Bubble dreams?

pooch1918

>Drejaj is crap, he might score if you leave him absolutely

>wide open. He's slow, doesnt handle the ball well, has a

>ton of turnovers. His defense isnt even great every game.

>He has no athleticism. He has not had a good career. Never

>came close to scoring double figures, and for a guy who

>doesnt score that much where are the assists. For a guy

>with no real tools, the least he could do is be a top free

>throw shooter, but he's not even that. He was a second

>thought player who qualified late, and he gets way too much

>credit for showing emotion while not really doing a whole

>lot. Several 0 and 2 ponit games. Even SLU wouldnt sign him

>now if he were coming out of high school. There are much

>better players on every D2 team in this state.

I think i'd get further arguing with a wall. Not everyone on a team is a scorer. This team has 3 better scorers, statistically, than Drejaj. When you only average 55-60 points per game as a team, not many players will score in double figures. He also is 2nd on the team in assists, not bad for not playing PG. He is also 4th on the team in rebounds. If you wanna talk stats, you lose. Drejaj is constantly on the opposition's top guard. For a coach who emphasizes defense, thats a pretty high honor. No one here will argue that AD is going to continue onto the NBA. Nor will anyone say he is a superstar. Drejaj has contributed more than the average player over his 4 years. If he had been 100% for the GW game, thatd be our W. I think we may get a 2nd chance with that in the tourney though. In conclusion, the only crap is your opinion. But you're entitled to that opinion nonetheless.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Drejaj is crap, you my friend, are whale poop on the bottom of the sea. Not much can be lower than that. I'll take Anthony over most DII players and many, many, many DI players out there. A whole team of Drejaj's may not win every game but few are won with out at least one on the floor. Who else on the Billikens has any 'tude???? Lisch and Meyer. Sometimes Ian and Dwayne.

I have to disagree with you, V. I'd much rather have a one-and-done appearance in the NCAA Tournament than a trip to the NIT finals. The exposure that the program would gain by making the NCAA is much greater and would go a longer way in helping higher quality recruits (both local and elsewhere) consider coming to SLU.

I don't think we have any shot at making the Big Dance this year outside of winning the conference tournament, I'm just saying that if I had to choose between the two (NCAA vs. NIT), I'd much rather be in the NCAA Tourney.

i believe the money to just be in the ncaa exceeds the money the nit champ has made as well.

here is a clue on the worthlessness of the nit, name the final four of the nit last year without looking on google? i cant.

Broy, I am very aware of how rpi ties into ncaa bids. All I was stating was if we win out it would be hard to keep us out. If the A10 is worth its salt, a 20 win team gets a solid look. Especially one that has won 8 of 10. Of course this is all speculation, but I hope we find out who is right.

Listen here you racist. If you want to wear your Klan costume to my part of town. I am smart enough not to meet you at your klan meeting with your 6 ft 7 brother body guard. If you want to meet, I will pick the spot. If you show, I will stay off the board.

hey. v-time your pretty ignorant and dumb.AD MUST BE DOING SOMTHING RIGHT.he will finish top 4 in steals and top 5 in 3"s made in school history. idont think that is crap. and there are a few more games left so maybe you should learn how to read and comprehend what your talking about the only crap on this board is you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No question about the value of the two tourney's...the NIT to me will always stand for Not Important Tourney. The Big Dance will always reign supreme.

Having said that I think any post-season for our young developing team is important this season and I would view an appearance in the NIT as a stepping stone to bigger and better days ahead. I am certain that with our RPI where it is at this late juncture in the season that our only shot at the Big Dance is to win the A10 tourney. While I don't view it as impossible, it will not be an easy thing to pull off.

>for 4 years coach soderberg has had anthony drejaj guarding

>the top opposing player. considering you know he is not a

>good defender, that is an amazing happening.

>

>of course he isnt a star. but he will leave slu knowing he

>always gave it his all and he got more out of his talent

>than a lot of players that go through the motions.

>

>the fact that you downplay drejaj and just a couple of weeks

>ago you were trumpeting mi$$ouri players, speaks volumes

>about what you look for in a player. thank god that coach

>soderberg picks our team and not you.

Lisch is the team's best defender. If Drejaj is guarding the opposition's best player its only so Lisch can rest more on defense.

we have been told time and time again by both the trainer and brad that lisch is by far the best conditioned player on the team. he doesnt need to rest to play at a high level.

and whether lisch is a better defender than anthony is immaterial. what you think that brad picks the worst player on the team time and time again to shut down the opponent's best player? that makes no sense. obviously drejaj if not the best is one of the best defenders on this team and all the teams over the last 4 years.

>we have been told time and time again by both the trainer

>and brad that lisch is by far the best conditioned player on

>the team. he doesnt need to rest to play at a high level.

>

>and whether lisch is a better defender than anthony is

>immaterial. what you think that brad picks the worst player

>on the team time and time again to shut down the opponent's

>best player? that makes no sense. obviously drejaj if not

>the best is one of the best defenders on this team and all

>the teams over the last 4 years.

I guess that's an excuse for him to play the whole game. He plays way too many minutes. Plus he turns the ball over way too much for a senior who's not asked to play pg and cant create his own shot. He has games of 0 and then splashes in a good effort here and there to keep his numbers above abysmal. There have been nights where he hasnt scored anything and gotten lit up on the defensive end. Inexcusable lack of composure for a senior who's supposed to be a role player. A role player is supposed to fit in, not standout for his mistakes.