1380 reporting Pizotti Gone

At the start of this school year, SLU sponsored 14 sports and had only three women coaches (the field hockey coach, the volleyball coach and Jill). I get the feeling that the next coach of the women's basketball team will be a woman; otherwise, the male-female ratio gets totally out of whack! Just my opinion.

One thing I like about the search for a new woman's bball coach is that the AD is going to do it by herself.....none of this search committee BS. This should make the hiring process go faster, and I'm guessing Jill's departure wasn't a March 2nd decision. I'm betting Cheryl has had a short-list of candidates in her pocket for at least a couple of months, or more.

Pizzotti was a black woman. I forgot her name. My only hope is that the candidate pool is EXPANSIVE and includes quality candidates across race and gender. Then I would hope the best one gets the job. All I care about is opportunity.

Some of you are starting to sound like Santa Clara - man, women, minority is not the issue - the best person should get the job. The moment you limit yourself by gender or race you are starting out from a negative. Who can recruit and coach - that is the combination that needs to drive this decision.

the image as well...the other link Law provided was a bio. a LONG bio with more "posed" pictures of her and her family.

I have gone back to the image several times, imagining her patroling the sideline in Billiken Blue however.

>You're calling someone stupid because you failed to

>recognize his sarcasm, and you call me a jerk because I

>think your calling him stupid while misspelling "you're" is

>ironic. Okay. You win.

First off there wasn't any sarcasm, you must be delusional.

Second, I'm glad we agree.

GS

goslu, your attempts to strongarm folks into accepting soccer probably dont work too well. if you expect to ever get folks like rich or myself or most of the posters on this board to even think about soccer, i would suggest a different approach. i dont think you are winning if you can alienate the likes of thicks.

but your choice, i will say you have renewed my faith in believing soccer sucks.