The Saga Continues

VTIME

http://sportswaveonline.com/hardhits.htm

The Wizardry of The St. Louis City School Board

By Demetrious Johnson

There are things that happen in life that one may not understand which have you mystified of the act or action that has taken place. Well that strange phenomenon has taken place in the St. Louis City School district a few weeks ago.

The despicable action of the St. Louis City School Board makes you feel as if you are in a fairytale. Some that is fiction to only find this fiction to be fact.

I must call this the Wizardry of St. Louis City School Board to only find the characters real.

Here are the real life actresses and actors, starting with the main characters The Wicked Witch on Lindell, Veronica O’Brien, Bill Purdy, who plays the dual roles of The Wizard and The Cowardly Lion, as we all know has no heart, but continues to manipulate and pull the strings of majority of the Board Members. And now the supporting cast No Brains, Tin Man but in this case, The Tin Woman, Donna Jones, and last but not least Mr. Anything for blacks I’m against, The Scarecrow, Peter Downs, whom I am definitely against.

They call themselves the New Board Majority, which they felt rules and regulations do not apply to them. They were supported by the Teachers Union Local 420, who wanted to have control of the school board for monetary gains, not for the children’s educational needs, that’s a future story to be written.

The Wizard, Bill Purdy, of the St. Louis City School Board with his influential magical powers over the others, pulled off the most amazing act which would take some years to accomplish this death defining feat, was pulled off in three months time with the wave of their idiot pen. First with the direction of the wicked witch on Lindell, Veronica O’Brien, made two of the most influential black men for black kids in the country disappear, Coach Floyd Irons and Dr. Creg Williams. They used No Brains Donna Jones to present a resolution to fire Coach Irons. Three days later, they forced the resignation of Creg Williams. We all know that the Cowardly Bill Purdy was known to have had problems with Coach Irons.

I was told that he (Purdy) made a promise that he was going to get Coach Irons if that was the last thing he had to do. I was also told that the Wicked Witch on Lindell, Veronica O’Brien made a deal with the Cowardly Bill Purdy that they would work together and get two black men who are role models for young black boys in the community.

This blatant disregard for the black community is unbelievable. Their hatred for Coach Irons and Creg Williams is so obvious. The racist act of Cowardly Bill Purdy, and the self hatred of not being white, the Wicked Witch on Lindell, Veronica O’Brien, wanted to make sure they set the education of black kids back 40 years. They have the mentality of a slave master, making sure the slaves can not read or write, because they may understand how important their freedom is. As the slave master, unbeknown to him, forced the slave to relate and communicate through spiritual songs, they are knowingly making the young black youth resort to rapping as their ***** spiritual song, hoping to get out of the ghetto not being able to read, write or multiply, training them to depend on the governments subsidized programs, so that they can sit in the comfort of their big homes eating caviar drinking expensive wine, making jokes, criticizing and having all the answers as to why black floks can’t achieve success in America. Not realizing that they are the problem. They use the kids as a shield to hide what they really stand for, only themselves, making statements such as it’s about the kids, then the Wicked Witch on Lindell, Veronica O’Brien make statements saying that Coach Irons is not good for kids when we know she has only been in one school since she’s been on the Board. That school is Williams School , when the Governor was visiting, not to check on the kids, but living up to her reputation of being a phony. The Cowardly Bill Purdy plays the role as if he cares about black people to only fire a man who was trying to do the right thing for black kids. Then has the audacity to go on radio shows and lie about supporting Creg Williams and Floyd Irons. They both have said derogatory statements about the Mayor Slay’s involvement in the educational process of the St. Louis City Schools. Once again proving that the do not value the intellectual capacity of the black community. The surrounding communities such as, Clayton, Ladue, Webster Groves and Eureka , would never say that the mayor should not be involved with the educational process of their children. What is the commonality of those districts? They are all white.

Well Veronica and Bill you wanted a fight now you have it. You two are going to fight the same people who you have stated with your actions that they are insignificant. The people you think don’t care about their families are not going away until you two go away. We are in this fight for the long hall. Get ready because we are ready.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How old is this guy? It sounds like a sixth grade paper. Wizard of OZ? He calls people names in just about every sentence. I really have no idea who this Demetrius Johnson is, but every thing I've seen and read about the guy makes me feel sorry that St. Louis kids think he's a role model. Name calling? It's really sad and pathetic...

This not only is an example of horrendous writing, but exemplifies the "racism" that DJ claims to be fighting. If he believes that the actions of Bill Purdy and others were racist, is reversing a racist sentiment toward them going to solve anything? Ridiculous. His conspiracy theories are doing nothing to help. There is an organization in place that is finally trying to turn around a school district in disarray, so rules need to be followed and changes need to be made. Apparently DJ's friends are included in those changes.

He claims the New Board Majority "felt rules and regulations did not apply to them" without regard "for the children's educational needs." What does that make Floyd Irons and co.? I have never seen an individual exploit young people without concern for educational needs more than Floyd.

VTIME, this is an embarassment for the black community of St. Louis. They would be better served if DJ kept his mouth shut, quit defending an individual who is so obviously crooked and guilty, and didn't write junk like this. Wait, I take it back- this would only be an embarassment if more than a dozen people actually read that dog and pony show of a website. DJ's just blowing off his brainless steam to no one.

DJ is a racist and he is one person who I cannot even stomach to listen to. Talk about a guy constantly playing the race card.

I don't doubt that Floyd Irons is a shady individual. As far as this whole debate goes I would have to say I am more or less on the fence. I don't think Floyd is completely clean, but I see a lot of good qualities in him and in what he has provided to his kids. Ask Dwayne Polk or any former Vashon player what they think of Floyd and you will get nothing but praises. He treated his players like they were his son and those teams truly are family. I don't think you will hear one of his kids say that they felt exploited by Coach Irons. He gave his heart to those kids and gave them something positive in their life. What is Vashon without Floyd Irons? Don't worry Pistol, your son will be safe from despicable individuals like Floyd Irons at DeSmet.

fgwl i ask you do you think that any other person that would have been the coach at vashon would not have provided the same positive aspects that irons provided? i do. i.e. irons hasnt done anything above and beyond "for the children". however he has apparently done plenty to line his pockets and pay homage to himself at taxpayers expense.

irons should be in jail. and any public figure that is defending him probably has a selfish reason to be doing so. we already know that johnson stands to lose tens of thousands of dollars per year because floyd wont be handing out outrageous payments for johnson's poor play by play coverage of vashon football and basketball on public access cable broadcasts.

The main question I have on all this is from whence this came? Is this a print article? Okay, no its not, its on some shock-jock wave network.

Which means my points are all moot anyway. I was going to look at this as a journalistic endeavor because it had a byline. But journalism would imply some sort of ethics and that is just not prevalent here. This is purely opinion, and if I were Floyd, I'd at least be appreciative of having friends.

I dont' know Floyd Irons from Adam other than the obvious racial undertones, but I agree with the assessment that someone said that he had to have some good associated with his character. Of that I'm sure. But let's recognize the bad as well.

DJ appears to be declaring war. This "article" is purely opinion and is rife with tons of emotional items .... words like mystified, phenomenon, despicable, fairytale, wizardry, wicked witch on Lindell, manipulate, no brains tin man (woman), anything against blacks, influential magical powers, self hatred of not being white .. .okay I'm stopping right there. God I'm hoping Mr. Purdy has some grounds for a libel suit here. Maybe this is how a local yokel can take hi sact to a national stage ... find a local issue and magnify it so that you get noticed at the national level and start things like PUSH or run for President from NYC.

If I'm Floyd, the first thing I do is look in the mirror and try to figure out if I need friends like good ol' DJ here.

Let me ask a really stupid question here but as you all know, I'm from out of town now. Not that it matters but of what race are Veronica O'Brien, Bill Purdy, Donna Jones and Peter Downs? Honestly, I do not know with maybe the exception of O'Brien who I thought was black.

My closing thought is that this whole thing is pretty humorous and based on a whole lot of what DJ says "he was told." Nice slanderous dissertation based on rumor and hearsay.

Its a fun post, Vee and thanks for it even though you stopped writing on here at least a couple hundred posts ago.

"Ask Dwayne Polk or any former Vashon player what they think of Floyd and you will get nothing but praises. He treated his players like they were his son and those teams truly are family."

So if you're on his team, you're cool. Otherwise, what? That sounds somewhat racist to me? No?

The true mettle of the man is the middle ground .... throw out all the endorsers that fawn and love the guy to death (DJ, Vtime, his players, etc.) and throw out all the Floyd splenetics (Floyd haters for lack of a better term) and measure what's inbetween.

This is a cool war and I can't wait for how it all plays out. I'm going to love to see how this whole race card plays trump in this one.

This just goe sto show how black-on-black crime is a white issue as well.

For all the good people want to say flojo did for these kids, I wonder if people know the truth. That over the last twenty-five years more of his players have ended up dead or ended up spending time in jail than graduating a four year college. I know alot of these kids come from rough backgrounds, but come on. That is pretty sad record. Where is all the good he has done for these kids. Ten state titles but at what cost.

sorry box i disagree. he had his hands on the majority of the best basketball players in the city each year. all he had to do was emphasize academics and responsibility and doing the right thing instead of basketball. he already knew he had the means of getting them out. he only had to change their mindset. he didnt. he was obviously only worried about winning basketball games. that is why i almost puke everytime i hear "it is about the children".

sure there are a sprinkling of good stories. but those kids like dwayne polk were getting out regardless. what is sad to me is how much better could those kids have been had a real man that truly was looking out for their best interest was there.

Im not talking about the whole student body. Im talking about his basketball players. The ones that Floyd supporters want to keep on telling everyone how much he has helped. How he was such a posive role model. What has Floyd done for these kids?

I think that is a very fair question to ask and I don't think that I could give you a legitimate argument on that one. He is in a position to offer these kids a chance by the very nature of his job, but in my opinion he goes far beyond being just a basketball coach. I have seen how his players respond to him and have heard what they have to say about him. Those kids are proud to have said they played for Floyd Irons and the V. I have had the chance to see some his graduates (McKinney, Polk, the Hill brothers, Washington, Roach, and Daniels) at West Pine and they present themselves very well. Polk is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet and the people in Columbia had nothing but glowing things to say about Jimmy. I don't know if that can be directly credited to Floyd or not. On the flip side you have Nick Kerns who had the ability to write his ticket and got caught up in the wrong things. My only basis for judgement on Floyd Irons is in my direct encounters with him and what I have heard from his players. One poster commented on how I only spoke about guys on his team, for me that is the only frame of reference I have. It is my opinion that Floyd Irons is a basketball coach and that is all that he should have ever been. I can't debate anything that any of you have said, all I know is Floyd Irons is an unbelievable basketball coach who's players see him as a father.

I guess my point is that it's tough for one man to be a father to an entire basketball team as well as all the kids who've played for him in the past. While a basketball coach can serve as a father figure in many regards, there's still no substitute for the real thing.

i am not saying he should be a father. but a little tough love wouldnt hurt.

how much did he demand academic intensity? the fact that few if any of the vashon players ever qualify for college says that likely very little emphasis was put into off the court concerns of vashon basketball players imo.

i applaud the fact irons was a successful on the court coach. i also agree that it seems the kids he coaches are for the most part good kids. that is obviously a reflection on the direction demanded by irons. good for him. but he didnt finish the job. the number one focus for him should have been putting them in position to succeed in life. however it seems that other than preparing them to proudly win the state championship and be humble and polite about doing that, the kids were in fact not prepared to succeed in life.

now it can be argued and rightfully so, that is a job of the parents. but before i would saint irons, i would ask if he was willing to take that task on. he did not.

Do you have to know Floyd or the kids personally to be able to see the results. To be honest with you, I do not know how it compares to other schools in similar situations. But, I don't see other coaches being turned into saints or icons( Iron's lawyer's words) for being geat role models and leaders of young men. It is clear from the results the he is not. The point I am trying to make is that basketball just got way out of whack at Vashon. State titles seem like the only thing that meant anything. The kids' futures were not important. Basketball didn't even become away out for some of Vashon's most talented players. I just get a little p.o.ed when I hear about all the good Floyd did for these kids when for most of them the hope for the future is ending between ages 18-20. He didn't do crap for these kids. He used these kids for his own fame and fortune.