Ms. Levick's monthly message

Lobo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i am sure it happened, but not by the hands of saint louis university as you insinuated. in fact, it is my guess that it was vashon kids. there how do you like unfounded accusations. you have proven yourself to be an idiot and an enemy of saint louis university.

I've got no issue with the idea of an arena, but rather the long-term funding issues that will accompany it and the "plans" to pay it off. Borrowing $35 million is a lot without a concrete plan to pay it back. I also think the current plan is more than we need.

Build a 10K seat place for $50 million like Xavier did, much more reasonable....

...but i have a hard time believing that vashon students vandalized property by spraypainting "******" on it. Although any accusations are based on hearsay, it would seem to me that SLU students are a more likely perpetrator.

Now, to say that the administration had anything to do with it is stupid.

It could happen. I had an incident in college where a roommate (Puerto Rican) whom I was having issues with wrote "*****" on the message board on our dorm door, knowing that there were a number of other hispanic students who lived on our floor. People do stupid stuff like that to try and pin blame on others.

"Borrowing $35 million without a concrete plan to pay it off"?

The borrowing will most likely be in the form of tax exempt bonds. There will be a 50-100 page offering memorandum that will detail, in very specific terms, the source of the funds that will be used to pay off the bonds. Very sophisticated investment firms will trade these bonds based upon the terms of the offering memorandum.

So, are you misinformed or intentionally making false statements?

Why would anyone assume Slu students did this. They are certainly less or as likely to be racist as the population as a whole. Usually those that actually deface property with racist epithets tend to be lower class goofballs not affluent educated types. To suggest SLU admin. had something to do with this is a paranoid delusion.

>one isolated incident from a puerto rican in college would

>not convince me that it was anyone other than a couple rowdy

>drunk slu students who perpetrated this one.

There have been other incidents that have gotten wide coverage where racist slurs were made and it turned out the thing was a set up. The point is that it COULD and DOES happen.

You may see a bridge loan from Us Bank but the plan has always been to issue Muni Bonds. Previous SLU paper has been rated AAA. Based on current markets that will cost the university about 4.5% for the next 30 years or 1.57 mil. per year. That number seems managable.

Exactly, the dude is never satisfied.

In a down year SLU was getting about 10,000 in attendance. Once we start winning we will want those extra seats.

The fact that the slurs were found at 12:30 a.m, wiped off and then the perpetrators came back hours later to deface the property further leads me to believe that culprits were in fact SLU students since they were close enough to escape without being caught once, hiedout, and then come back and deface the property more after police and the clean up crew left the premises. It even sounds like they waited for the police to leave and then came back and committed more damage.