Jump to content

2020-2021 NCAA Net Rankings


courtside
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Grouping Q1 and Q2 together makes it look equal. However we have 2 Q1 wins they have 0

The quadrant system is stupid anyway. Considering a win against the 31st team and the 75th team equal is ridiculous. 

Or we could beat Gonzaga at home or Furman on the road and they're equal. 

I just don't see any sort of realistic evaluation that puts the Bonnies as higher ranked than us. And I know it doesn't count this way but it should WE BEAT THEM BY DOUBLE DIGITS

Either way it's in our hands tonight. 

They won the conference and they have no bad losses.  They won at Davidson and they won at Richmond.  Our only road win is at Fordham.  If we had not experienced a 33 day setback, the loss to La Salle never would have happened.  We might have been playing at a high enough level to beat VCU minus their best player.  We might have been the #1 seed right now and already a lock for an at-large.  Life isn't fair.

But right now we're right where we want to be.  Who cares how we got here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

They won the conference and they have no bad losses.  They won at Davidson and they won at Richmond.  Our only road win is at Fordham.  If we had not experienced a 33 day setback, the loss to La Salle never would have happened.  We might have been playing at a high enough level to beat VCU minus their best player.  We might have been the #1 seed right now and already a lock for an at-large.  Life isn't fair.

But right now we're right where we want to be.  Who cares how we got here?

Which is why I wrote Either way it's in our hands tonight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, slufanskip said:

The quadrant system is stupid anyway. Considering a win against the 31st team and the 75th team equal is ridiculous. 

Or we could beat Gonzaga at home or Furman on the road and they're equal. 

I just don't see any sort of realistic evaluation that puts the Bonnies as higher ranked than us. And I know it doesn't count this way but it should WE BEAT THEM BY DOUBLE DIGITS

I am sure the NCAA Selection committee will consider your feelings.  Why don't you also send them a system that makes more sense (to you).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, slufanskip said:

You think it'd help? They don't need a system, just ask me. 

Time for me to issue an apology to the Net committee, their family, friends, and anyone else I've harmed by my hasty reaction and statements regarding the validity of the net rankings. I truly meant no harm and now realize the error in my thinking. Please accept my sincerest apology. I will work attend a net ranking training class and work diligently to get a better understanding so that I don't make the same mistake again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Time for me to issue an apology to the Net committee, their family, friends, and anyone else I've harmed by my hasty reaction and statements regarding the validity of the net rankings. I truly meant no harm and now realize the error in my thinking. Please accept my sincerest apology. I will work attend a net ranking training class and work diligently to get a better understanding so that I don't make the same mistake again. 

You may have saved yourself from the Cancel Culture with this apology.  I'm still thinking you need to be suspended for a day or two.  I'll let the Board Admin's make the final decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You may have saved yourself from the Cancel Culture with this apology.  I'm still thinking you need to be suspended for a day or two.  I'll let the Board Admin's make the final decision.

That would have been bad. People would have been protesting with signs BAN SKIP, SKIP SUCKS, etc ... 

Next thing you know little girls in elementary school are being harassed by suburban millennials for skipping at recess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

That would have been bad. People would have been protesting with signs BAN SKIP, SKIP SUCKS, etc ... 

Next thing you know little girls in elementary school are being harassed by suburban millennials for skipping at recess. 

Funny!  BTW, I've already seen the signs.  So beware.  Can't say I have spent any time watching elementary schools.  Perhaps some MBM's can comment??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...