GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

bauman

20 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

What game did Tatum only score 4 points in?

I don't know. It was at Maryville?

He probably had more than 4 points, but the point of my story was that I never would have guessed he was a Top 3 player in the country based on that one game. 

32 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Plus, he's a junior. He's got a year to grow and develop other facets of his game, and an important year at that.

Like I said before, we will have a stacked team before he comes in. He will not be an immediate impact player and we wont even need him

2 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Yeah A10 is nothing without VCU and Dayton and soon to be SLU again. 

Also I don't know if there is something I hate more than people driving so far for a game and leave early to save 20 min, commit or don't. 

that goes for everything. Fave is people that leave early from fireworks. Really got to that much trouble for 20 minutes and then leave early?

6 hours ago, 757billiken said:

I watched Goodwin play in Hampton, VA last year for the Eagles (EYBL). He's more explosive and tenacious. He didn't shy away from better players like Marvin Bagley. I didn't see that with Thatch. Just my opinion from watching both of them. Truth be told, I'm not overly-hyped over Goodwin either. Don't get me wrong, he's good and I hope he turns out to be Marcus Smartish, but there's a difference between playing against high schoolers and A-10ers. Goodwin held his own on the EYBL circuit. Hopefully Thatch does the same this summer.

Keep in mind that there are very few players in the A10 who excelled in the EYBL.  Some of the top scorers in the A10 failed to make an EYBL team.  If they made the team, they were glue guys (Davell Roby, Jalen Johnson).  That's why they're in the A10. 

Thatch was just OK on the EYBL circuit last year.  That's why he's not already a top 100 player.  Since then, he's improved his free throw shooting (was 12 for 12 from the line on Thursday night) and is good for at least 1 3pt make a game.  So the game outside the paint is coming along. Thatch has already outperformed Torrence Watson and top 25 sophomore Marcedus Leech in head to head matchups this season.  And he still has a year left.

Just a year ago, Thatch would have clearly been our best recruit since Kwamain Mitchell stepped on campus.  With the roster Ford and company has assembled, he may be the 9th or 10th best player when he arrives.  Just an amazing, amazing job of recruiting the last 12 months.

11 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Thatch was just OK on the EYBL circuit last year.  That's why he's not already a top 100 player.  Since then, he's improved his free throw shooting (was 12 for 12 from the line on Thursday night) and is good for at least 1 3pt make a game.  So the game outside the paint is coming along. Thatch has already outperformed Torrence Watson and top 25 sophomore Marcedus Leech in head to head matchups this season.  And he still has a year left.

Thatch played with the Eagles 16s last spring/summer (a team that included 2019 studs Marcedus Leech, James Wiseman, and Francis Okoro), so he would not have played in the EYBL. The kids from the 2018 class who played up were Darius Garland, Jericole Hellems, and Tim Finke. Not sure who all will be playing with them this spring, but they could have a loaded roster.

4 hours ago, almaman said:

that goes for everything. Fave is people that leave early from fireworks. Really got to that much trouble for 20 minutes and then leave early?

For someone ranked at 23 on that new list, does that mean that the talent is pretty poor for that class? If you're top 50 you cant have bad games at the high school level and still be considered one of the best in the nation

57 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

For someone ranked at 23 on that new list, does that mean that the talent is pretty poor for that class? If you're top 50 you cant have bad games at the high school level and still be considered one of the best in the nation

You have some very strange ideas. Everyone has bad games. 

On 3/3/2017 at 1:44 AM, thetorch said:

It is nice to GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY but kids have bad games.

I checked out Liddell at Belleville West last week against EastSide.  I didn't come away too impressed.  Liddell looked like a tall sophomore and that was about it.  East Side scared him and he couldn't handle defensive pressure.  I was disappointed as I'd heard good things about him.

Last night he scored 43 going H2H with Illinois recruit Javon Pickett.  Obviously, I saw him an off night. He's 15, not going to look like stud every day.  Same goes for Thatch.

Liddell with 34 against tillmon last night leading the west team to the regional championship.  Liddell even blocked a Tillmon dunk.   He will look good in billiken blue.    ?

Doesn't hurt, but not sure how "close" Tommie is to EJ.  I have never seen Tommie at one of EJ's games.