 12:45 p.m. Julius Hunter, other SLU officials were on-hand to greet him. I drove right by the van as I was looking for a parking spot. You can't miss a guy like Majerus. He is here.

2. The group toured the arena and took pictures and then departed around 1:45-2ish

3. The Pere Marquette Gallery in DuBourg looks the same as it did yesterday. No reason to think we'll get the presser today.

4. No news trucks.

Hope this helps. God, this is agonizing. Please, Ricky Baby...

I heard the new DPS vans had ink spill buttons, 8 foot hydraulics (for driving over kids crossing Grand by Dubourg) and hood-mounted machine guns.

Too bad they still won't give groups of girls rides from South Grand in the middle of the night.

Once my buddy knocked out a DPS officer for banging his flashlight on his car. BOOYAH!

Ok. I know this is just specualting but if he is flying here and staying here wouldnt the deal just need to be finalized? If they still needed to work things out couldnt they do that over phone inteaad of SLU paying for flight, hotel, etc..? I just dont know what the heck to think at this point. Its driving me crazy.

I just got off the phone with DPS, calling back and recanting.

They say their logs show no pick-up for Majerus, and that they had nothing to do with it. I think they misunderstood my query, or else this is sounding even more like All the President's Men.

Anyway, THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION!!!

actually, you might be surprised how much info you can get just by calling people.

98% of the rumors on here would be settled if someone just tries to confirm with a source or 2. this is journalism 101 stuff.

for example, DPS just returned my call again and finally did confirm that Majerus is on the campus!! ha! all I did was look up the number, call them ,and sweet talk the receptionist, who sounds like a very fine and kind person who then called Hunter;s office. People actually want to help, and often do.

some times we make ourselves the exception just by asking questions. people are dying to leak info -- just watch Erin Brockovich.

I'm sure thats not the case, exactly, but it makes good sense. You have a brand new facility less than a year away and a new "high profile coach", you want to distance yourself from that past as much as you can. The goal is to Say to the public that you are no longer the program that will have to practice in that old and outdated building. Announcing at the Pere Marquette Gallery is a nice choice. Its a nice setting and is the same one the naming rights deal for the arena was announced.