Here are some pics from tonight.

SluSignGuy

The only time I have been there was the night of the Mission Impossible SLU Preview event. I was very impressed by the sports bar; however, there were only a few students in there at the time. I don't know what the bar's policy is regarding large groups and non-students.

DeSmetBilliken, BlueCrewleader, or any other current students, do you have more specific information?

IF our athletic dept was sharp, they would see the success we had with an impromptu get together at a crazy bar that couldnt care less if we were there. i would think,

"hmmm wonder if we organized something really nice at the new busch center, with a few tvs strategically set up and a buffet and cash bar, what an opportunity to look for prospective billiken club members!"

If Humphreys doesn't get Charter, Busch Center probably doesn't either.

I'm sure the Sports Zone would be happy to turn the sound on and put it on the main big screens if we pick a game that isn't during the NFL playoffs. Pick a night when the Blues are off and there's no football. Sports Zone would be great if the Bills were the only game on.

i think humphreys doesnt have charter because they choose not to pay for it. having satellite instead. i dont think it is a matter they cant get it.

The manager over there at Wackadoo's in BSU is a former SLU band member. His name is Mike Sykora and I bet he'd be able to set something up for us. Give him a shout if we're setting something up in the future.

Humphrey's doesn't pay for Charter? Are you kidding me? Something is seriously wrong here. Why in the hell would they not carry that knowing Billiken games are on Charter? I am very disappointed with that. You would think they would want to draw students to watch games. Unless this Wackadoo's is just for students, that could be a great place to watch games. You would think a local bar would want to promote their business and make it known they show the Billiken games so that it becomes a regular thing. No big event needs to be planned, every away game shown on Charter would always have people there who want to watch the games.

Just another thing lacking for the Billiken community.

Wackadoos is certainly open to non-students, and I would think they would be accomodating since they seem pretty desperate for business most of the time. It would be worth a call ahead to make sure they carry the games, but that would be a good place to gather. Like someone else mentioned, they do have a very large projection screen.

I wanted to go, but was unable to attend due to prior commitments. I am an occasional poster on this site, but I live on this site daily, and have followed the Bills Since Jim Roder was manning the Point. Anyway, I was looking at the upcoming schedule, and the Memphis game on February 7th might be a good game to try this again. Depaul on February 21st might be a good game too!

Figured I would throw those dates out so everyone could kick it around a bit.

I don't exactly know all the ins-and-outs, but I bet bars have to pay more for cable than residential customers. In the long run, (perhaps) for the general sports bar/fan (who want to watch a team that is not stuck with a tv deal on cable access like SLU) something like satellite programming, Dish Network, Direct TV offers more programming options than what Charter cable offers. From that standpoint, (more programming and perhaps a lower cost) that may be the better choice for Humphreys, to stick with their current setup rather than pay an additional cost of adding Charter cable for a limited number of Charter Cable SLU events. Its all about business, and remember, a lot of restaruants don't even last their first year, so that additional cost of Charter may sound like a drop in the bucket to us, may be too much for the bar .

This issue is SLU not any particular bar...I fault SLU...the AD dept...give me a break...if you do not want to be small time...get a tv deal...local free tv, WB 11 even a cable fox tv...but not some exclusive cable company....in the era of satelites...and STL unlike some other cities even has more than one cable company....They can do better than this at SLU..

It is pretty sad when Harpo's a Mizzou bar has the SLU game and the SLU bars don't.