Biondi may cause this thing to all blow up

brianstl

Money is not the hold up. Certain things that were agreed to between on in the Rick/Biondi meeting and were part of the agreement in principal were not inluded in the last contract offer recieved by Montag. Knight Rider was correct the cell phone issue has reared it ugly head again and is one of the issues. RM wants things in writing and not just verbal promises. He will not take Biondi's word for it.

The beleif is the deal still can be done and will be done.

Jesus...if the cell phone thing is causing this much trouble, should Billikens.com just coordinated and we all throw in five bucks a month to get the uber text message/iphone/media package?

I understand. Just it seems a little bit to be a battle of egos. If Biondi wants the established big name, the big name is not just going to lay down for Biondi on what seems like petty things.

Biondi could kind of push Brad around, but Majerus is another ballgame. It comes with the territory.

Is no matter where we hear it from it is spin from one side or the other. Nobody wants their side to look bad in the negotiations. What the actual truth is who the hell knows at this point.

I felt great about the deal getting done Tuesday night and all yesterday. I don't feel as good today.

Who knows which side is to blame if this falls apart.

my guess is that the closer it gets, the more majerus sees the neccessity to get things in writing that would put him at a disadvantage to succeeding in the job. sure they may have been talked about, but when it came down to it, simple things werent put in writing and majerus has probably now heard enough about the job, the challenges and the good father to now see fit to ask they are a part of the contract.

i dont blame majerus a bit. if this doesnt happen, no one is to blame but slu.

If the cell phones truly are an issue, SLU needs to pony up. They claim to want to be big time, well this is COUNTRY FEED STORE SALESMAN BULLSH!T.

I don't want to be too hasty in passing judgment on details I don't know for certain, but come on.

I agree with the get it in writing part. Only makes good sense for Majerus. Biondi has been at SLU for a long time as President, he could be here another 15-20 or maybe 2. If RM comes and likes it, he certainly doesn't want to have to renegociate this all over with a new President.

I won't agree with the "no one is to blame but slu". I still don't know how sincere RM really is, is his heart into or ready for him returning to coaching. As I have said before, I hope RM is here, but I will have a hard time seeing him as a permanent coach. With his health I really don't see how he could really be here beyond 3-4 years.

slu caused the fire with the ill timed firing last week. imo, something more solid than "majerus might be interested" via a third party should have been lined up.

at that point, it has been one buffoon mistake after another with the exception of targeting majerus imo. i.e. majerus has slu at a tremendous disadvantage and imo, slu has to do whatever is necessary to make it happen at that point.

that is where i am coming from. if we didnt want to be held up, then we shouldnt have put ourselves in that position. to expect agents and attys to not pounce on that is naive. add to that, the realization that anyone with any investigative eye would see about the program and it's lack of previous committment, how can anyone blame majerus.