St. Louis Eagles Schedule

This is best I can pull from a little research and memory. I will adjust it when I can get a hold of a copy of the schedule.

March 24-26 Nike Illinois Spot-Lite (Joliet, IL) 16's and 17's

April 7-9 Boo Williams Invitational (Hampton, VA)17's

April 14-16 Wings Easter Classic (Little Rock, AR) 15's and 16's

April 21-23 Nike Kingwood Classic (Houston, TX)17's

April 28-30 Nike Next Level Invitational (Dallas, TX) Everybody

May 5-7 Sabes Invitational (Minneapolis, MN) 16's

May 12-14 Jayhawk Invitational (Lawrence, KS) 15's

May 19-21 KC Keys Invitational (Kansas City, MO) 16's and 17's

May 26-29 Nike Memorial Day Classic (Nashville, TN)Everybody

July 6-8 Hoosier Shootout (Indianapolis, IN)15's

July 11-14 Nike Peach Jam (Atlanta, GA)16's and 17's

July 20- 23 Super Showcase (Orlando, FL)16's

July 23-27 Super Showcase (Orlando, FL)17's

July 28-31 KC Price Chopper Invitational (Shawnee, KS)16's & 17's

orange julius, it is my understanding by reading between the lines that you are possibly either involved coaching or a relative of a current aau team/player.

it also seems you are pretty tied in to the local up and comers.

could you summarize the current local aau teams and highlight who plays for who? at least the team that you follow? that is something that can greatly help us that like to follow the high school players moving along.

The St. Louis Eagles Invitational was at Mizzou last year, this year we are taking a one year hiatus from the event so we can repackage it and make it a better tournament.

The Nike Hoop Jamboree is closed to the public. I think there is one day they let media in, so I am pretty sure a rep from Billikens.com can get a credential for media day.

>orange julius, it is my understanding by reading between the

>lines that you are possibly either involved coaching or a

>relative of a current aau team/player.

>

>it also seems you are pretty tied in to the local up and

>comers.

>

>could you summarize the current local aau teams and

>highlight who plays for who? at least the team that you

>follow? that is something that can greatly help us that

>like to follow the high school players moving along.

Aren't there 4 sophs on the Eagles 17's and are they Suggs, Perry, Soderberg, and Brandenburg. Do they also play on their regular 16's level.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll add the following info here.

Saw the following quotes on GatorBait.net (rivals site) by Jerry Meyer in an article titled Kingwood - Day 2 on a couple of the Eagle players.

"A number of underclassmen are competing against their elders in the 17-under division. Greg Monroe and Xavier Gibson are a couple of well known 2008 prospects that we caught a glimpse of today but there were also some others like John Brandenburg that were very impressive during Saturday's action.

Brandenburg competes on every possession at 6-foot-11. He already has decent strength and very good feet and hands. Shoots it with touch and has a jump hook inside. More impressive was how he ran the floor and came up with rebounds and loose balls.

Brett Thompson is another good looking 2008 big man on the St. Louis Eagles. Not quite as athletic as Brandenburg, Thompson is a very good prospect in his own right.

And on the wing for the Eagles there is 2008 prospect Scott Suggs, who has an afro and a game that conjures up thoughts of Josh Childress."

And another tidbit of former Carbondale player that I found interesting.

"Also looking good for the Warriors was reclassified 2007 forward Manuel Cass. Cass is now playing like a true small forward and has even grown to 6-foot-7, 215-pounds.

After his game, Cass had this comment about his college situation.

"I'm still committed to DePaul, but if things go like I hope they do this summer, I'll open it back up."

He said that he is already hearing from Boston College and Memphis."

If I was DePaul ... I'd keep looking and if I found someone better I'd give his scholarship away in a second. As a matter of fact I'd put extra effort into dumping his ass at the last minute.

I hope we do not recruit him if he really said that

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

> If I was DePaul ... I'd keep looking and if I found someone

>better I'd give his scholarship away in a second. As a

>matter of fact I'd put extra effort into dumping his ass at

>the last minute.

>

> I hope we do not recruit him if he really said that

Players reopen their recruitment up all the time!! You can't blame a kid for wanting options. It's potentially the next four years of your life. The players need to find the best fit for themselves, not the institution. It would take a miracle for us to land a player like Cass anyway. We couldn't get him the first time around, now he's on his way to being a high major prospect.

If you hope SLU doesn't want Cass, then you have to hope that SLU doesn't want Knollmeyer either. Don't forget that Knollmeyer just reopened his recruitment last fall. Remember that Liddell switched his committment to UNLV for a week as well. It's even more common in football.

I don't think Liddell did. My point was if it's ok for the kid to commit unless better offers come along ... then it is ok for the school. So if a kid commits to Depaul that they like better ... they should be fine in telling Cass they changed their mind and pull his offer. I hope they do. What the hell is a cimmittment if it only a cimmittment unless something better comes along

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

6'11 Brandenburg who is athletic and can run the floor.

Suggs, who is compared to josh childress.

I mean we got lisch because we were on him since he was 12 years old but I still cant seeing us acquiring a 6'11 athlete? SLU just doesnt do that. I know we already offered suggs so thats good we are on him.

But this upcoming year is going to be huge. If we go dancing and then these two cannot simply overlook us like tier 1 prospects normally do. And then if we get those 2 we will be even better the next year and well on our way to becoming the Gonzaga of the midwest.

Any thoughts on our chances?

I think SLU has a legitimate shot at landing Scott Suggs, John Brandenburg and Tyler Griffey.

The only problem is the Billikens will have to compete for those guys against some of the best college programs out there. I've heard Suggs already has seven scholarship offers before the end of his sophomore year, including from Washington, Illinois and Arizona. I wouldn't be surprised if North Carolina, Florida, Kentucky and others came calling on him.

Griffey, who's only a freshman, will be the same way.

Brandenburg hasn't attracted the same kind of attention, but he will be heavily recruited as well. I don't know if Illinois has offered him, but considering he plays on the same St. Louis Eagles team as Illini commitment Mike Tisdale I'm sure the coaches in Champaign will get a good look at him this summer.

- Nate