Matt Shaw press conference on Wednesday...

Shaw will be wearing the Blue hat. If he was going to Carbondale he would wait till spring to see what Stanford said. He is feeling the momentum the Billikens are building and wants to be a part of it.

Oh and thanks for the info Nate.

your reasoning makes sense. i hope you are right. but keep in mind that painter is feeling pressure and i am sure wants someone to commit this fall. i dont think anyone has yet.

It's hard to predict this one. Based on previous articles, supposedly SIU-C had the edge since they had been recruiting him the longest and they offered his major. But then his AAU teammate decided to commit to SLU and Frank implied that SLU had the edge. This is a tough one to call, but all I know is, if we get him I'll be quite happy and love this recruiting class. If we don't get him though, I have confidence Brad will be able to bring in a quality replacement.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Seems to me that if he was all that enamored with SIU that he would have committed right after his visit - if I remember correctly, SIU was his last visit. I am sure he just wants to keep the hype up as did Liddel by making everyone wait until the last second. I will be watching the board to see what happens.

romar used to say that he wanted to be the first or the last visit a recruit got. felt that anything in between spelled doom or at least a tough uphill battle. the last guy in has all the advantage of being able to get the family to summarize their experiences and point to the last guy as the right guy.

>romar used to say that he wanted to be the first or the last

>visit a recruit got. felt that anything in between spelled

>doom or at least a tough uphill battle. the last guy in has

>all the advantage of being able to get the family to

>summarize their experiences and point to the last guy as the

>right guy.

Since he went to SIU last and he's making a decision so quickly, that's why my gut feeling is that he'll go there. I wouldn't mind being wrong on this, but if he doesn't come here, I don't think it's the end of the world either. I now have a lot of confidence in Brad and staff that they can get a 4 at least as good.