SS Game Thoughts

davidnark

It is tough to gather much information from a lopsided blowout, but the following are my thoughts/comments:

-Where is Drejaj's outside shot? The ball just doesn't look good coming out of his hand this year. We need him to shoot the ball well this year.

-Will the real Darren Clarke please stand up? The kid has good handles and nice form on his shot, but he doesn't show much confidence out there. I was hoping that he would contribute this season, but I now am worried that he make take a year or two to really contribute.

-JJ has the tools. I hope that he figures the intensity/mental aspect out soon because he could be an asset to this team.

-Josh Fisher needs to slash/penetrate more. He has proven that he can drive against any level of competition. Our offense is much better when he penetrates.

-I love watching Brad Coach defense. Even after we were up by 30 points, he was barking out defensive instructions non-stop. The defense intensity is a reflection of Brad's coaching intesity.

-We will be 3-0 going into WV. If we can pull a win out of WV, then hopefully there will be some local buzz for the AZ game.

David I thouhgt the same thing about drejaj last night. I recall last year he had a few clankers in the early games, and then "found something in his mechanics that he was doing wrong. CHECK the mechanics AD......You are right we certainly need AD jump shot especially against Arizona.

When is the SHootout? I hope it is prior to the Arizona game, as I recall that since they have the court out SLU gets a rare practice at the Savvis center around the shootout, it would be nice for all to work on some shooting their a say or two beofre the biggest game of the year.

I agree with the comments about JJ ... but it is so difficult to judge in a game like this.

I agrree on Clarke ... this is a game he should have been able to really show what he has. I disagree on his shot ... his rotation is off ... and he looks like he is pushing the ball ... one shot had no rotation at all.

Phil stays composed even under pressure ... he will help this year

I hope Tom gets well ... we are going to need him

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman