MVC Props-Wichita State

out of all the mvc first round matchups, this was the one where I thought an Mvc team should win, especially considering Seton Hall was one of those bubble teams that probably should not have made it.

>SH loses, BC in OT against Pacific. If BC loses this is

>gonna break a lot of brackets....a lot of hearts...there'll

>be a lot more green beer drunk in beantown tomorrow if this

>happens.

I disagree. Wichita St. WAS supposed to win. Conference champ who beat frankly a team less talented than UC who wasn't invited.

I had UWM in our ESPN bracket because OU struggles too much offensively for my taste. OU's seed was perhaps a bit high at 6...down year for them....I would agree they deserved a little bit worse seed.

BC and Pacific would be an upset. Pacific is a solid team. BC despite their strong finish struggled early and weren't as dominant as expected this year.

I actually have Wichita St. in sweet 16. Quite early to declare your statement, isn't it?

There are a lot of good and bad fans....good and bad media people...biased unbiased etc....

N. Iowa v Georgetown.....Bradley v KU. etc...these are the games the MVC needs to win to make some noise.

Those BC free throws were the definition of Clutch. I have them in the Final Four (they are one composed team and proved it today), but National Champs...Wow...

Is Greensboro where the ACC Conf. Tournament is?

Skinner's proven himself to be a real blood hound for sniffing out under the radar talent. Smith, whose a load, I read somewhere, was not even in the 300 rankings. Dudley went to Boston, from of all places, CA, and said "here are some tapes, can I have a tryout!" It's why I'll root for BC in this thing, although I don't have 'em winning. Proves you don't need the McD all americans to succeed in this game. These gems are out there, you've just got to dig to find 'em. I've got Villanova as the champ.

BC Survives.

I have BC in the Final 4.

We went upstairs and watched the end of regulation in a lunch room. Of course, much of the gathering was rooting for UOP, which hails from Stockton.

I kept saying that BC should foul with that 3 point lead. I learned that the hard way coaching the 8th Graders in the CYO. Sure enough the UOP guy drained the 3.

But BC ultimately survived.

Now Marquette is going down big time against Alabama, but it is still in the first half.

Had UWM...had Montana in many other pools.

Nevada isn't a major, and if anything critics will say what were they doing with a 5 seed?...so that one isn't a big deal. And Bama is an SEC major team.

Wichita St. was supposed to win.

Unfortunately I also had Winthrop. That one bites.

How about the kid from Bama Felix...welcome to the dance. Averages 8 points a game, and in the twent something percent range from three and goes 8-11 from 3. WOW. Bama shot the lights out at times. They are capable...crazy team...beat teams like Florida, Tenn, then lose to Miss and Miss St...shows what an athletic team can do when given a chance.

I don't know a whole lot about Nevada. I know they lost at St. Mary's, and Nevada was supposed to have a good player. The WAC is supposed to be stronger than the Big Sky, but every now and then a Big Sky team will rise and surprise in the NCAA.

I think Nevada got the #5 seed due to the pod system, which is how Montana got the #12. The Committee wanted those two teams in Salt Lake City.