Move to the Valley?

HenryB

It would have been more possible before Marquette and DePaul bolted for the bright lights of the Big East. However, DePaul would not want to share Chicago with Loyola. For whatever reason, one I've never really understood, DePaul is usually above Loyola in hoops, even though Loyola is the Jesuit school and won a national championship in the early 1960's. DePaul spearheaded the founding of the old Great Midwest, rather than join most of the rest in the old MCC.

this would not undercut Levick, A-10 was a done deal beofre she came and I think she has had nothing but Headaches from the A-10. I doubt this was proposed as a demand. Majerus is too smart for that. He knows this is all about positioning for the next realignment. I think what he probably had was a list of requests some in the demand category and some that are wishful ideas. One of those things would be what happens in the next realignment.

If I were Biondi I would have wanted to talk about why RM has not coached recently what holds him back, and what he requires in a job. I would also ask him assume you decide not to take this job how can we improve this program. No one should be shocked with "be in a smaller in number conference" to allow you to play teams twice and develop rivals. The only reason to have a 14 or 16 team conference is football. When and if the conference realigns, they need to be proactive not passive.

If he actually made that demand I hope we walked away quickly while telling him to take a hike.

But I doubt he did. Bernie is the least knowledgable sports writer I've ever read .... regardless of the sport. His online entries are even worse. He comes across like a 3rd grader.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

We have been to the Valley when it was a lot more dynamic than

it is today; yeah, I can see RM pining for the best seat on the bus to N. Iowa , Evansville, Springfield instead of flying into NY, Philly, Pittsburgh. Yeah Duquesne and some of the others have

tough attendance and facilities problems; but X, SLU, Dayton

alone average more than anyone in the Valley and it will be better in our new areana. The only reason I could go for this is if the Valley said okay the Tournament is permanently in the Chaifetz

which is the kind of ##### we had to put up with in Conference USA with Memphis, Louisville, and Cincy always getting the homecourt advantage.Are the other teams in the Valley that desparate for us to join that they would do that?

SIUC and Creighton and Bradley would be nice teams on our schedule but that is about as far as it goes; we don't need to play

rest of the teams in the Valley. We certainly do not need to go back to a level of play where you don't need real centers or can get by with Spoon type junkyard dogs for guards that are 5' 10:

Let us take our chance at bigger and better players. We don;t

need to water things down so we can compete immediately in the Valleyy and I would agree they have 4 good teams most years and they are tough competition at the top, I would rather

beat GW, X, UMass, Dayton, Charlotte, Rhode Island most years

No way it will be RM. We are committed to the A-10. Cheryl has spent a lot of time and energy these last two years defending the choice and acclimating our teams to the Conference. Absolutely no way. It would take at least two years to get out of the conference. How long will Majerus coach?

"The only reason I could go for this is if the Valley said okay the Tournament is permanently in the Chaifetz."

Have you not noticed where the MVC hold their tourney, um, every year???? Why move it to Chaifetz and reduce by 10,000 the amount of people who can and will attend?

"SIUC and Creighton and Bradley would be nice teams on our schedule but that is about as far as it goes"

You really think UNI, Mo State, WSU and others are inferior to those powerhouses Duquense, St. Bonaventure, Fordham, LaSalle and Richmond, teams that aren't even 2nd or 3rd in their market? Oh, wait, BS lost to all of those teams....

"We certainly do not need to go back to a level of play where you don't need real centers or can get by with Spoon type junkyard dogs for guards that are 5' 10."

We're aleady there, it's called the Atlantic 10.

Best part of being in the MVC, SLU fans can actually attend games. Game against ISU isn't on TV? Make the 2.5 hour drive. Caravan a bunch of students to Drake for the weekend, Des Moines has a nice bar scene. Plus, travel costs are reduced and can be used for recruiting and staff salaries. Timmerman mentioned the hellish conditions for road trips in the A-10 to places like Olean, Amherst and Richmond. In the A-10 the toughest road trip is to UNI. Bus to UE, MSU, the ISU's, SIU and Bradley, fly direct to Creighton, Drake and WSU.

It is completely ridiculous to think that RM would demand, and SLU would agree to a move to the MVC.

Slu is in the A-10 instead of the MVC because the A-10 has universities that are much more similar (scholastically, philosophically and athletically) than the MVC.

Hey, I'm not crazy about the A-10 either. What we really need is the Catholic Collegiate Conference. Now there is a conference.

>By that logic, shouldn't your golden eagles be in the MVC as

>well? Or are all you guys road tripin it to West Virginia,

>Rutgers, and South Florida?

Big East is a superior conference to the MVC. A-10 is not. That right there kills another of your weak argments. Marquette has ponied up the money to compete in the Big East and charters to every game. SLU has not done that for the A-10. MU has a big NYC alumni base to go to games at SH, SJ and Rutgers. How many of us SLU grads are in A-10 markets?

I don't see how that "kills" my argument. You stated we should join the MVC so we can take road trips. What does that have to do with ponying up money for the Big East? You obviously feel strongly about the ability to take road trips. I simply asked how many road trips you guys take. How many students take wednesday trips to Rutgers? Obviously not many.

How many SLU fans are in A-10 markets? I don't have a clue. Apparently you have a lot of time to research demographics. But, based on Tom Timmerman's stories and blogs, we always had a nice alumni turnout. At least comparable to our CUSA days. I don't seem to recall 2000 people in Carbondale cheering for SLU. Or a huge parade of SLU fans in Springfield last year. But, I do see a ton of their fans in STL. Why is that? Any number of reasons...all of which support SLU in the A-10.

<<<>ROTFLMAO

That is because st louis is no good and who wants to see them play duhhhh..

Dont know if the or a conference wants a coach that has had so many infractions.Kind of ironic that the "not good in basketball but the "only team that makes grades in the country" EXCUSE which people have been hearing and laughing at forever. Now everyone knows that your college wants a "HOLDING YOUR SCHOOL HOSTAGE AND LOVING IT" coach who was put on 3 years probation his last school and then quit it.

Got some of his assistant coaches fired,LOST the school PLAYERS for 3 years,giving his players MONEY for wins...(of course duh he didnt look at it that way)and would pay for their meals then leaves his college under probation six months later.Oh yea by the way his yelling and cussing has been WELL known forever except for st louis fans.Even more that your PROUD leader of your LEAGUE.. for years... the hubby bear Huggins..YES MORE THAN BOBBY BOY HUGGS

Your so smart school will NOW be known for all that foul mouthing that has been one of "your hope new coach" TRADEMARKS for years with people who know basketball.

And of course ..(no offf ence)...(but is not a gay guy)which is another couple things LOL ...ask anyone some of the other things that he is also known for.

Think your school is really going to get it on the road in any conference or games you play in the midwest.

Sorry but you made your bed...Cannot wait till you hire him and Missouri and all the other schools that have heard you talk about winning isnt everything...(which is what losers always say)our kids is SO much smarter though...LOL

Think you would be better off in that weak conference you are in.....with the high school gyms and such big crowds.

Yes think you might want to say in the great jersey state....atlantic city

where you can tell everyone that you the reason you are so terrible is because you are smarter than the other schools in their league and nation.

The reason why they wont be able to laugh at you like everyone in the midwest has and does is because you wont have any fans that goes to your great conference games to be able to tell them.

Dont the fans follow your team like the other conferences in the NATION. Oh yea too far and you really do not and have ever had a real rival.

You have really missed out on real basketball, too bad.

Thinking you might be able to get in that league with hmmm Austin Peay or and the one with Murray State(since you used to play murray state ALL the time)and NO ONE HEARD then that THEYwere in a small conference from the smart st louie college.OF course you wouldnt..they have spanked your butts before.

You really should look into those conferences.Sure they might consider it with your teams basketball records and history

And you could tell the southern parts of the midwest how you dont win but you are a SMART college.

Everyone Everyone is hoping

Hoping that your dictator hires ..."no off ence".."I am not a gay guy" RICK

Heard there are so many people who hope it is tommorrow..they are afraid that your dictator will huff and puff while looking at himself in a mirror and the (I get to wear speedos in my contract while swimming at the college pool)RICK will start to get mad and start CUSSING up a storm at your dictator and make your dictator and your college HOSTAGE longer. LOL

They want st louie to please HIRE RICK NOW.please HIRE RICK NOW..HIRE RICK NOW.....NOW NOW NOW

they cannot wait

Wow dude are you going to catch a breath.

No one out of st louie has even heard of your team. LMAO

Keep arguring but A 10 is terrible. But know you love to go to olean and back your team..

Wait a minute they beat you too

The going to another conference is coming for your school.

If you want in another league you are going to have to PAY HIGH.

Just like RICK is holding your school hostage.

Cincy,DePaul,Marquette ran from your school and left you. BOO HOO NASHVILE.....and left your school hanging. Wonder why

Everybody thinks you should get in with austin peay or murray state.

Have heard since you in st louis keeps talking and are so POSSESED by the valley

Dont know if you are wanted....BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY DEARLY TO GET IN.

Kind of like missouri playing st louis......you have nothing to lose and they have nothing to gain

Keep thinking and huffing and puffing that conferance what is it a 10 is a better conferance.

Most basketball fans thoughout the country think that the A 10is a SLIMY conference. Very slimy

Of course you dont care,,,everyone has LEFT AND LEAVES you in your other conferences. Leaves your school all by itself with no one to play.

And you try to talk s..t.

Done break a vein

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You are the one being laughed at.Jealous no one wanted you???

THE RULES.........You talk big stuff about a conference...sorry but YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN IN A CONFERENCE FOR AT LEAST TEN YEARS TO TALK about any other conferences in the nation.

So you are OUT.

Bty does your conference even know you are in it????

Or where your little flyover school is.

Now quit crying to Chicago saying...oh oh i wish you wouldnt of left us...boo hoo.

And even little city that marquette is in.

Since you cannot get in a conference you newbies st louie HAS TOKNOW THE RULES.......YOU HAVE TO BE AND STAY IN A CONFERENCE 10 YEARS BOFORE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ABOUT OTHER CONFERENCES.

SURE ALL THE OTHER CONFERENCES IN THE NATION AGREE....BUT WHO REALLY CARES.. NO ONE KNOWS ST LOUIE U or that they have a basketball teaM ..BUT RULES ARE RULES

Hush it...you know the rules.

QUIT TALKING ABOUT OTHER CONFERENCES ROOKIE...in 10 YEARS YOU CAN TALK IF THAT CONFERENCE DOESNT LEAVE YOU

like marquette DEPAUL and cincy..among others

How come no one wants you??????? LOL

You cant even say you have a rival,let alone a conference.

Remember about the rules now......10 years in ONE conference.You are still a little pup,long long way to go.

ALL THE OTHER SCHOOLS HAVE DONE IT

COME ON.......AT LEAST TRY TO GET SOMEONE TO WANT YOU