A modest proposal!

I have not posted often recently because I prefer to comment on what I can observe during the season. That does not mean that others can't have fun taling about the pros and cons of players,recruits, potential recruits, etc.,etc. It is just not my thing.

However, I generally try to read the posts and I think we have a problem. We have a new poster that has made hundreds of posts. That person is not a Bills fan and he has made it clear that he will go to any lengths--including libel and slander--to try to demean SLU. The last straw, in my opinion, is the series of posts that claims that SLU and its administration intentionally arranged for people to paint racist graffiti on the walls of Harris Stowe so SLU could obtain the Harris Stowe property. He refuses to apologize and he continues his diatribes.

My modest proposal is this--I will never again read or reply to any post from this person. I would propose that all other Billiken fans take the same position. Eventually, this person will take his hate filled attitudes and pursue them in some other forum. Each time that someone replies to him it just encourages him to say even more outrageous things. This board used to be about Billiken basketball. If something is not done, most of the true fans will leave and that is the last thing we want. Just a modest proposal! Go Bills!

>I have not posted often recently because I prefer to comment

>on what I can observe during the season. That does not mean

>that others can't have fun taling about the pros and cons of

>players,recruits, potential recruits, etc.,etc. It is just

>not my thing.

>

>However, I generally try to read the posts and I think we

>have a problem. We have a new poster that has made hundreds

>of posts. That person is not a Bills fan and he has made it

>clear that he will go to any lengths--including libel and

>slander--to try to demean SLU. The last straw, in my

>opinion, is the series of posts that claims that SLU and its

>administration intentionally arranged for people to paint

>racist graffiti on the walls of Harris Stowe so SLU could

>obtain the Harris Stowe property. He refuses to apologize

>and he continues his diatribes.

>

>My modest proposal is this--I will never again read or reply

>to any post from this person. I would propose that all other

>Billiken fans take the same position. Eventually, this

>person will take his hate filled attitudes and pursue them

>in some other forum. Each time that someone replies to him

>it just encourages him to say even more outrageous things.

>This board used to be about Billiken basketball. If

>something is not done, most of the true fans will leave and

>that is the last thing we want. Just a modest proposal! Go

>Bills!

I didn't realize that in order to post something on this site you had to "Drink the Koolaide" of the school or the athletic department. Even though I don't agree with everything posted, I don't think it is a good idea to start boycotting campaigns against people. Obviously basketball gets the most attention but I always thought that all SLU athletic teams were in play. I think people should just relax. This forum is for people to share their thoughts or concerns about SLU Athletics. Sometimes people go over board but it's just an opinion. The Sun will still come up on Saturday.

disagreement and discussion about billiken basketball is one thing. i have never advocated banning a poster when it involves our billikens. but problack stepped over a different line. without any sort of proof other than his own racist thoughts, he has accused saint louis university of a conspiracy to take over harris stowe college. it is an absurb theory. he has refused to apologize for his statements and for that he should be shown the cyber door. let him take his spike lee rapping attitude to the harris stowe or vashon message board.

Well, before I get banned, it was nice talking with everyone. I got feedback both positive and negative.

Everyone have a blessed summer.

And for those who want me booted, it reminds me of a Jay-Z verse

They say an eye for an eye we both lose our sight

And two wrongs dont make a right

But if you been wrong all along and its just one night

At what point does one fight? ((good question right)

Before you knock the boy, try to put your dogs in his ten and a halfs

For a minute and a half

Bet that stops all the grinning and the laughs

When you play the game of lifef and the win aint in the bag

Agreed. I am worn out by the constant starting of new threads by that poster and his/her inability to just ignor a reply-coupled with his id-ing him/herself as both Leon Powell and some two (now one)- sport player at Harris Stowe who's name he/she doesn't even know how to spell.

If we all (almost all) just ignor his/her posts he/she will soon go the way of our old friend T & 2.

Good idea Billikan.

They say they never really missed you til you dead or you gone

So on that note I'm leaving after this song.

So you aint gotta feel no way about J, so long,

At least let me tell you why I'm this way, hold on.

I was conceived by Gloria Carter and Adnes Reeves

Who made love under the sycamore tree tree,

Which makes me a more syca MC

And my mama would claim

At ten pounds when I was born I didnt give her no pain.

Although through the years I gave her, her fair share

Gave her first real scare

I made up for birth when I got here

She knows my purpose wasn't perfect, I aint perfect, I care

But I felt worthless because my shirts wasnt matching my gear.

Now thats just scratching the surface, cause whats buring under there

Was a kid torn apart once his pop disappeared.

I went to school, got good grades, could behave when I wanted,

But I had demons deep inside that were raised when confronted.

(Hold on)

brehms, if you have read problack consistently, you know that he has quoted and used as examples in his posts constantly rap lyrics, and spike lee movies. that is what i am talking about. i did not pull those words out of thin air.

roy, you were in a thread a few weeks ago talking about how much you love drugged-out '70s rockers like Dio, Rainbow, and Deep Purple. What makes them better? In fact, you also blamed the "decline" of society on rap music and likened them to mass murderers. I'm not really a rap fan, but I hardly see Will Smith as threatening America.

Nobody did any post like "roy, take you pot smoking music and head to North Korea".

What does it mean to be "right thinking" roy? There should be room for everyone in America, whether you like v time or not.

i dont recall any rainbow lyrics to preech guns, violence, etc.

you are always angry footes. i cant recall a post of your that was ever happy about anything. why?

This is America, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I do wish VTime would not so dominate the discussion on the board with a barrage of posts; however, I suspect this is just a temporary enthusiasm which shall moderate in the future. Also VTime seems to watch as many PHL games as anyone on the board so, although you may disagree with his evaluation, at least we get additional input on kids most of us see very little of.

I'm also against banning him. However, it would be nice if there were a limit on the number of posts anyone can make in one day. Ten would probably be enough.

If you read the line that Steve so kindly deleted, I can't believe you would say that remark was typical of any heterosexual male. Why don't you call out Steve if you have a problem?

I don't think it's "cute" or "guy talk" to make comments like that, especially on a board that welcomes people of all ages. Heck, Steve is barely old enough to vote!