Board decorum

Of course you are a sh!t disturber, that's why you had yet another thread locked. Saying you are sh!t disturber certainly undercuts your earlier argument that you were simply posting something relevant to SLU. :lol: You just aren't very smart.

Considering thicks has encouraged the entire board to put you on ignore, I think it is a pretty good bet that he might be following his own advice. It might also explain why you haven't been banned for a second time.

ACE (formerly known as "the detective"), you aren't usually a model poster, yourself. You like to instigate issues, especially when it comes to Mizzou, and you conduct witch hunts, accusing everyone with a differing opinion of being a Mizzou or "SPUMAC" fan. Don't think you can vindicate yourself because I closed a couple of threads. I closed the SLU mugging thread because it descended into name-calling and rancor, NOT because Postcard started it. Moreover, I doubt he even mentioned Mizzou in that thread, but you and others took it there because of some vendetta.

Yes, I have Postcard on ignore, but it's because I don't care for his style or the tone of most of his posts, NOT because I think he's a Mizzou fan, whether secretly or openly. ACE, you are on the edge of going on my ignore list, also, because, after tolerating your style for some time, even blowing off comments from others in PMs to me, I began to point out to you how you take potshots, and you began to use that as a weapon in your little digs.

Everyone, let's please post about the Billikens and related topics without digressing too much. Let's especially omit unnecessary references to Missouri's past, political allusions, and comparing any poster to former transgressions made by SLU's head coach.

Can't we all just get along? :lol:

ACE (formerly known as "the detective"), you aren't usually a model poster, yourself. You like to instigate issues, especially when it comes to Mizzou, and you conduct witch hunts, accusing everyone with a differing opinion of being a Mizzou or "SPUMAC" fan. Don't think you can vindicate yourself because I closed a couple of threads. I closed the SLU mugging thread because it descended into name-calling and rancor, NOT because Postcard started it. Moreover, I doubt he even mentioned Mizzou in that thread, but you and others took it there because of some vendetta.

Yes, I have Postcard on ignore, but it's because I don't care for his style or the tone of most of his posts, NOT because I think he's a Mizzou fan, whether secretly or openly. ACE, you are on the edge of going on my ignore list, also, because, after tolerating your style for some time, even blowing off comments from others in PMs to me, I began to point out to you how you take potshots, and you began to use that as a weapon in your little digs.

Everyone, let's please post about the Billikens and related topics without digressing too much. Let's especially omit unnecessary references to Missouri's past, political allusions, and comparing any poster to former transgressions made by SLU's head coach.

Totally agree.

I feel like this Mizzou thing turns into a witch hunt.

thicks, this board is about one or two mizzou people and a handful of SLU posters who try to take every thread into slu vs. mizzou nonsense. Oh, and the let's join the valley threads. Can't you see that? :lol: Much like politics a few years back, it's obviously a topic that people can't handle on here.

Keep up the good work! Let's get behind our team! We're on the rise!

Can't we all just get along? :)

thicks, you are way off on a few things. Do I "instigate" it as you suggest when it comes to Mizzou? Not hardly. More often that not, you will notice that I am responding, particularly to those comments that take shots at our program and from those who are self-proclaimed "sh!t disturbers." I accuse everyone who has a differeing opinions of being Mizzou fans? PLEASE! I have disagreed with roy and a lot of other good Billiken fans on a variety of issues, but have never accused them of being Mizzou fans. Witch hunts? Get real! Who have I accused of being a Mizzou fan who was not? In fact, I have never made an issue of you being both a SLU and Mizzou fan. I have said reasonable people can be both and not every Mizzou fan is bad. It just happens that most of the worst "sh!t disturbers" who take shots at SLU on this board happen to be Mizzou fans. People have tangled with MSU and SIU fans in the past too, but the difference is those folks usually disappear after we play them.

I have said stuff about Mizzou when counter-punching others, and perhaps that is why you are sensitive to some of things I have said. I can see why you as a Mizzou fan don't like hearing reading some of these comments, but ask yourself why the topic came up. Who originated it? You got a little bent out of shape when Abomb used the term 'SPUMAC", but he was only using it in response to a shot taken at SLU. Besides, isn't it accurate to say the University of Missouri at Columbia has been plagued by scandals? It can't be disputed. And yesterday, MUTGR jumps in to call a good Billiken fan like jimbo a "no-class loser" for making factual statement about Mizzou. I thought that comment was way out of line and I called MUTGR on it. This still is BILLIKENS.com, right? This is in essence our home court and you gotta expect Billikens fans will protect our home turf. If Missouri fans don't want to get their feelings hurt, they probably should go away. And if they did go away, you wouldn't see the Mizzou topic come up very often at all.

thicks, you are way off on a few things. Do I "instigate" it as you suggest when it comes to Mizzou? Not hardly. More often that not, you will notice that I am responding, particularly to those comments that take shots at our program and from those who are self-proclaimed "sh!t disturbers." I accuse everyone who has a differeing opinions of being Mizzou fans? PLEASE! I have disagreed with roy and a lot of other good Billiken fans on a variety of issues, but have never accused them of being Mizzou fans. Witch hunts? Get real! Who have I accused of being a Mizzou fan who was not? In fact, I have never made an issue of you being both a SLU and Mizzou fan. I have said reasonable people can be both and not every Mizzou fan is bad. It just happens that most of the worst "sh!t disturbers" who take shots at SLU on this board happen to be Mizzou fans. People have tangled with MSU and SIU fans in the past too, but the difference is those folks usually disappear after we play them.

I have said stuff about Mizzou when counter-punching others, and perhaps that is why you are sensitive to some of things I have said. I can see why you as a Mizzou fan don't like hearing reading some of these comments, but ask yourself why the topic came up. Who originated it? You got a little bent out of shape when Abomb used the term 'SPUMAC", but he was only using it in response to a shot taken at SLU. Besides, isn't it accurate to say the University of Missouri at Columbia has been plagued by scandals? It can't be disputed. And yesterday, MUTGR jumps in to call a good Billiken fan like jimbo a "no-class loser" for making factual statement about Mizzou. I thought that comment was way out of line and I called MUTGR on it. This still is BILLIKENS.com, right? This is in essence our home court and you gotta expect Billikens fans will protect our home turf. If Missouri fans don't want to get their feelings hurt, they probably should go away. And if they did go away, you wouldn't see the Mizzou topic come up very often at all.

Take it to PMs.

Take it to PMs.

Backhand disagrees, I love this entertainment on the board while I'm at work....point for ACE.

On a related note, eastsidejoe is still lieing on the canvas from my uppercut the other night. Too bad the moderator came to your aid. See you at the game tonight Eastside, bring some kleenex for the nosebleeds.

Can't we all just get along? :)

the problem is we have a couple of posters who only post to cause trouble. It digresses because we have to put up with it. If we were like most message boards and got rid of the posters who are just here to troll and who have previously been banned we'd have a better board. There is something to say for having a light touch in regards to banning people, however, letting those that should be banned remain usually end up with threads that are just arguments.

Totally agree.

I feel like this Mizzou thing turns into a witch hunt.

Yep.

thicks, this board is about one or two mizzou people and a handful of SLU posters who try to take every thread into slu vs. mizzou nonsense. Oh, and the let's join the valley threads. Can't you see that? Much like politics a few years back, it's obviously a topic that people can't handle on here.

Keep up the good work! Let's get behind our team! We're on the rise!

Indeed.

ACE (formerly known as "the detective"), you aren't usually a model poster, yourself. You like to instigate issues, especially when it comes to Mizzou, and you conduct witch hunts, accusing everyone with a differing opinion of being a Mizzou or "SPUMAC" fan.

Hit the nail on the head.

the problem is we have a couple of posters who only post to cause trouble. It digresses because we have to put up with it. If we were like most message boards and got rid of the posters who are just here to troll and who have previously been banned we'd have a better board. There is something to say for having a light touch in regards to banning people, however, letting those that should be banned remain usually end up with threads that are just arguments.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

+1

Concur!

Also of note Hey Thicks should a moderator be ignoring people?

Brian: I'll take gay Bettie over blue Betty any day. But oh, Black Betty, Shamalamb!

Why should I have to subject myself to drivel I don't want to read — let alone what many others don't want to read? Do I have to read all of the soccer threads, too?

If there's an offensive post by someone a moderator is ignoring, just use the report button to report it. That will get the moderators' attention.

Take it to PMs.

+1

Is anyone else getting tired of the "knights in shining armour" who have taken it upon themselves to "protect" us by turning as many threads as possible into slu vs. mizzou garbage? Kudos to thicks for trying to save the board from this b.s. If you don't feed stray cats, they'll quit hanging around.

I stumbled on this forum about a year ago. I follow pretty regularly but never really felt the need to respond to any threads. Every opinion I have about Billiken basketball is, generally, shared by another poster.

Let's be honest: SLU is not 'big time'. I'm happy being the underdog but it makes for crappy media coverage. That's why I come here: its my billiken news source. I'm sure there are others like me. So PLEASE STOP BICKERING WITH AND ABOUT EACH OTHER so I can get on reading. TALK BILLIKEN BASKETBALL.

This team is obviously coming around so you should all have things to discuss besides the 'tones' of other posters and who is on your ignore list. There are going to be a lot of newcomers to the board so lets try not to let all this girl talk lead them away from making, dare i say, relevant contributions.

I'm fed up with petty personal differences clogging up this message board. I would go so far as saying I'd rather read another A10 vs. MVC thread. Seriously.

Why should I have to subject myself to drivel I don't want to read — let alone what many others don't want to read? Do I have to read all of the soccer threads, too?

If there's an offensive post by someone a moderator is ignoring, just use the report button to report it. That will get the moderators' attention.

YES! ALL MODERATORS SHOULD READ ALL OF THE SOCCER THREADS!

Just kidding of course but I did think that moderation involved reading the whole board.

I stumbled on this forum about a year ago. I follow pretty regularly but never really felt the need to respond to any threads. Every opinion I have about Billiken basketball is, generally, shared by another poster.

Let's be honest: SLU is not 'big time'. I'm happy being the underdog but it makes for crappy media coverage. That's why I come here: its my billiken news source. I'm sure there are others like me. So PLEASE STOP BICKERING WITH AND ABOUT EACH OTHER so I can get on reading. TALK BILLIKEN BASKETBALL.

This team is obviously coming around so you should all have things to discuss besides the 'tones' of other posters and who is on your ignore list. There are going to be a lot of newcomers to the board so lets try not to let all this girl talk lead them away from making, dare i say, relevant contributions.

I'm fed up with petty personal differences clogging up this message board. I would go so far as saying I'd rather read another A10 vs. MVC thread. Seriously.

This I think is a reasonable post.

YES! ALL MODERATORS SHOULD READ ALL OF THE SOCCER THREADS!

Just kidding of course but I did think that moderation involved reading the whole board.

I do my best, but there is a reason we have three moderators. Not everyone will catch everything.

I encourage using the report feature.

There is basically one individual whose sole intention is to create trouble. I am not sure why it is tolerated, especially when so many people don't like it.

Yep.

ACE (formerly known as "the detective"), you aren't usually a model poster, yourself. You like to instigate issues, especially when it comes to Mizzou, and you conduct witch hunts, accusing everyone with a differing opinion of being a Mizzou or "SPUMAC" fan. Don't think you can vindicate yourself because I closed a couple of threads.