GDT: Berea College Mountaineers

Pistol

16 minutes ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

you may not like the way slu does things like over pay a coach or put up a 26 million dollar palace for athletes or the belief here that no one with a iq over 50 can be hired buy said athletic department but to say that they do not care is only your point of view

I believe they care. But you put so much effort and money into the OFCC, money into a head coach, recruiting travel, and they can't be bothered to get paperwork filed timely and or correctly? As much as Travis has been at fault for the programs stagnation, he's working up hill. The Billiken Victory Fund is working uphill. How do you sell your program to future players if you can't ensure the support staff will take care of them. How do you ask donors for money for the BVF to get players that may not see the court because the support staff fails. It's easy to question sometimes.

cgeldmacher likes this

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Not sure why Kentucky is a valid comp when the timeline is completely different:

The NCAA is screwing programs over by dragging these decisions all the way into the season. That's inexcusable to me, given that with the small size of basketball rosters, a single waiver could change the entire strategy for a season. However, it can also be true that SLU dropped the ball. It's not necessarily either-or.

My point was simple and aimed at the Woe is Us crowd.  There are two lists, one with foreign players still needing clearance and a second list of foreign players who have received the necessary clearance.  Kentucky and SLU were both on the same list at the time of my post.  That is why the comparison is valid for my post.