Very Interesting...

Schasz

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I feel like everyone knows Ford is Grawer 2.0 and we're just conflicted on when to pull the plug...

Don't know Duff Man but have a hunch Frisco Area Billiken would feel Ford is Grawer 4.0 and would hope both he and May got raises and extensions!

8 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Actually, the Chess team is getting publicity for SLU for all the wrong reasons right now…

Tbh, I wasn’t even sure if we had a chess team. 

My main point is Men’s basketball success has to be the main indicator of an athletic director’s success.  No one cares if the Springfield Cardinals or Memphis Redbirds win if the boys in STL are losing.  You can be happy with the successes of Soccer or women’s hoops and still need to see improvement overall. 

TaLBErt and Schasz like this

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 3:43 PM, courtside said:

And Macon may be retained by the new regime, as he is a very good recruiter who did much of the heavy lifting with recruiting there. 

Widely reported, Rick Pitino is bringing his staff with him from Iona, and, he has asked Van Macon to stay with him at St. John's. 

Walking double double Joel Soriano (really good player) is staying, but Pitino expects to add 6 to 8 new players.