OT: Final WCQ Window for USMNT

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

The only federation that can have multiple teams in a group is Europe. 

but mine is Qatar, US, Morocco or Tunisia, then the UEFA playoff TBD (Ukraine, Scotland, or Wales)

Wales with Gareth Bale could be dangerous.  Not sure if we want Saudi etc.  they can drive to Qatar but I'm not sure how raucous their crowds are...when I lived in Kuwait I only saw games on TV in passing.

Most probably aren't aware that the other Gulf Coast Countries had a falling out with Qatar and accused them of supporting terrorists.  Not sure where they got that info because Qatar is a good partner to the US.  I suspect that the envy of Qatar getting the World Cup was part of it.  The other countries tried to shut them out for example Kuwait was the only GCC that would allow flights to/from Qatar.

I've been to Doha Qatar twice and it's really small, I'm not sure how they will handle the lodging etc.  The Airport is the nicest I've visited.  Weather should be ok in NOV.  Drinking is allowed at hotels/restaurants.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Beatable currently, but they have the talent to be very, very good.  Would not surprise me to see them pretty far in the knockout. 

Sure, they have talent as is evidenced by their placement in pot 1. Nonetheless, they are my preferred opponent outside of Qatar from pot 1. 

16 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Sure, they have talent as is evidenced by their placement in pot 1. Nonetheless, they are my preferred opponent outside of Qatar from pot 1. 

tbh, I think id rather see Argentina than Portugal. 

Pot 1

Pot 2 Pot 3 Pot 4
Qatar (51)* Mexico (9) Senegal (20) Cameroon (37)
Brazil (1) Netherlands (10) Iran (21) Canada (38)
Belgium (2) Denmark (11) Japan (23) Ecuador (46)
France (3) Germany (12) Morocco (24) Saudi Arabia (49)
Argentina (4) Uruguay (13) Serbia (25) Ghana (60)
England (5) Switzerland (14) Poland (26) Intercont'l Playoff 1
Spain (7) USA (15) South Korea (29) Intercont'l Playoff 2
Portugal (8) Croatia (16) Tunisia (35) Euro Playoff

For those that are curious what the pot looks like

Coverage on FS1 right now.  I'm digging Sling TV there's a lot of Soccer on there all the time.  I know FUBO focuses on soccer so if that's your thing go that direction but all around sports Sling w/ Sports pack is like $65/mo added to the Google Fiber giga speeds it's money.

15 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Coverage on FS1 right now.  I'm digging Sling TV there's a lot of Soccer on there all the time.  I know FUBO focuses on soccer so if that's your thing go that direction but all around sports Sling w/ Sports pack is like $65/mo added to the Google Fiber giga speeds it's money.

Problem is none of those have Bally Sports so for Cards and Blues and Billiken fans Bally’s is a must. Until they have a stand alone app that allows me to get all Cardinal games, Spectrum is it for me

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

Putting the host nation in Pit 1 is silly when it’s someone like Qatar just gives some teams a really unfair advantage. It’s FIFA so I wont be shocked to see GE or even the Netherlands end up in Qatar’s group. 

Lets hope its us?

Qatar was pretty good in the Gold Cup they might be hard at home.  So be careful what you wish for.

There's starving kids in the world, war and they spent thousands on this BS mascot cartoon?!  Who wants this?

Also mascot is a manta-ray, ghost, kiffeyeh?  OK I dig it, iconic look for the nation.

As for the desert rides....if you go to UAE or Qatar do it so fun to ride the dunes in a Landcruiser or something.  Cost me $30/per person whole family fit in the SUV they drive you out to a camp and you eat traditional foods and stuff.  

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is the worst thing I've ever watched.

Now going on 45 minutes of shameless sportwashing intros and we've yet to see the draw.

So many people watching they shoulda done a little more promotion of Qatar.  

Pointless is the red ball with the 1st position every time.   What the hell

slufanskip likes this

5 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Group B with England…could have been worse, could have been better.  But that will be a fun match no matter what.

2nd best outcome after Qatar in my opinion. Can’t wait to watch this one.

Looks like Uruguay will join Portugal in group HAYCH

laker119 likes this

We avoid France and Brazil and a lot of these pot 3 names are solid, so yeah, this is positive.

Ideal draw would've been Qatar, Tunisia, and Scotland/Ecuador. This feels closer to that than the worst case, which would've been some combo of France/Brazil, Senegal/Serbia, and Wales/Ghana. Obviously those last two are still in play.

18 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

So many people watching they shoulda done a little more promotion of Qatar.  

Pointless is the red ball with the 1st position every time.   What the hell

Same for the last position ball. I think we can figure it out

Iran will be up for the game because the Ayatollah will chop off their feet if they lose.  But England consistently chokes and Iran is not that great.

Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla gonna have to come out in that match.

We gotta deal with Kane for England, Zimmerman needs to get ready.

Just now, slufanskip said:

Same for the last position ball. I think we can figure it out

I mean as much as I like watching ball fondling on TV, I usually skip to the good part

laker119 likes this

Wales with Gareth Bale or sure to be international darling Ukraine or Scotland.  Not ideal as we won't know until maybe June who we're playing plus it's likely Wales just my guess.

Canada got a good draw for being Pot 4