hope everyone likes the Family Arena

TEE

coach wanted two "guarantee" games at home before the trip to Hawaii, but since there will be a circus and a possible game that if I remeber was played on ice with sticks????? savvis/kiel/??? is booked guess where we open up the home regular season. good news the family arena got a new floor, no more God awful stl swarm purple/yellow.

also slu @ unc supposed to be first wednesday in december.

and I have no reason to believe you are not, I find that decision interesting on a couple levels:

a) when word gets out that we had to play out there because of the circus it will only help the administration beat the drum for a new arena even louder. I wonder if we didn't at least partially want a conflict date to make our point stronger

:) I think there is opportunity to market the game to West County folk that typically don't want to drive to the Savvis. I remember the Iowa game many people calling 590 and saying they've never been to a Billiken game but would go because it was so close. Maybe we should give away free child tickets to all St. Charles grade schools (and make the parents pay full price).

Glad to hear UNC is on the schedule. This implies a return trip to the Savvis the next year and the SIU concern froma different thread is unwarranted.

i cant tell you how thrilled i am to have the possibility in front of me that i have to cross two rivers to watch home games. as adam sadler once said in a snl skit, "who is the marketing genius that thought up this one?"

i do agree though that it will illustrate the scheduling problems of trying to battle for dates at the savvis. i only wonder what the fiscal difference is for using the family arena instead of say trying to put something together at the eddydome.

it doesnt have to be set up for 50,000 fans. i would be surprised and disappointed if they cant figure that out. i guess i could get a room at st charles super 8. i am a little concerned about safety though as i am sure not having a pickup with a gun rack on the back window will stick out as an obvious outsider.

> a) when word gets out that we had to play out there because of the circus it will only help the administration beat the drum for a new arena even louder. I wonder if we didn't at least partially want a conflict date to make our point stronger

You should stop reading my posts entirely. It almost appears as if you've picked up a cynicism virus. ;)

This now makes us like DePaul - they play all over Chicago sometimes and see what that does to their attendance. Buy games are not that well attended anyway so maybe it does make sense to give the tickets away to groups and/or offer a big promotion - I just got back from a week in Tampa and went to see the Cardinals play the Rays - $12 a ticket to sit in what where seats closer to the field than those going for 3xs. The seats were in right field. Additionally, you got a hot dog, soda, and cracker jack. The area where these seats were located was packed. The same could be done for these games.

This, if true, is very bad news, especially at this particular time when we are having to pay for our season tickets. We would be paying full price for substandard games at a substandard facility, and who would want to pay full price for that?.

everyone's favorite referee, Gerry Pollard, has moved to the St Charles City Police force with his keeper, former Sheriff and now City Police Chief Mr Swope. So Gerry will be around keeping all of us safe. Oh wait, he has a deal that during basketball season he really has no law enforecement duties so he can concentrate on his hoops career.

Tickets should be given out to various schools all the time. We got the seats, why not put some butts in them and maybe a kid will get hooked like I did.

Interesting little story, the only reason my family had season tickets was that my sister in Middle School jumped on the Highmark & H bandwagon (along with a bunch of other girls at Visitation coinicidently ;) ). Well, eventually H and Highmark all graduated. SLU was mediocre again, and my dad still had the tickets. So he started bringing me. The St. Louis Post Dispatch handed out some signs, and Steve was hooked. And my dad was now stuck with Season tickets for Life (My Mom is now hooked).

Unless in the agreement for Savviss we have to pay for giving out free tickets, I see no reason why not to give out a 1,000 each game to a different High School.

Blame Cherly. There is no marketing director in the Athletic Department. Koshe left and they still have not filled Jim Braun, John Garrison's spots. So blame Cheryl. I FORGOT SHE IS TOO BUSY PLANNING HER DAUGHTERS WEDDING LIKE SHE SAID IN HER MONTHLY MESSAGE. THats information that we did not need to know.

dont count me in the levick champion circle. thus far her administration has been a huge disappointment from all angles.

i believe he is working for woolard at south florida. i might be wrong, but i thought i read that somewhere.

steve's post.

i totally agree it is stupid to not put the butts in the seat in an effort to win new fans. i wrote to slu a couple of times last year and suggested they target the hockey fans with bring an unused blues ticket in and buy one and get 5 free or something like that. of course that didnt happen either.

>i am a

>little concerned about safety though as i am sure not having

>a pickup with a gun rack on the back window will stick out

>as an obvious outsider.

You haven't spent much time in St. Chuck Roy. They'll take you as one of their own. Frontenac it is not.

after a little reflection, you all are right. i guess i just have been stuck on too many I-70 tie ups to have a taste for it.

it is so convienent now for anything downtown. thus my frustrations and want not to have to drive to the family circle arena.

I'm pretty convinced that the SLU media/advertising/marketing folks could just really care less. Obviously they are NOT held accountable for their work (or lack thereof) and as long as they show up everyday, they will keep their job. I mean, none of the people on this board recieve money from SLU, yet we can somehow come up with better marketing ideas that what has come out of the university in at least the past 5 years. And these aren't earth shattering ideas. The majority of them are simple and cheap, yet they would be extremely effective. I just don't get it.