Hotel Roll Call

A lot of this may be in the "Who's Going Thread" but one reason I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn is that other posters will be there.

So where are people staying? And where are people drinking Thursday/Friday?

SluSignGuy - Holiday Inn

A lot of this may be in the "Who's Going Thread" but one reason I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn is that other posters will be there.

So where are people staying? And where are people drinking Thursday/Friday?

SluSignGuy - Holiday Inn

Uhhhh, by now I think we all know where I am staying. :unsure:

From the looks of it, I will definitely be looking to spend as much time away from the hotel as possible.

DoubleTree. I've got some feelers out on the best places to drink. I'll have a list by Wednesday. Just keep in mind that it will have my beer geek slant, so it would be less of a sports bar-type place and more of a brewpub that happens to have TVs. I take my drinking seriously.

I will also be at the holiday inn with 3 or 4 other guys.

Ive never been to Columbus and have no idea where to eat/drink.

The Winking Lizard is a good place. Great beer selection.

+1 for the holiday inn. SLU might be having a reception as well. Once i hear details ill let you all know. Go Billikens! This is awesome.

I can say that SLU is planning watch parties in many of the alumni cities, so it is probably safe to assume they will have a big event in Columbus. We just got the marching orders for our party in DC (for anyone in DC who isn't making the trip see: http://slualumnidc.com/)

There are two, but both appear to be a fair distance from downtown.

The Winking Lizard is a great bar with good beer selection, but you are right, neither is close to downtown. To stay near downtown, try the short north neighborhood on high street http://www.shortnorth.org/dining or german village http://www.gvbusinesscommunity.com/dine-2/dine/ (Katzinger's Deli, Schmidt's)

Staying at the Marriott with 4 others. Anyone know if they server beer at Nationwide? I am assuming so but dont know the rules as this is an NCAA event...

Not at NCAA events.

Staying at the Marriott with 4 others. Anyone know if they server beer at Nationwide? I am assuming so but dont know the rules as this is an NCAA event...

Doubt they serve beer at the game. Pretty much every NCAA tourney game I've gone to has been dry.

i have 2 extra tickets through Slu for $85 each, if anyone is interested

You willing the split up the pair? (I just need one, but I have yet to check with my parents if they got tickets through SLU, so father may be in need)