MIZZOU showing love to SLU

Anyone could say that about us SLU fans, too. It's good to see a little respect from them. Sure, it comes after a humbling year, but I'll never turn down any positive comments toward SLU basketball.

Isn't Stokes in Prison? The NCAA should give us that game if Stokes is hammering big rocks into little rocks in Leavenworth. Him and his dred-lock hair. What a waste of human life. I'd put money on his mother being a crack addict and walking the streets trying to find a way to buy a vein to shoot up.

Pete, who cares what MU fans have to say. Hey, maybe we can borrow some money from Paige Laurie....we still don't have a name for the Generic Brand X Arena!

The Miz-Zoo or whatever their student section is a bunch of SLU rejects anyway.

What MU fans say or think should merit no response from Saint Louis alums and/or fans. They know we'd beat them anyway.

so much for your pledge to avoid my posts. I can see what your word is worth...nothing...just like the rest of your sorry life you bozo.

As far as the post goes, I'd love for SLU to play mizzou. I think mizzou is a big chicken#$%# for not playing SLU. However, for SLU fans to be all worked up about a rivalry is kind of strange since they've only played one another 3 times in the last 25 years. I'm more worried about the teams the aren't afraid to play SLU. XU and Cincy play EVERY year. Louisville and Kentucky play EVERY year. Are you too dense to understand the difference? YES YOU ARE!!!!!!

Do you troll the mizzou board looking for info rich? Don't you think that's a bit odd?

I dont understand why SLU and Mizzou have to be enemies. Missouri fans support both teams win or lose. There's a lot of bitterness towards Mizzou on this board and I dont really know why. Both schools have a lot of local flavor on their rosters and the competition between the schools if any, should be friendly.

>I just wonder why there's such an obsession with mizzou

>around here. I guess with all of our conference hopping

>that people need to find rivalries.

So you are lecturing SLU fans about a Mizzou obsession? What about all the Mizzou trolls who inhabit this board? There are more Mizzou fans who stir up stuff on this board than fans of any other program. Why no lecture for them? I see from your ratings the Mizlosers think very highly of you - positive ratings from VTime, Tigerdevil, Mizzouphan and Billsboys... very interesting.

vtime said,

"Missouri fans support both teams win or lose. There's a lot of bitterness towards Mizzou on this board and I dont really know why."

vtime, i assume you made the above statement in jest?

mi$$ouri fans have always been tremendously condenscending towards slu fans. if i had a dollar for every time a tiger fan has told us why slu is beneath mi$$ouri i would be retired already. there is no comparison of the number of instances of the tiger fans coming here to tell us why mi$$ouri is better compared to a slu fan even visiting their message board.

they deserve all the venom they get here and more.

>vtime said,

>

>"Missouri fans support both teams win or lose. There's a lot

>of bitterness towards Mizzou on this board and I dont really

>know why."

>

>vtime, i assume you made the above statement in jest?

>

>mi$$ouri fans have always been tremendously condenscending

>towards slu fans. if i had a dollar for every time a tiger

>fan has told us why slu is beneath mi$$ouri i would be

>retired already. there is no comparison of the number of

>instances of the tiger fans coming here to tell us why

>mi$$ouri is better compared to a slu fan even visiting their

>message board.

>

>they deserve all the venom they get here and more.

Roy, I think what V means is that there are some basketball fans in the state of Missouri (probably particularly in St. Louis) who take some interest in both schools. I don't think he really means University of Missouri fans or alumni, in general.

Everyone here should know that I root for the Billikens more than any other program, and Missouri is a close second, but there's no doubt that, in general, Missouri's program has considerably more prestige than SLU's, not withstanding the last few seasons. I understand why Missouri fans might tend to think their program is superior to SLU's; I also understand why SLU fans have a bit of an inferiority complex. Personally, I still dream of the day that my Tigers and my Billikens meet in a regional final, with the winner advancing to the Final Four (don't pinch me!) -- or, better yet, in a Final Four or National Championship matchup. And whichever school reaches one milestone first, let the other one prevail the next time. Yeah, it's a pipe dream, I know. Nevertheless, I would love it if, in my lifetime, each of my teams reaches a Final Four at least once.

But the bottom line, in terms of comparisons, is that Missouri has been on the cusp of a Final Four twice in the last 13 years but SLU has never reached the Sweet Sixteen. Bragging is the nature of sports, so I don't let the condescension of Mizzou fans or fans of any other program bother me, because one day -- whether it's in a year, five years, or 50 years, the tables will turn, even if only briefly.

Correction, UL and KY only started a few years back maybe the last 10-15, for years Rupp and Hall didn't see how they could win with that game...win, they were supposed to, lose, disgrace. Another intra state game fans clamor for is Ohio State vs UC. Ain't gonna happen, again OSU sees it as a win is a no win. I'm pretty sure this is what Mizzery fears in playing us. They are the BIGGIE in Missouri, a game w/ SLU is an everything to lose affair. This despite the fact our last 3 games were all close, well attended, and am sure big $$$ makers. Shame on Missouri. I wouldn't expect Anderson to schedule us until he thinks the game is a virtual lock. A loss to us now would be a real embarassment even though they aren't any better and may be the lesser team. I think Q thought this in those 3 games against us he'd have his way. This is when he had the 3rd ranked team. He found out differently, and would never face us again. We should get Illinois every year...just to pee off the Tiger faithful.

If you find a post where I've said anything positive about mizzou, bring up the link. This is only about the 10th time we've been through this. How much would you like to bet? I guess Skip is a mizzou fan now, huh?

Why is it that when mizzou fans like gorilla come on here I'm the only one to go after them? The only "mizzou" fans you ever go after are billiken fans...okay, I'll give you tigerdevil. If you really hate mizzou and love SLU, where are you when the fans of other schools come around? Why do you hide?

Now if we want to bring up an interesting subject it would be your in-depth knowledge of all things Illini.

i'll defend footes on this one. footes is a tiger hater like the majority of us here.

the problem footes is that you become guilty by association since you side with the tiger loving group on so many other issues that have come up on the board that i guess a lot of the hardcore billiken fans then blur the lines.

I will admit it...it is the little brother syndrome that every small private school has over the large public school in their state. Everyone in Illinois is either jealous or hates Illinois that is from a small school because they get all the publicity. We SLU supporters enjoy our school for what it is worth (an outstanding academic school with sports programs that we wish were better). However, we are extremely jealous of Mizzou for their publicity and devoption to athletics, especially since they ran and hid from us after they sqeaked by on Stokes last second shot. Bottom line, it is no big deal...Mizzou grads will always be working for SLU grads any way!!