new poll

p diddy

if mizzou gets the hammer from the ncaa for their obvious lack of institutional control and outright cheating, which player would you like to see in a billiken uniform next year.

a. jimmy mckinney

b. kalen grimes

-- i know what the first inclination is going to be, but think a little before you make your answer

quin snyder -- a really really bad boy for life

as badly as we need a inside big player, jimmy is too good of a talent to pass up. so if i can only have one, i take jimmy and worry about the logjam later.

I think I would have to say Grimes. I know Jimmy is very good, but it seems that good guards are a dime a dozen and we'll have plenty by next year. Inside play is our "achilles heal" right now and I think with some solid inside play we could be a VERY good team that no one wants to play and make some noise in the "big dance". I know Grimes' attitude and work ethic has been questioned, but I think if anyone could get him to live up to his potential, it's Brad.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Jimmy would make an immediate impact but we have a greater need for what Grimes brings (even though he will have to be extensively coached up to utilize what god gave him). My vote would be contingent on whether Tommie Liddell qualifies. If so, I would take Grimes. If not, then I vote for Jimmy Mac.

laurie might not be a bad deal. our rent payment would go down and then maybe we could afford more scholarships for the athletic dept.

The only choice would be Grimes. Jimmy has spent time at Mizzou and in that kind of a program. He may be too influenced to change. Also, with Jimmy may come some baggage. If he's been in the MU program, who knows, allegations may come out later that he was involved in and then we would get negative exposure!

maybe we should discuss this after tomorrow and east side's 6'5" center probably out plays him with tommie dominating the whole game as well. :-)

I must say that I agree with you wholeheartedly!!!Why would we want these kids we offered them schollies one time and they picked Quin and Mizlow over us.Besides with what they've probably seen at Mizlow and in their recruitment they could become "cancers" in the locker room.They'd probably be happy somewhere else like Cincinatti.