Suggs transfer?

HenryB

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the MHSAA have rules over eligibility and transfers? My sister was a pretty good cross country runner, and when transferred from Viz to Kirkwood, she had to go through a hearing process to allow her to still run competitively.

I think this is some wishful thinking from SCW fans.

Scott Suggs and Kramer Soderberg are friends.

I wouldn't be completely shocked if Suggs didn't play at Washington High as a senior, but I'd be surprised if Suggs' family moved from its very nice relatively new house in the Washington district.

- Nate

edit: Before this post gives people the wrong idea, I don't think Scott and Kramer being friends gives SLU any extra boost in the recruitment of Suggs. I think SLU has a chance to land Suggs, just not a very good one.

nate said,

"I think SLU has a chance to land Suggs, just not a very good one."

because we arent a bcs school.

>nate said,

>

>"I think SLU has a chance to land Suggs, just not a very

>good one."

>

>because we arent a bcs school.

Because the kid has better options than SLU.

He could go to Florida and play for national championships. He could go to Illinois and play for a team that competes for the Big Ten title every year and has been to several NCAA tournaments the last few years. He could go to Washington and play in the NCAA tournament for a couple years. He could go to Missouri and play for a coach who is likely to start getting the Tigers to the tournament on a regular basis.

- Nate

From what I understand Florida isn't really an option, if he leaves the area UW is the only true contender.

The Illini have regressed the past two seasons under Weber.

MU will get better under Anderson for sure. But, why would a talented player with NBA dreams want to play in that system? In twenty-two years that system was used at Arkansas and UAB combined it produce just seven NBA players. That is with getting some of the best talent in the country year in and year out to play at Arkansas. If you dream of playing in the NBA you do not want to play in that system.

Thanks so much Nate for managing our expectations...I don't know what we'd do without that edit. And that little quote below.."the kid has better options than SLU"...gotta love that nice piece of insight.

Honestly, I question why you even continue to post here. You're thoughts on our coach are well documented. You obviously don't think very highly of our program. It appears you aren't a fan of the Billikens as you didn't answer the question below. Perhaps its part of your job to monitor the local college fan base. But if you want to be in the cool crowd that is the STL SLU bashing media, I'd suggest you hang out with your buddy Bernie in the Pressbox...you guys can slobber over Mike Anderson all day long.

...with what Nate said? A kid who is getting looks by BCS schools will probably choose one of them instead of SLU. And you guys start giving Nate grief as if he just shot your dog. Reality check, this is SLU...not Illinois...not even Missouri in terms of recognition.

Who did Nate bash in this thread?

Nate, you now repeatedly post negative things about SLU and its coaches--as a media person why do you bother coming on this board? You are obviously not a SLU fan because if you were you would see that there are real positives about SLU that can be sold to a recruit. Why come in and try to undermine the coach? There must be other message boards where you can go and be positive for their teams because you obviously do not like SLU.

Yawn. Same childish response from Billikan.

What was wrong with what Nate said? Further, roy informed you last week that Nate is merely doing freelance stuff, so get off of your "as a media person, why come here" kick.

Why is Nate not a SLU fan even if he would prefer a different coach? How did Nate undermine the coach? Suggs probably does have better options then SLU (gasp).

I don't think Nate has ever claimed to be a SLU fan. He is a high school and college basketball fan and reporter who is providing information and opinions on the fan website of the only local D1 team. We are all free to disagree with his opinions, but there is no reason to crticize his providing them.

Yes, our expectations shouldn't be so out of whack that we should expect to beat out BCS schools for a presumably high quality recruit. I'm sorry if that is crazy for you. You live in a dream world.

Ummm...i missed where Nate said that SLU is not a good choice for a good local player. I did see where he mentioned that there are better basketball options for Suggs. If true and Florida, Illinois, Missouri and a few other BCS schools are after Suggs, you don't think those are better basketball options? put yourself in the shoes of Suggs.

I believe Nark's post in another thread is dead on, the philosophy and system that Sodie has in place (assuming there is a system in place) is not a solid one.

If you support what Nate just posted then you are in the camp of those who do not want SLU to succeed. We need to support the idea--which is accurate--that regardless of the talent of a player SLU can be a good place for him. Your constant negative posts are boring!

Yep, i just don't want SLU to succeed...you figured me out.

No one is saying that SLU is not a good place for these players...comprehend what you are reading. Speaking from the perspective of the recruit and purely in a basketball sense, I support the notion that there are better options for high quality recruits than SLU (that doesn't mean SLU is a bad option).

Well, it that is the case, and I know that is the case with many of our negative posters, then I would like to see the people admit that they are not SLU fans. As I see it this is a FAN website, not a blog for people to bash the Billikens because they have their own personal agendas or they are trying to hurt the school or the program.

You have obviously never been involved in recruiting for anything. If you tell your best prospects that they have "better options" if they go somewhere else then how can you expect to succeed. The answer is simple, if you have that attitude then you are the one that is willing to accept mediocrity--the bash you put on other posters. And worse, it that attitude is pervasive, then we will never get any good players. The whole premise is ridiculous.

moytoy, sorry for chiming in late on this

i agree with your stance in this thread 100%

nate, please do not stop providing information AND opinions on this board

objectivity and reality are not lost on all of us who do support slu and who do want success and who do not think everything is rosy all the time

sometimes it has to rain to get flowers and if you eat a nice meal you will still have to ##### later