Polk: 5 assists, 0 turnovers

VTIME

well he penetrates and sets everyone else up for open looks and he rarely gets to be the recipient of that. The more we establish Ian, the more open shots everyone will get and believe that they eventually will knock them down. We started of 2/3 from beyond the arc and I guess we got tired or something. Ice cold after that.

polk played excellent the first 10 minutes. then he seemed to disappear imo. especially in the second half. same could be said for all 5 of the guards imo. ian was the only constant factor.

If you look @ the box scores we shot almost 43% from 3 pt and over 41% from the field. Defense left us down and I attribute this to travel fatigue, not coaching, not to player effort, not to player abilities or the lack of. We started the game well, but faded out on defense. Defense takes the most energy and this is where travel fatigue hit. It appears we have a center and we will see about the rest of things when we start playing games back here. I hope the players had a good time. They earned it. The Post now has a game summary on line.

that if we win people would say, "wow the Bills are pretty good" to a game where if we lose they'll say "SLU still has a long way to go." I don't care who was hurt or jet lagged for SIU, losing to Monmouth and a D2 team is bad. We absolutely must win this game.

p.s. anybody that watched the Xavier/Purdue game on WGN saw during halftime where they were talking about the a-10 and they had all the records up there and they had us at 2-1 (granted they had us in the spot where a 1-0 team would go but lets just hope they had foresight).

>they've been out there since Thursday night. Its our

>inability to guard a real PF and Brad being forced to play a

>defensive system that packs it in so tight to help guard

>that PF that it allows for wide open three pointers.

He's more than a real PF. He's a pro and he was going to get his points regardless. Or job was to stop everyone else like Lijesky. He was 5 of 6 from 3pt land. Why guard Sensely with Brown instead of our best athlete in Liddell. Liddell shut him down when they finally put him on Sensely after he spun on Brown and tore the basket down. Not going at Sensely at the other end hurt us also. He didnt pickup a foul til late in the second half. The 4 guard lineup didnt hurt us. If was failing to knock down shots, guard the perimeter and going away from Ian down low. They couldnt stop him and we should've kept working inside out. The 4 guard lineup is here to stay. If we play an athletic 4, just put Tommie on him. Tommie can stay in front of him and make them shoot outside jumpers. They also cant guard Tommie at the other end. If Tommie did get in foul trouble, VN and LM can play the 4 and spell him, while drawing opposing pf's out beyond the arc for 3pters and leave Ian in single coverage.

Yes you are correct. I did not mean it was authored by the Post, but that if you went to the Post site you could find a summary. I only posted the Hawaii site, not the Post site, for that reason. Sorry. I thought a more telling gaff in the pursuit of excelence occurred in the business section. It features an article on billboards and the come back of neon. Handy tid bits, but....

Vtime ... say it outloud, sometimes that helps ... P O L K what does that spell ... Polk. P O I N T G U A R D ... what does that spell Point guard ... put it together what do you have Polk pointguard.

Stand in front of the mirror and practice that 50 times a day. I have faith in you, I know you will get it.

If you don't go on to the next drill P O L K ... V A S H O N ... G R A D U A T E D ...

If that doesn't help (though I am sure it will) let me know I have some advanced lessons that should seal the deal.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

If Polk is a shooting guard....he better start making shots...

I'm fine with him as a point guard, he breaks pressure well and once the ball is across half court the guards are pretty interchangeable in the motion offense

By the way...the guards are getting good looks, and with more teams doubling Ian he will get the ball to the open man and that man needs to drain those shots for us to have a good season.

Sensley was playing a mutated SF. For better or worse, Tommie will be our leading rebounder this year if we play significant time with four guards, because he has a nose for the ball, great hops, and Ian normally will be tied up with the center/PF on a boxout.

I'm pleasantly pleased with our situation. The frosh are contributing much more than I anticipated, but there is also a negative to this. JJ is non-existant, so be prepared for some PF schooling in the games we play against two good big men.(Sigh)