Pattonville Invitational

thetorch

I went to the first two games of the Pattonville Invitational tonight.

First game was Chaminade vs Jennings. Chaminade set the team scoring record for the Pattonville Tourney scoring in triple figures while Jennings got close to 80 in a run and gun game. Neither team had any prospects. The best player on the floor was Alfred Nelson for Chaminade who signed with Drury I think. Chaminade has a ton of shooters, brandon Lockhart a soph guard for them may garner a look down the road, he has really good handles. Both teams were very quick, but Jennings refuses or can't take any jump shots. They shot one three, besides that their longest shot attempts were free throws.

Second game was the one to watch, CBC vs McCluer North. North ran em out of the gym up by 30 in the second half, finished them off 63-40. North's big three all scored in double figures but Torres Roundtree was the star, dominating the Stars play on the offensive end. He finished with 23 points, all but 2 scored before the fourth quarter. Most of his shots were on drives though he made a great 3 from half court at the buzzer to end the first quarter. Roundtree also had half a dozen boards and as many assists with a couple steals. Femi John scored 10 points and deferred to Roundtree most of the time. John was a little more active on the defensive end and showed a nice midrange game. Anthony Booker had 15 points and showed some range with a couple jumpers from 15 feet and out. He was decent on the boards, not great, he had a couple blocks but considering his jumping ability and athleticism he should be more active. Booker is generously listed at 6'8, he is more like 6'6 and he has small hands, not good for catching in the post. John is really athletic, and was touching the top of the square in warmups. Roundtree is the least athletic of the trio but I believe has the most basketball skills. If we have offered John, Roundtree should be getting offered from us too. CBC freshman Ryan Pierson started for the Cadets. He is a legit 6'8 or 9. Definetely not as far along as say Griffey was last year but he has some skills. He is someone to watch as he grows in skill and stature.

Angres was the only D-1 coach at the game. I believe there were a couple guys scouting from some D-1 schools. Lindenwood, Meremac, and McKendree all had guys there. Earl was there hawking his wares as well.

You are confusing Torres Roundtree with Rolandis Woodland at Summitt or Marvin McNutt at Haz Central. Woodland used to play BBall and Football at Lutheran North and McNutt plays both both at Central, both are highly touted football recruits. Roundtree to my knowledge does not play football and certainly was not a top player on McCluer North.

Booker is generously listed at 6'8, he is more like

>6'6

He looks 6'8 to me.

http://overland-stannjournal.stltoday.com/...c_snc_1.ii1.jpg

>John is really athletic, and was touching the top of

>the square in warmups. Roundtree is the least athletic of

>the trio but I believe has the most basketball skills.

I agree on the basketball skills but disagree on the athleticism. I've seen Roundtree sky over much taller players for rebounds and dunk in traffic in a game. If anything, he's a better leaper than John.

>we have offered John, Roundtree should be getting offered

>from us too.

If Roundtree doesn't improve in the classroom, he'll be headed to juco first.

You can't tell from that picture cuz it is from underneath. Booker was not taller than either Justin Tatum or Alfred Nelson. Ryan Pierson was noticeably taller than Booker and was also listed at 6'8. If Booker is a legit 6'8 than Pierson is at least 6'10.