Poll on NIL money for Yuri

NIL Money for Yuri?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How much money would you be willing to pay Yuri Collins for 1 year of basketball?

• $0
    • $100
    • $200
    • $500
    • More

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2022 at 04:00 AM

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There is a half baked NCAA rule out there that foreign players can only get NIL $$ from a sponsor out of their home country.  Yeah, it's stupid but it's there.  Remember the posts on this board in 2021 about Lorentsson sponsoring IKEA, Linssen Volkswagen, etc.  It certainly isn't fair to the foreign born athletes.

That is a visa issue, not an NCAA rule

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There is a half baked NCAA rule out there that foreign players can only get NIL $$ from a sponsor out of their home country.  Yeah, it's stupid but it's there.  Remember the posts on this board in 2021 about Lorentsson sponsoring IKEA, Linssen Volkswagen, etc.  It certainly isn't fair to the foreign born athletes.  And I don't know how these sponsor based super funding sites work through that.  Set up a Nigerian based fund? 

I think Okoro has been a permanent US resident for a while.  So in his specific case, he doesn't have to worry about earning cash while on a student visa.  I believe the issue with foreign players and NIL money is all about restrictions on earnings you can make in the US while on a student visa. 

JMM28 likes this

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think Okoro has been a permanent US resident for a while.  So in his specific case, he doesn't have to worry about earning cash while on a student visa.  I believe the issue with foreign players and NIL money is all about restrictions on earnings you can make in the US while on a student visa. 

Yep. For some reason there is a loophole if the players work the coach's camp over the summer though. 

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

rather than make a few 15 minute appearances or sign a few autographs, i'd like definitive proof that the players getting paid are indeed being productive students.   they are in class, they are passing real classes they are progressing towards a real degree.   post those results show pictures of them getting the education they are supposed to be getting at saint louis university show pictures of them walking at graduation getting their diplomas.   maybe a few high school students will see and realize saint louis university is a real school trying to help the students achieve goals beyond playing basketball.  

🤮

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

rather than make a few 15 minute appearances or sign a few autographs, i'd like definitive proof that the players getting paid are indeed being productive students.   they are in class, they are passing real classes they are progressing towards a real degree.   post those results show pictures of them getting the education they are supposed to be getting at saint louis university show pictures of them walking at graduation getting their diplomas.   maybe a few high school students will see and realize saint louis university is a real school trying to help the students achieve goals beyond playing basketball.  

lmao. That one ain't happening and you know it Roy.

This is "college" basketball.