Bad news for Willie Reed and really bad news for Richard Anderson

I was reading the USA Today at lunch and noticed that the NCAA will not accept classes form Milestone or Nashville Christian Academy. At least Reed didn't waste a whole year at multiple schools like this. Good job coach Threat guiding Anderson into two of these schools.

I was reading the USA Today at lunch and noticed that the NCAA will not accept classes form Milestone or Nashville Christian Academy. At least Reed didn't waste a whole year at multiple schools like this. Good job coach Threat guiding Anderson into two of these schools.

From what I heard today, students who attended Milestone this year can have their classes "reviewed" by the NCAA on a case by case basis. As of next year, the NCAA will not recognize the coursework at all from Milestone. Apparently Milestone is trying to work this out with the NCAA.

If you play with fire......

If you play with fire......

This is more evidence of the bigger problem with college basketball. These kids will now be punished because of greedy old men looking to exploit them. Bad news for many student athletes. Hope everything works out for Reed and he does indeed end up a Bill some day.

This is more evidence of the bigger problem with college basketball. These kids will now be punished because of greedy old men looking to exploit them. Bad news for many student athletes. Hope everything works out for Reed and he does indeed end up a Bill some day.

I think Willie has been going on the assumption that those classes wouldn't be accepted. He is trying to make up eveything right now.

If I remember correctly, Willie's dad didn't want him going to Milestone in the first place.

I'm suprised on the Nashville Christian part. i'm gonna have to look into that. I don't keep up with it much, but when I was in high school, Nashville Christian was a legit high school. They weren't even that good in sports. That seems really wierd.

I'm suprised on the Nashville Christian part. i'm gonna have to look into that. I don't keep up with it much, but when I was in high school, Nashville Christian was a legit high school. They weren't even that good in sports. That seems really wierd.

Here's the article Brian is most likely referring to:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...ana-crean_N.htm

In a further crackdown of so-called "diploma-mill" high schools, the NCAA announced it will no longer accept core courses, grades and graduation from Milestone Christian Academy in Kansas City, Mo., and Nashville Christian Advancement Academy when determining the freshman eligibility of athletes.

The NCAA said students currently enrolled at the two schools must have their individual academic records reviewed on a case-by-case basis to be considered in the initial-eligibility process.

Several basketball recruits with ties to the two schools have signed with Division I colleges this academic year, with an eye on starting their college careers in the fall.

Among them are Saint Louis signee Willie Reed, a 6-11 forward, who left Milestone Christian during the academic year and transferred to Bishop Miege High School in Shawnee Mission, Kan.

Austin Peay signed three players from Nashville Christian: forwards Mike Smith and Robert Elam and guard James Harris. Southeast Missouri signed guard Martino Brock from Nashville Christian.

"I've seen diploma mills, and this is not a diploma mill," said first-year Nashville Christian Advancement Academy coach Carl Reed. "There are minor things that need to be addressed and corrected. I'm pretty positive this will all be resolved."

Officials at Milestone Christian could not be reached.

Here's the article Brian is most likely referring to:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...ana-crean_N.htm

In a further crackdown of so-called "diploma-mill" high schools, the NCAA announced it will no longer accept core courses, grades and graduation from Milestone Christian Academy in Kansas City, Mo., and Nashville Christian Advancement Academy when determining the freshman eligibility of athletes.

The NCAA said students currently enrolled at the two schools must have their individual academic records reviewed on a case-by-case basis to be considered in the initial-eligibility process.

Several basketball recruits with ties to the two schools have signed with Division I colleges this academic year, with an eye on starting their college careers in the fall.

Among them are Saint Louis signee Willie Reed, a 6-11 forward, who left Milestone Christian during the academic year and transferred to Bishop Miege High School in Shawnee Mission, Kan.

Austin Peay signed three players from Nashville Christian: forwards Mike Smith and Robert Elam and guard James Harris. Southeast Missouri signed guard Martino Brock from Nashville Christian.

"I've seen diploma mills, and this is not a diploma mill," said first-year Nashville Christian Advancement Academy coach Carl Reed. "There are minor things that need to be addressed and corrected. I'm pretty positive this will all be resolved."

Officials at Milestone Christian could not be reached.

That is it. Thank you for posting it.

NashvilleBilliken - this is a different school from the Nashville Christian that you are most likely thinking of. This school is Nashville Christian Advancement Academy - a totally different school from Nashville Christian.

Here is a link to the story from the Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ORTS07/80505075

Link to Nashville Christian (the regular one)...

http://www.ncseagles.net/temp/Home.htm

Link to Nashville Christian Advancement Academy....

http://www.ncaacademy.org/

Two different schools.

NashvilleBilliken - this is a different school from the Nashville Christian that you are most likely thinking of. This school is Nashville Christian Advancement Academy - a totally different school from Nashville Christian.

Here is a link to the story from the Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ORTS07/80505075

Link to Nashville Christian (the regular one)...

http://www.ncseagles.net/temp/Home.htm

Link to Nashville Christian Advancement Academy....

http://www.ncaacademy.org/

Two different schools.

yeah, i figured that out this afternoon. I had no idea they were different schools.

yeah, i figured that out this afternoon. I had no idea they were different schools.

So bottom line, does anyone, Hello Nate, have any idea what WR's academic status is? I thought he'd left Milestone in Dec. and reenrolled at Melges. If so, isn't it possible he could make up the missed time/classes, go to summer school, and still be eligible. Or will he have to finish in the fall and then be eligible for second semester at SLU. If so, he might as well be redshirted at that point. In any event it looks like he's not helping next year.

So bottom line, does anyone, Hello Nate, have any idea what WR's academic status is? I thought he'd left Milestone in Dec. and reenrolled at Melges. If so, isn't it possible he could make up the missed time/classes, go to summer school, and still be eligible. Or will he have to finish in the fall and then be eligible for second semester at SLU. If so, he might as well be redshirted at that point. In any event it looks like he's not helping next year.

Willie will never play for SLU!

Willie will never play for SLU!

From your statement you must have some inside information on Willie's grades, what courses he lacks or his ACT scores. Would you please care to share?

Or, are you just getting your thrills talking trash?

From your statement you must have some inside information on Willie's grades, what courses he lacks or his ACT scores. Would you please care to share?

Or, are you just getting your thrills talking trash?

Tarheelbilliken,

Willie's transcripts are really screwed up at this point. His best option now is to take the GED and hopefully pass, then take the ACT. The only other option is going JUCO without a diploma. He would have to pass 12 credit hours with a 1.75GPA to be eligible for second semester. He would then have to graduate with an Associates Degree to play DI basketball.

He is just too far behind to attend SLU next year. The only way is the GED/ACT route. Anything else will consist of another semester of high school.

Tarheelbilliken,

Willie's transcripts are really screwed up at this point. His best option now is to take the GED and hopefully pass, then take the ACT. The only other option is going JUCO without a diploma. He would have to pass 12 credit hours with a 1.75GPA to be eligible for second semester. He would then have to graduate with an Associates Degree to play DI basketball.

He is just too far behind to attend SLU next year. The only way is the GED/ACT route. Anything else will consist of another semester of high school.

and you know all this very inside personal information how? why should anyone take your insinuations of such seriously? what are your credentials?

for those of you that always argue with me about anonimity of a message board, this guy is the best argument i have ever seen for full disclosure.

and you know all this very inside personal information how? why should anyone take your insinuations of such seriously? what are your credentials?

for those of you that always argue with me about anonimity of a message board, this guy is the best argument i have ever seen for full disclosure.

Nashville,

I'm closer on this situation than you could ever imagine. I kept trying to tell everyone on this board a while back about his situation. You didn't want to hear it!!! RM knew that WR was going to be a long shot. That's why he signed BT and was going after JH so hard. RM then fired AG who was one of the main reasons WR and RC chose SLU. RM better bring in an Assistant Coach that can flat out recruit! This is probably one of the worst recruiting classes SLU has produced in a long time. You don't sign two players that won't be eligible, get rid of players that are better than your recruiting class, and then sign other players that can't play on the DI level.

You don't have to agree with what I'm saying, but time will tell.

Nashville,

I'm closer on this situation than you could ever imagine. I kept trying to tell everyone on this board a while back about his situation. You didn't want to hear it!!! RM knew that WR was going to be a long shot. That's why he signed BT and was going after JH so hard. RM then fired AG who was one of the main reasons WR and RC chose SLU. RM better bring in an Assistant Coach that can flat out recruit! This is probably one of the worst recruiting classes SLU has produced in a long time. You don't sign two players that won't be eligible, get rid of players that are better than your recruiting class, and then sign other players that can't play on the DI level.

So, Brett Thompson is nationally regarded as one of the best centers in the country. You say he is D2 or NAIA. That's ridiculous. You're whole sentence above is the same story anybody reading this board could come up with.

Nashville,

Who is AG? and Rick really didnt pursue Harrellson that hard. We wanted Harrellson but it wasnt Ricks best effort.

Nashville,

I'm closer on this situation than you could ever imagine. I kept trying to tell everyone on this board a while back about his situation. You didn't want to hear it!!!

prove the above is true (closer than we can imagine). until then it isnt as much we dont want to hear as you have no credibility so why should we beleive it? far too many flamers have come here lying their aces off in the past in an effort to just upset the fandom. you are no different.