can a team with 20 losses

slu72

..make some noise is the question over at none other than ESPN? In the CUSA tourney preview we got some decent ink. They cited the closing wins over Messphis and MU and how our slow down style could be a disruptive factor. They wonder if messphis has already mailed it in....I don't think so especially since the game's on their home turf. Of all the years for it to be in Memphis....anyways Taj Mahal 79 said I was dreaming when I said, wouldn't pinning a loss on Mu be a nice farewell gift...well, let's dream again this time for Bernie's benefit....a repeat of 2000...same city...same teams...actually a little easier road...who knows? And how sweet would that be, the Bills ending up wearing a prom dress and BM has to eat some crow. Go Bills...Go Bills....Go Bills.....

..not so sure about that. You have to figure Calipari knows they have talent...the talent to pull upsets over UL, UC, Charlotte, etc. If he gets these guys on the same page, playing in front of their home crowd, they could be trouble.

slu72,l you are assuming that calipari has a clue about coaching and motivating players. after seeing memphis have near the top of cusa talent every year and virtually blowing it year after year, i believe calipari is a recruiter only and needs a 7th grade coach somewhere to come in and at least explain basic basketball 101 to him to start with.

Agreed, not saying I'm setting my hopes QUITE high, because I'd love to see "Miracle in Memphis II", but Memphis will bring their best game possible Wednesday. Let's just hope what they think is their best game is the same game they brought last Wednesday and we get to see Charlotte. It's possible, we just all gotta believe.

first and forever. I'm just pointing out there are some factors here that are a bit scary. They have talent. OK it's undercoached, but there is no denying the fact they have it. They probably are smarting from the game they lost to us. They are at home. This is their only shot at the dance. Can we still beat them?....hell yes, we've done it. It's gonna be a lot harder though than it was a week ago. I think RB's going to have to step up in this game. With IO playing well they can't just concentrate on him and that should create some opp's for Reggie. We've been waiting all year for our seniors to step up and lead....can't think of a better time than the CUSA tournament. Go Bills...make BM eat dirt. Win the tourney and shut up Bernie!....a t-shirt idea!

... I can't believe that Memphis won't show up to play. Calipari is about as idiot a bench coach as can be. For all that talent he can recruit, he sure as hell can't either coach or hold their attention spans long enough, can he? There was a thread on here a while ago about Hargrave and what ... four of their guys all going to Memphis next year? How can that be? There is no way in hell Memphis is graduating four guys are they? And why would you go there? When was the last time that team did anything but underachieve? Fat Tubby and Mister K days????

I don't like this though. Memphis knows the only way to the Dance is win. The tourney is at home. They lost to us alst time and have a chip on their shoulder. Memphis wins and bigger crowds are guaranteed ... now I'm not saying anyone in the CUSA offices are taking the refs aside and whispering anything in advance but c'mon ... this is CUSA and one more loss and we're in the A-10.

Also, I see where the Bluecrewwebmaster is the official sponsor of RB. I thought we couldn't do that ... sponsor current team members in reality or jest for fear of boosterism. Is that true?

I'm still searching the web banks for someone I want to sponsor anyway. I'm getting close ..though ....

Even with the bench detriment Memphis must overcome...I think that we will be facing a pretty tall order to beat them 2 times within a weeks time and once on their home court to boot. I'm certain that our kids will give it their best effort. I will say that I wish I had some of the same stuff that Roy is smokin these days and maybe I would have a different or should I say higher outlook of our chances.

Haha sorry, never caught the rules on that...put that up there last year when Reggie was on fire. My Billiken rooting days only go back to Marque's Senior season (LOVED rushing that court)...I'm a Cincinnati kid, before I came to SLU (02-03 yr) the only thing I know about the Billikens is that they broke Kenyon Martin's leg and ruined the Bearcats shot at a national title!!!

>the only thing I know about the Billikens is

>that they broke Kenyon Martin's leg and ruined the Bearcats

>shot at a national title!!!

Expect Roy to be around shortly to correct that statement.

Steve

kenyon martin broke his own leg setting an illegal screen on j love. at the time of the incident, the billikens were already winning the game.

Haha just stirring things up a lil here...no worries, i bleed billiken blue now, can't stand the Bearcats...Huggins is perhaps the most overrated coach in the game...and i cant stand him

I think that title would belong to John Calapari.