Has anyone ever told Ford about the Billikens embarrassing record of low points 1 game?

billiken_roy

i think the billikens have to take it upon themselves to erase their name from this record.   one has to think tomorrow's game is a good opportunity to do such.   

score prediction - billikens 85 siue 17

rgbilliken likes this

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think the billikens have to take it upon themselves to erase their name from this record.   one has to think tomorrow's game is a good opportunity to do such.   

Im in anytime we can remove ourselves from the record

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

The problem with losing the record in a game like tomorrow's is that it would require the Billikens to keep their foot on the gas pedal defensively for 3 quarters of the game.  That would be considered bad form if you have the game in hand early.  

In the game where we set the record, GW really didn't have the game in hand until there was under 9 minutes left and the Bills had only scored only 10 points.

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

The problem with losing the record in a game like tomorrow's is that it would require the Billikens to keep their foot on the gas pedal defensively for 3 quarters of the game.  That would be considered bad form if you have the game in hand early.  

In the game where we set the record, GW really didn't have the game in hand until there was under 9 minutes left and the Bills had only scored only 10 points.

If you remember Ford's reaction to a couple of late game layups by Isabel a couple years ago, then you know he's not going to run up the score / totally embarrass another team.

As you said, for the 20 point record to fall, you're going to need two slow paced defensive minded teams to get into a real slog of a team that ends up with a score of like 36-19 or something.  Given the shot clock being reduced to 30 seconds and 20 seconds after an offensive rebound, I don't think the record will ever fall.

I've been a Billiken fan for a long time.  I would not count on this happening.  There will be some kid on SIUE that averaged 4.5 points last season that will hit 8 fade away, hand in his face 3 pointers near the end of the shot clock.  Not sure why that happens, just know that it always does.

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

If you remember Ford's reaction to a couple of late game layups by Isabel a couple years ago, then you know he's not going to run up the score / totally embarrass another team.

As you said, for the 20 point record to fall, you're going to need two slow paced defensive minded teams to get into a real slog of a team that ends up with a score of like 36-19 or something.  Given the shot clock being reduced to 30 seconds and 20 seconds after an offensive rebound, I don't think the record will ever fall.

Agreed, the shorter shot clock dooms us. 

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Isabell said he really didn't get in trouble for that. Part of the Biancardi THTRB interview he talked about the halftime talk from RM against GW.

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I've been a Billiken fan for a long time.  I would not count on this happening.  There will be some kid on SIUE that averaged 4.5 points last season that will hit 8 fade away, hand in his face 3 pointers near the end of the shot clock.  Not sure why that happens, just know that it always does.

This man knows of what he speaks.