Follow the NBA?

BLIKNS

Personally about the only NBA I follow is to see what the Legend does/did,other than that not much.How are your feelings,a)rather watch the NBA,than college,b)as long as it`s basketball you watch,c)could care less?What if Laurie were to bring a team to St.Louis,would your feelings change?

other than espn highlights, like you, i only follow hughes.

if laurie switches his basketball expense account from paying tigers to nets, i wouldnt pay to see it except when larry came to town.

I also do not follow the NBA. I can't stand to watch a game where no Defense and very little team ball is played. When was the last time you saw someone take a charge or even move their feet on defense.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I don't bother .... not even with the Legend who's actually close to me here as the "local" team. There's no team ball. No one can shoot. Underneath the basket is the WWE. Rules are changed (i.e. palming the ball) so they can relate to the "streets." Bunches of guys making millions who wouldn't make a dime in the real world .... the Legend probably included.

Irony of ironies ... LeBron James is up for the Sullivan Award ... given to the nation's premier amatuer athlete. That kid hasn't been an amatuer since he was recruited to go to his high school. Michael Phelps, the swimmer from Baltimore who set like five world records, is another of the 18 or so nominated. What is wrong with that picture?

Clippers threw down a magnificent 68 points in Toronto last night. Now, we all know the NBA doesn't play defense so how do you fathom that? None of these idiots can shoot! Sportscenter reveres the dunk. Push. Shove. Wrestle-wrestle. Palm. Break Free. Six steps. Dunk. I love this Game!

imo the demise of basketball at any level can be traced to one aspect.....not calling fouls. make the game the ballet it is supposed to be instead of some kind of hybred form of rugby and basketball would again become the sport that the world could identify with. the problem more so with the nba is that it has taken the roughhouse trend to the extreme and made the likes of a 6'9" good with no skills that can basically only dunk, push and grab the star instead of a player like travis diener.

...........sorry one of my favorite rants.

Back in my Seattle days the Sonics were the only local team that I rooted for and they were very popular back then. I really have not followed the NBA much since our move to Palm Harbor. I still find myself looking to see what the Sonics record is even though they have a plethora of new players since I moved in 2000.

I can see I stand alone on this, but I like the NBA. I don't follow it as much as I used to. I think the reason I started in the NBA way back when was because I followed the guys I watched in college to the pros. I don't like it anywhere as much as I like college, but I will watch it, especially during the playoffs. I just see it as a different game. Basketball is like pizza to me. There are all kinds and different styles and everybody seems to like one style or another best, but I can sit and enjoy it all. (Although, I think I have pizza only about 3 times a year) Heck, I even watch Slamball on Spike TV a few times.

Whoever said the NBA is like the WWE is right on. It's exactly like the WWE, but I will watch that occasionally. Okay, my credibility on this board just went away didn't it? Sorry, I like watching anything physical. You know fighting, boxing, martial arts, UFC, WWE, NBA, female mudwrestling, female catfights, - okay, I better watch what I say next.

Oddly, I think the most interesting thing about the NBA .. is watching the NBA draft.

In the same way, watching the slow down basketball our billikens play isn't the most exciting thing, but discussing "the future" and recruiting is something to get excited about.

I just moved up to the Chicago area which in a sense has given me my first dose of the NBA .. all 82 Bulls games are on tv (Norm Van Lier included) .. watching them in moderation isn't a bad thing (a quarter here .. quarter there).. their season is just too long. You cannot expect them to play hard every single night (they only make millions of dollars).

I "think" that NBA scoring is down because of "defense". Teams like the Rockets and Detroit have placed emphasis on playing team D .. teams are hiring defensive coachs. There is poor shooting in half of the NBA. There is also poor shot selection (the Celtics and Mavs).

But, if anyone hasn't noticed the Sacremento Kings might be the best shooting basketball team ever. They're worth watching when they get on a roll.

The NBA is calling more travels this year (believe it or not). They are trying to re-work things. But "Shaq Diesel" murdering people in the paint needs to be handled.

Bill over marquette will be long overdue ....

-Rat

The last person I saw take a charge was Kirk Hinrich .. he takes one once a game. He is loved in Chicago .. I never appreciated him at Kansas, but he is an example of someone who comes to work everyday and gets rewarded for it by taking Jamal Crawfords minutes.

This is my first big post .. long time viewer .. alum of 2002 .. simon rec rat for the past 6 years .. if you've played on the court there .. then likely you've seen me.

One of my prime rants is the NBA. I last went to a terrible Warriors game several years ago with gifted tickets that cost $65 each! The place was full of almost 20,000 people who were not real hoops fans, IMO. It was quiet as a tomb during a boring game as both teams walked up and down the floor. All offense was one on one with the other 8 players standing on the side of the court! Then during timeouts the too loud music started and people jumped up to get on the videoscreens on the scoreboard and people went nuts trying to catch little balls aand waded up t-shirts being flung into the seats. Then the game started and the place quieted down like a funeral was happening instead of a game. I could not believe how bad it was.

I follow the NBA and watch it occasionally.

I deplore some of the changes that have made basketball, the NBA game especially, boring and most of the time very hard to watch. IMO the 3 point line killed basketball as we know it. Shooters on any level are a rare breed now. Players who are 6'9 and can jump through the roof but who possess no basketball skills are valued much more (case in point Darius Miles). I like watching the NBA on ESPN Classic, that is real basketball. Few teams play like that anymore, the Kings being one of the few. Like another poster said unfortunately the best time I have watching the NBA is the NBA draft.

BTW Larry is not doing so well. The wizards are probably the worst team in east. Arenas is back but not 100 percent and Larry still has to carry the team. His shooting the past few weeks has been awful. His game has improved but he cannot be the main cog on a winning team.

he shot 9-18 last night and scored 26 points i believe. but you are correct he has been in a 2 week shooting slump. still he is close to 20 ppg and is one of the top rebounding guards in the league. he isnt kobe, but he is better than the average player. having a big time inside player would certainly help. but since arenas and shackhouse have been injured, and his support on the inside consists of high school all-stars that never went to college (kwame brown) and third players at syracuse (etan thomas) and over the hill finese inside players (laettner) i am not sure what you would expect him to do? i am doubting that kobe or jordan in his prime would have succeeded with that support.

Have you heard of the Spurs? Other than the Mavericks, Kings, and a handful of other teams, it's rare where you see efficient, free-flowing offenses.

The problem with the NBA for me is that there's no local team for me to follow.