CL just on 590AM

pakapablo

Kevin & Rammer just got finished with an interview with Cheryl Levick.

In reiterating the arena info she mentioned there are currently a little under 6000 season ticket holders. She also mentioned the most expensive ticket today is $23.00 in the new arena it will be $25.00

If the arena is only 10,000 seats, how in the world can we fit all 6,000 season ticket holders? Should I start saving up for a good set of binoculars? We all have families to feed; how are we going to come up with an extra $2 per ticket. And what about the casual sports fans from Potosi who wants to buy a ticket for the "big game" every year; will 4,000 extra seats be enough that he can buy the seat he so richly deserves the night of the game? I mean, with only 4,000 open seats the university could be turning away a lot of couch potatoes who can't afford the basic package on CCIN.

That ticket price could change just like the 13,000 to 10,000 changed.

At least she is out there touting the new Arena even if it should have happened on SAT night.

I did hear from someone that the returning SLU players were angry at not being announced at the game. I would be especially if I came in from out of town to get no mention. They didn't even announce that alumnae Baby Blues were performing with the current Baby Blues. I also heard that the high school dance team performance was terrible.

I seldom stay to watch the half time show so I did not see it. I usually go stand and talk out in the concourse. I think they could have announced the old players - someone needs to share this with CL so she can learn and maybe send an note to the players. Did they have a dinner together or something before the game? If our season tix base is 6k then I stand corrected - 10k is probably OK.

Also, CL is going to Columbia to tour Mizzou's arena and meet with their design team to discuss what's good and bad about their new arena - she's also going to do the same with the Cintas Center at Xavier as she has not been there yet.

Perhaps examining the Leavey Center at Santa Clara will give us some insight as to how our new arena will look, since CL was behind its development:

http://santaclarabroncos.collegesports.com...aveycenter.html

Oddly enough I was just discussing those same thoughts at work. The fact that I am a band member, at every game, and was there saturday night and didnt hear about it until Sunday is beyond belief. No one mentioned it at the game, not one mention post game at Humphreys either.

Note to Cheryl: THIS IS A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT. TIME TO STOP WITH THE CIA -like TACTICS!! YOU HAVE TO GET THESE SMALL THINGS RIGHT IF YOU EVER WANT TO BE BIG TIME!!

You had a captive crowd of 13,000 +. You had 100+ former Billiken greats that you rushed onto and off the court during a timeout instead of halftime. The former Baby Blues were mentioned, but THAT seemed like an afterthought (too bad, cause they STILL are better than the current squad). It was an exciting win that would have been even more exciting with that bit of excitement added.

Instead of telling these folks who are AT YOUR GAME....you talk about it at halftime on the radio of a home game with how many listening? It should have been done BOTH places.

I wont be able to call....someone PLEASE ask her why that wasn't done right!!!

"who was among those who at one time flashed the mississippi tug boat captains from Cape Rock Park"

Now your really bringing back memories of the '70's for me. Spent many a night at the Rock and Twin Oaks pounding down my favorite St Louis beverages during my stay at SEMO.

AH, the $1 and all you can drink keggars........

Life was good back in the ol' days.