are you a real fan? take this trivia to find out

bbillhater

What team did the men's basketball Billikens defeat 50 years ago (March 21, 1948) in the NIT to win the national championship?

What two-time All-American and future member of the St. Louis Hawks competed in that game?

Name the two other men who were named All-Americans in the history of the men's basketball program.

Who was the coach of the 1947-48 national champion Billikens?

Who was the last Billiken to be named an academic All-American?

I will post the answers later on

I'm gonna try w/o looking anything up:

NYU

Easy Ed McCauley

Bob Ferry and Barry Orms(sp?) or Niemann (mid 60s)

Ed Hickey

Scott Highmark

You should have added when was the last time the Bills won a conference championship?

Who coached the above team?

Who were the two teams the Billikens beat in their NCAA appearances in the 90's?

Bob Polk

Minnesota, losses to Wake Forest and Utah

What conference that SLU played in has the most NCAA championships?

What set of twins led SLU to two wins over Louisville in one season during Louisville's run of dominance in the early 70s?

Who was Ron Ekker's claim to fame before SLU hired him, and what university did he come from?

Name all the starting point guards for SLU from 1980?

- NYU

What two-time All-American and future member of the St. Louis Hawks competed in that game? - Ed Macauley

Name the two other men who were named All-Americans in the history of the men's basketball program. - Bob Ferry and Dick Boushka

Who was the coach of the 1947-48 national champion Billikens? - Eddie Hickey

You should have added when was the last time the Bills won a conference championship? - 70-71 MVC

Who coached the above team? Bob Polk

Who were the two teams the Billikens beat in their NCAA appearances in the 90's? UMass and ?

What conference that SLU played in has the most NCAA championships? - While SLU was a member Metro, overall CUSA

What set of twins led SLU to two wins over Louisville in one season during Louisville's run of dominance in the early 70s? - Robin and Eric Jones

Who was Ron Ekker's claim to fame before SLU hired him, and what university did he come from? He was from West Texas

Name all the starting point guards for SLU from 1980? Johnson, Pee Wee, Roder, Newberry, Footes, Winfield, Macauley, H, Macauley, Walker, Fergerson, Perry, Fischer, Polk

>1970

>Bob Polk

>Minnesota, losses to Wake Forest and Utah

>

>What conference that SLU played in has the most NCAA

>championships?

>

>What set of twins led SLU to two wins over Louisville in one

>season during Louisville's run of dominance in the early

>70s?

>

>Who was Ron Ekker's claim to fame before SLU hired him, and

>what university did he come from?

>

>Name all the starting point guards for SLU from 1980?

I loved that Utah team, Mike Doleac, Andre Miller,and a wing, that I cant remember right now. That was back when Stanford had Arthur Lee, and Mark Madsen, and I believe I started watching them because they had a Mosley, but I dont think it was spelled right. i remember Doleac started the game off with a 3 from the top of the key and the rest is history. A year later against Mizzou, Kenny Thomas of New Mexico started a game with a 3 from the top of the key and I knew it was gonna be a long night. My favorite all-time billiken. Virgil Cobbin.

Name two bllikens drafted by the nba in the 90s

What NBDL team did Marquee Perry play for

Who did we beat last year to end our w-l-w-l streak

What was the score of the Louisville upset

What 4 teams did we beat to win the c-usa tournament in 2000

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball