2006 WI recruit offered

"In addition to the offer from Saint Louis, Koch has offers from UW-Milwaukee, Loyola of Chicago and Wichita State, according to Koch’s AAU coach, Hugh Roberts. "

Not exactly powerhouses....

Edit:

From the same site:

Adam Koch, 6-7, WF/PF, Ashwaubenon

One of the top returning players in the Bay Conference along with Seymour's frontline tandem of Matt Hackl and Dan Genke ... Plays with a tremendous amount of poise ... A consistent mid-range jump shooter ... Needs to improve strength and shooting range ... "Adam shoots it well and he's really a good defender," Roberts said. "He needs to get stronger, and he will. I'm really impressed with him. He's a terrific player who is very coachable."

Looks like he is the tallest kid on his HS team, but is listed as a forward. The team lists NO centers. Hopefully his AAU experience has shown coach something, and he is not relying exclusively on his past personal history with the parents.

The other teams looking at him aren't exciting. Aren't we once going to go head to head with some school and get a name that excites us? Not necessary for every recruit to do this, but would like to have something to brag about.

Just once every two years would be enough.

mhg

I agree WSU is a good team and UW-Milwaukee has been pretty good recently as well. Brad doesn't recruit like other coaches in area like Quinn. Quinn seems to recruit simply on talent, trying to get the best he can and throw them on the court. Brad has a system in place and recruits players that will fit into a role in the system. If this is a player Brad thinks will fit into his system, then I am all for him coming to SLU. Also did you see that WVU is also looking at him, another school that looks for certain types of players and not just the best athletes.

but wouldn't it be nice to get some "three star' guy who isn't flying under the radar due to injury or whatever to say, this is where I want to play. I feel that way about Lisch, but he didn't play the AAU circuit and the rest of the world didn't know about his abilities.

When we can get this type of player to come here, then we will really be something.

mhg

>Thanks for the scoop. I've read some good things about this

>youngsters but I haven't see him play. One of those players

>whose "stock has been on the rise" the past couple of

>months. Offering a 6'8 player, even if he is

>perimeter-oriented, makes more sense than offering another

>guard.

I was thinking the same thing and another: i.e., he must be able to defend. Coach showed no interest in Kalicak from Desmet (which this kid sounds like in the brief description given above) so he must have more tools. Am glad to see that we are looking for shooters in the next recruiting class.

Koch is a late bloomer who has come on like gang busters. Up until this spring he was being looked at by mostly D2 schools. A college head coach told me this spring that if he continued his current rate of improvement he would be a high major D1 recruit by the end of summer. Koch looks to be on track to do just that.

From what has been written about this young man he sounds like a perfect fit for our Billikens--a hard worker who plays defense, can shoot the ball and is very coachable. He sounds like a taller version of Kevin Lisch. With Tommie leading the way, this type of player would be perfect as a part of building a winning tradition if he continues to get better and I would bet a lot that if he plays for Brad he will improve greatly.

I watched Adam Koch play two AAU games this summer. He is a tall

(6-8 give or take a fraction) lean kid who moves really well, has a good mid-range shot, used good judgement, and was active battling after rebounds. If you project his added strength and weight gains out 2-3 years from today, your looking at a pretty good college forward.

After Koch's name came up last week I emailed my brother who lives in Ashwaubenon if he new anything about him this is his reply (he is not a HS expert but is a college basketball (Marquette) fan):

"Ironically i did see this kid play a game last winter vs. DePere... a good friend of mine has a kid on the DePere team. I was impressed w/him..,had an array of nice moves. If he fills out and keeps improving I think he could have a solid college D1 career...certainly could be a key contributor."

If Koch is unsigned or signs with SLU I should be able to see him around the holidays when I visit.

Not that anyone necessarily cares, but my brother's belated rply was due to his successful play at the Wisconsin State Am Golf Tournament. Congrats on an excellent 4th place finish. Wish I was there.

Not that anyone necessarily cares, but my brother's belated rply was due to his successful play at the Wisconsin State Am Golf Tournament. Congrats on an excellent 4th place finish. Wish I was there.

He isn't the guy who signed an incorrect scorecard after round three, is he? Couldn't find a list of the final scores/

No. But he did finish tied for 4th with him. That guy, Neal Grusczynski, was a Xavier U.(as in A-10) golfer, signed his scorecard with with one extra shot on it. Neal G. was really up and down with tons of birdies and bogies (he had a quadruple bogey on the final round because he lost it temporarily after taking a two stroke penalty because he hit his own bag--his caddie dropped it--on a richocet off a tree).