ALEX TYUS

BallGenius

HEY EVERYONE IM NEW ON THE BOARD. I'VE SEEN ALOT OF THE POST ON HERE ABOUT ALEX INTEREST. IM A GOOD FRIEND OF HIS AND HE IS A LITTLE INTERESTED IN SLU EVEN THOUGH WEREN'T LISTED AT ONE POINT. ACTUALLY TODAY ME AND HIM WILL BE DOWN AT THE GIRLS AND BOYS GAME. HOPE TO SEE AN UPSET. MAYBE THE STUDENT SHOULD CHANT "TYUS" DURING THE GIRLS GAME. LOL J/K

I hope this is not a joke post! If true, I would think that Alex Tyus would be an absolutely perfect fit for our Billikens next year. We have all the pieces to make a serious run except for the big power forward. Playing with Ian would open up a huge opportunity for Alex because he is such a good passer. With Tommie, Kevin, Dwayne and the rest of our great guards we would be a team to beat in our conference. Please tell Alex that he will be loved by our fans and he would have a great opportunity. Hope you are all there tonight!

>I hope this is not a joke post! If true, I would think that

>Alex Tyus would be an absolutely perfect fit for our

>Billikens next year. We have all the pieces to make a

>serious run except for the big power forward. Playing with

>Ian would open up a huge opportunity for Alex because he is

>such a good passer. With Tommie, Kevin, Dwayne and the rest

>of our great guards we would be a team to beat in our

>conference. Please tell Alex that he will be loved by our

>fans and he would have a great opportunity. Hope you are all

>there tonight!

Alex and Ian both graduate in 2007.

Well, I remember when we were trying to recruit Kevin 2 years ago and he was on a visit, the Blue Crew put a big sign facing campus in the windows of 2 floors of Griesedieck Hall that said, "Welcome Kevin". He was walking down campus with Soderberg and Kevin pointed it out to Coach saying it was cool...then later that day we went to their scrimmage and were holding up signs saying like "Kevin is SLU-licious." He verbally committed the next day. We were allowed to do that, so you should be able to make a sign. :)

>Steve, forgive my cynicism but this guy comes on and says

>Tyus has interest in SLU and we get hyped. I'm thinking this

>is a "rumor" Billiphan, Faulk, or Kappy '96 might like to

>throw up in our face at a later date. Any way to tell?

No way to tell, however Tyus was at the game sitting behind the Billikens bench. A great showing not only from the Bills, but the fans also. Tonight made SLU look big time.

>Alex is just what SLU needs, an athletic pf, who can play

>some wing, but will rebound and finish inside and block some

>shots. My wish list for Christmas 2006 is commitments from

>Tyus, Powell, Stokes, and McNutt/Doss.

VTIME,

I think there will be some bigger schools going after McNutt for football.

He will have scholarship offers for football and basketball. It will be interesting to see what sport he chooses to play in college, or if he goes somewhere he can play both.

- Nate

>Steve, forgive my cynicism but this guy comes on and says

>Tyus has interest in SLU and we get hyped. I'm thinking this

>is a "rumor" Billiphan, Faulk, or Kappy '96 might like to

>throw up in our face at a later date. Any way to tell?

Dbag, How would I throw it back in your face? Is it the fact that you got mad at someone for spreading a "slanderous rumor" one minute and another minute your believing a rumor from another poster because you want to believe it.

I won't throw it back in your face if you just answer one question for me. "Just how dumb are you?"

A rumor about a recruit having interest is a whole different matter than a rumor about someone's academics. Which is not our business. Of course who could expect you to see the difference? You probably buy the National Enquirer at the check out stand. And I'm not getting hyped until I read where AT has actually has us on his short list. If you'll read the post, I said any way to make sure this wasn't someone like YOU using two monikers to come on here just to get your rocks off on the real fans getting excited over nothing. No hypocrisy here, Phanman, just exercising some caution.

At the peril of setting you off, Billiphan, I'd like to know exactly why you post here. I can't even remember the last time you posted about basketball. Instead you take personal shots at all the posters. Is this your idea of contributing to our discussions? I just really don't understand why you enjoy coming to this board if you don't care about discussing basketball.....you contribute no more than A10Billman did.

And aren't you 50+ years old, per the "Who are you?" thread? Why the immature name-calling at that age?

>Here's a thought to pass along to Alex: the Bills starting

>lineup for the 2007-2008 season:

>

>Kevin Lisch

>Tommie Liddell

>Alex Tyus

>Leon Powell

>(a center to be named later)

>

>To see those 4 play together for 2 years at SLU would be

>special.

Husak/Obi would be the center.

>At the peril of setting you off, Billiphan, I'd like to know

>exactly why you post here. I can't even remember the last

>time you posted about basketball. Instead you take personal

>shots at all the posters. Is this your idea of contributing

>to our discussions? I just really don't understand why you

>enjoy coming to this board if you don't care about

>discussing basketball.....you contribute no more than

>A10Billman did.

>

>And aren't you 50+ years old, per the "Who are you?" thread?

> Why the immature name-calling at that age?

Apparently he's here to defend lies directed at SLU players, while getting PO'd when people take shots at Mizzou. In summary, he's a dumber version of Joey Fluegel.

Steve, forgive my cynicism but this guy comes on and says Tyus has interest in SLU and we get hyped. I'm thinking this is a "rumor" Billiphan, Faulk, or Kappy '96 might like to throw up in our face at a later date. Any way to tell?

I've got no issue 72. If someone want's to believe a rumor, it's up to them. They need to determine if the posting has enough validity. In my experience from reading the board, sooner or later someone will either confirm or shoot down said rumor (remember last weeks grade debocle) When it comes to recruiting I choose not to worry about it because we have be teased soooooo many times in the past, remember Carawell? Again SLU72, lighten up, I don't hate you, we just have different opinions, isn't that what the boards are here for.