OT: Local going Pro

thefan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the heck have you been the last five years? Ahearn wasn't good enough for Billiken Blue. Just ask Billiken Roy and about 80% of the other posters on this board.

Where have you been? At least 95% of this board thinks Ahearn should have been playing at SLU.

Where have you been? At least 95% of this board thinks Ahearn should have been playing at SLU.

Some people don't understad that there is difference between not wanting to ***** about for four years straight and and agreeing with the decision.

I do find it inresting that all these people want to constantly ***** about this one kid SLU passed on, but never chime in about the some of the other kids we missed on. I would think that these people would at least be as upset about passing on guys like Brooks, Tatum, and Falker. I wonder what could be different about those kids?

Brian, I think the biggest reason why people bring up Ahearn so often was his outspoken desire to play for SLU, whereas I don't think any of those other guys ever said it.

You are probably right about that. I am just so sick of hearing about Ahearn and what should have been. People should have moved on two years ago or at the latest when Brad was fired.

That said I wish Blake the best. I hope he ends up playing a lot longer than ten games. The kid has worked hard to get where he is.

You are probably right about that. I am just so sick of hearing about Ahearn and what should have been. People should have moved on two years ago or at the latest when Brad was fired.

That said I wish Blake the best. I hope he ends up playing a lot longer than ten games. The kid has worked hard to get where he is.

Honestly, has anyone on here ever met Blake? The kid is a total d-bag. There's a reason he had no friends from DeSmet; the seniors in his class actually boycotted their own school's games because he was so disliked. He's not a good person and his dad's even worse. Funny how these character issues never come up.

I hope he never sees the floor in the NBA. I don't care if he plays in Europe or Asia or somewhere else overseas. That way I don't have to worry about seeing his name pop up in the press.

This debate needs to end. It's been several years and our program is trending up. Would we be better off right now if we'd had Blake at SLU? No, we'd be in the same position.

Honestly, has anyone on here ever met Blake? The kid is a total d-bag. There's a reason he had no friends from DeSmet; the seniors in his class actually boycotted their own school's games because he was so disliked. He's not a good person and his dad's even worse. Funny how these character issues never come up.

I hope he never sees the floor in the NBA. I don't care if he plays in Europe or Asia or somewhere else overseas. That way I don't have to worry about seeing his name pop up in the press.

This debate needs to end. It's been several years and our program is trending up. Would we be better off right now if we'd had Blake at SLU? No, we'd be in the same position.

Pistol, don't sugar coat it...tell us how you really feel. Tell me were you that fat kid with pimples at Desmet everyone made fun of? It seems to me you have a lot of issues.

Are the Heat still consider a NBA team? I think your head coach skipping games to go on scouting trips should disqualify you.

Come on, this isn't a debate about some European league. Ahern made it to the big time for at least 10 days longer than some very good college players I can name.

I'm pretty sure no one prevented Barnett from "walking on". That is why it is called a try out

He wasnt promised a spot like say Conner Teahan with Kansas or Mustapha Abdul-Hamid at UCLA. Why would he enroll without a spot? He was good enough for a scholarship offer from SLU, but when he didn't get one, he was willing to walk-on. This year at Dartmouth he lead the team in scoring, rebounding, assists and blocks. He lead the entire conference in rebounding. He also shot 82% from the FT line.

Ahearn scored 15 for the Heat last night.

I got really excited for him for a second, being from STL and all... but he's not really doing all that hot. Of course, who is for the Heat right now?

In five games he's 4-23 from the field (.174) but he is 12-13 from the line. So it goes...

G GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS

Season 5 0 13.8 4-23 .174 2-14 .143 12-13 .923 0.2 2.2 2.4 .40 .00 .80 1.80 1.6 4.4

Pistol, don't sugar coat it...tell us how you really feel. Tell me were you that fat kid with pimples at Desmet everyone made fun of? It seems to me you have a lot of issues.

You're completely right. I have deep-rooted issues due to my four-fold insecurities stemming from my acne, obesity, lifelong jealousy of Blake Ahearn, and low-quality DeSmet diploma. Fortunately, my classmates at DeSmet had plenty of time to beat the crap out of me in the parking lot outside our building (you know, the one that looks like a bad hospital) because they weren't going to the basketball games.

Honestly, RogueCop (tough name- I like it!), I did not go to DeSmet. I may have gone there if I had been expelled from or failed out of Chaminade. If you knew anything about MCC basketball when Blake went to DeSmet, you would know that DeSmet's student body, particularly the seniors, were conspicuously absent from the games. You might also remember the constant battles between Blake and his own coach because he wasn't exactly the most coachable kid on the roster. One of these stemmed from Blake breaking his wrist and missing a chunk of senior year after botching a dunk attempt. With a little deeper knowledge of the Ahearn saga, you would know that he was originally admitted to Chaminade out of grade school, but his father decided that another year of eigth grade would be good for his physical development and held him back. Chaminade's policy is that if you turn down an offer, you don't get another one, so Blake attended DeSmet instead. The rest is history.

With a little deeper knowledge of the Ahearn saga, you would know that he was originally admitted to Chaminade out of grade school, but his father decided that another year of eigth grade would be good for his physical development and held him back. Chaminade's policy is that if you turn down an offer, you don't get another one, so Blake attended DeSmet instead. The rest is history.

Wow, I didn't know he pulled a Diener.

what is boggling me with this ahearn with the heat thing, just who is he guarding? i am guessing that in practice pat riley beats his a$$ in one on one matches.