upcoming season.

cheesycow

Look ... everyone here knows that I am an honest and fair person ... for pete's sake I am a used car dealer. I say we bet $50,000.00. I will decide at the end of the season which team had the better year. If I decide Mizzou had the better year all the posters on Billikens.com will chip in and we will pay you the $50,000.00. If I decide the Bills had the better year ... you pay us the $50,000.00 and we will split it up evenly. I am not even asking for an extra share ... to demonstrate how absolutely fair I am ... I am donating my services as judge. I am even willing to give you 2-1 odds ... if you win I will personally pay the 2nd $50,000.00

I am going to go ahead and assume that this bet is on as I can't imagine you would be foolish enough to waste an opportunity like this. Your response or non response to this post will act as acceptance of the wager.

Good Luck to you cheesy ... may the best team win

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Oh, they'll let it get started and when the games are too close for comfort or they lose, well, it's sayonora sailor....We ain't risking our national ranking and in state status as the premier big time program against a bunch of Mackeral Snappers. Why risk losing to SLU when you can lose to a powerhouse like Belmont?

I wondered how long it would be before you stated your claim of being fans of both teams. When I first saw your post, I debated whether to even open it. I about ready to be floored thinking that you would be starting a post about the Billikens upcoming season when I saw the subject of your post. But, as soon as I read, it was more of the same.

I will bet you, Cheesy. If the Billikens win more than 2 games this season, you have to leave this board forever! If they go 0 and ? or 1 and ?, or 2 and ?, then you can stay around till next May and then you have to go away forever.

Or, how about this bet: If Mizzou loses more than 2 games the whole season, you have to go away from this board forever.

Or, how about this bet: if the sun rises tomorrow, you have to leave this board forever.

Or, how about this bet. If it gets colder than 40 between now and January, you have to leave this board forever.

Let me know. I think these are fair.

Listen- i think it'd be fun to make a little wager. I thought, perhaps, since bills fans think of mizzou as a big rival program, they'd perhaps get a kick out of making a bet as to the result of the upcoming season. if you don't want to take me seriously, that's fine, i shan't cry myself to sleep.

Let's please look at objective measures to determine superiority. I think it's only fair to look at RPI and not records. If both teams make the NCAA, then I think it's only fair to look at who has the higher seed in the tournament.

Granted, Mizzou will probably have the edge here due to presumably stronger conference, but with the stronger conference they'll have to play tougher teams. I just don't think comparing records or even head-to-head battles are effective comparisons.

I know there are various RPI indexes, but maybe we could come up with some composite index of them and do an average. I realize that SLU finished one round further than Mizzou in the NIT, but I think that's somewhat tainted. For one, SLU barely beat a Iowa team on a "home" floor, while Mizzou barely lost on the ROAD to the eventual NIT champs, Michigan.

I'm sure there are other RPI indexes, but here is

http://www.collegerpi.com/cy/rpi.html

I realize that Michigan as NIT champs are ranked below Mizzou, but I don't have a problem with that. Michigan barely beat Mizzou on their home court. If that game is played in Columbia, I could easily see the result being different. The NIT format is very unfair and quite frankly taints the overall competition.

SLU is closing the gap and may overtake Mizzou this year, but I think it will be another year or two before that happens.

AJ, rather than using a yardstick that is very biased toward the higher rated conference, use the yardstick generated within the conference each team is a member - preseason rank of finish voted by the coaches.

The coaches are great judges of talent and have actually played against each team year after year. This method would be unfair fotr the Tigers, though, as the Big 12 coaches tip their vote toward talent, and so far Q has proven he can coach a team DOWN, but not UP with his March is the Month strategy.