BILLIKEN MADNESS IS BACK ON!!!!

bluecrewprez

Well, the Athletic Department has had a change of heart apparently due to a persuasive email...long story short: BILLIKEN MADNESS IS BACK ON!!! 9:20PM FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14th IN WEST PINE GYM!!! This is 100% confirmed and IS GOING DOWN!!! We need to fill that gym (1200+ people) and you need to be a part of it!!! There will be a pep rally starting at 6:00pm in the quad (in the middle of campus) to start getting people excited for it and the actual "Madness" will start promptly at 9:20. Bring your families, tell your friends, and WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!! GO BILLS!!!

that still isnt the first day of practice, but it is a lot better than an unknown day in the future. thanks to whomever opined to the administration! me and the fam will be there.

Every time I check this site, this event is off, then on, then off again and now on again.

It's difficult to pull these things off when the team had a losing season the year before. Good luck.

Don't get me wrong. I think there are a couple reasons to be excited about this year's team, but I think getting fans excited enough to come out to this kind of event -- in a place like West Pine, no less -- is going to be difficult.

- Nate

nate, we arent talking about the capacity of the eddydome. my gosh the students alone should be able to fill the place. 1200 people shouldnt be that tough to do. it will take an effort, but if they actually try they should be able to do that.

This is AWESOME news .. lets not complain but rather do everything we can to get this place packed. As Roy said, West Pine is not huge, and a packed west pine can be a lot of fun because it can get really loud.

I am extremely pumped about this and we will try to do everything we can on campus to fill the place up.

Metzy, if youre reading this, let me know if you ll make it .

GO BILLS !

all,

thanks for your support of our event! We're asking for a huge financial outlay from SGA and the Athletic department, and everyone has been really supportive (and willing to spend their money) in the interest of having Billiken Madness go off without a hitch...come along and wear your lucky socks; we'll have giveaways, inflatable attractions (think obstacle course, for all of our kids and kids-at-heart) and FOOD!

We hope to see everyone there,

Matt Auxier, Blue Crew VP, Finance