OT: Final WCQ Window for USMNT

8 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

5am isn't ideal but it's manageable. Anyone remember Korea in 2002? Brutal. I fell back asleep and missed the game against Germany.

10am starts would be great. After doing it at Disney every day last week, I've become a big fan of drinking before 10am. 2pm isn't bad either:

Pre covid or I guess maybe its bc of the baby, but whatever, I issued to live at Amsterdam in the AM. I'm used to it and like martying - made it up oh well.  It just sucks that its during the work week.  No clue why, but I have this weird feeling Fifa doesn't care for USSF and will give us all the earliest times. 

Also I'm pretty sure there's an 8am time slot, right?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Neighborhood youth athletic competition in The Hill in the 1930s/1940s must have been insane, right?  Yogi Berra, Joe Garragiola, and 4 members of a US World Cup soccer team.  Can you imagine competing with that kind of athletic talent every day after school?

Imagine being a baseball HOFer and still not the best player on your childhood block.

Kinda like Reggie Miller, all those achievements and still not the best player in his house growing up :)

14 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Pre covid or I guess maybe its bc of the baby, but whatever, I issued to live at Amsterdam in the AM. I'm used to it and like martying - made it up oh well.  It just sucks that its during the work week.  No clue why, but I have this weird feeling Fifa doesn't care for USSF and will give us all the earliest times. 

Also I'm pretty sure there's an 8am time slot, right?

I believe the kick-off times in the group stage are 5:00 am, 8:00 am, 11:00 am, and 2:00 pm central

There is good, reasonable debate about our draw. I think it is very favorable all things considered.

England: Possibly the most talented team, and my current pick to win it all. Nonetheless, there will be some favorable external factors, including playing the day after Thanksgiving. 

Wales/Scotland/Ukraine: Wales is the favorite to make it, but Ukraine may be the most talented of the three. Wales does not scare me. Gareth Bale is aging quickly. Overall, they are not the same team that made the semi-finals of the 2016 Euros.

Iran: I do not know much about their squad. We cannot be scared of Iran if we want to continue improving our global stature in the sport.

First I've seen regarding potential start times. This would be ideal: 

I'm a fan of our draw. Would definitely take what we were dealt over a random re-roll.

Also of note, is that whoever moves on from Group B will be playing Group A in the first knockout round. So no true Pot 1 team looming (Qatar, Netherlands, Senegal, Ecuador).

BilliesBy40 likes this

Not certain we can count on Pickford following in Green’s footsteps and throwing the ball into his own net again…but one can always hope….

And Gracias a Dios we are not Costa Rica…they’ll be lucky to get a point in their group if they make it in…