I am amazed..

Billikan

Sorry, but I took "we did not bring in any quality 4's" tom mean just that ... it is what you said. Maybe what you meant was I'm dissapointed that we do not have any better options at the 4 than JJ and 3 unproven freshman that still need time to develop.

I agree.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Follow the thread. A couple of poster referenced people "calling for Brad's head" or wanting him fired. Who in the hell on this board has been actively campaigning to have Brad fired? That's the paranoia you should be talking about. As for your cries about dropping politics, I wonder if you would have been saying that in 2004?

actually, I think only one poster said that. It was Alumni fan, and I think it was just a figure of speach. Were you trying to group him in with someone else? If so who?

Yeah you are right, I posted we did not bring in a quality 4 and that was not what I meant to say. That would make it seem that I think very little of Obi, Horace, and Adam which is not exactly the case and would be an unfair thing to say this soon into their careers. I think all three of those guys have some nice attributes and could develop into quality players, they just aren't there at this point.

> actually, I think only one poster said that. It was Alumni

>fan, and I think it was just a figure of speach. Were you

>trying to group him in with someone else? If so who?

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

>

>Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would

>have helped club.

Nope. Refer to SheltieDave's post. The Fire Soderberg straw man.

We agree. I bet this happens often, people get grouped into a certain category because they don't always project their real feelings properly. You can see why anyone would have assumed you were down on the frehman, when in fact you are not. I know I do it occasionally. I have reread my posts numerous times and realized it didn't come across exactly as I meant it. Now, most of these guys have college degrees, some of them even advanced degrees. Now there is no excuse for that. Me, I'm just a used car salesman. I can't be held responsible.

WTF ... we are all passionate fans ... better that than a bunch of people who couldn't care less

Ace, your attacks were so vicious in this thread, i barely made it to the end. Enough with the 4 letter words and other hate mongering with which you "poison" us. I think we should call the mods in everytime you even think about posting, it would save the rest of us from your vitrolic corrpution.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

Very few programs could survive a season where their 2 top players were lost or severely limited during a season. For me, Brad gets a complete pass on that season. Now examine his record. We generally agree that the cupboard was mostly left bare upon the leaving of Romar, so I think he's done pretty well. He handled the question of not having an early signing at the Tip-off Club. He said they aimed high and missed except for 2 still on the fence...mostly because "friends" are whispering that they can "do better." He said they certainly could have had early signings, but when he won't give a scholarship unless it improves the team. He's not worried at all about this year's class. It would be ridiculous to assume that nothing is being done on our recruiting front. I think many of us would agree that, top to bottom, our overall player level is higher than since Larry was here, so it's easy for me to buy into his logic; don't sign a body just to have one. Remember the Spoon days? I think we all agree he did a lot of that...and none of us liked it.

I was specifically called out, so I will specifically respond.

First of all, there are very few bigger SLU basketball fans in the world than me. My friends and co-workers give me a hard time about my obsession with the Billikens.

Second, I don't think Brad should be fired. I don't think Brad is a bad coach. There are some things about him I think are outstanding. For example, I love the scientific analysis he puts into scheduling. I love his ability to maximize the ability of certain types of players. I love his commitment to not settling for recruits. At times, I love his gameday coaching strategy. I have concerns about his obsession with defense at the detriment of the offense. I have concerns about what appears to be inflexibility when it comes to certain aspects of coaching. I wish he could do a better job of trusting certain types of players earlier in their careers.

Third, very few people who know me personally would classify me as a pessimist. However, most who know me recognize that I really enjoy a good debate (without getting personal). I raise these points because I have been somehow labeled as negative on this board. I don't see myself as such; I believe that I can raise very legitimate questions about the progam while still being excited about this year's team and the future.