Cheap Eats

DiehardFan

So my father and I were every game visitors to Humphreys. We went to Humphreys before the exhibition game, and we were sad to see that the menu was cut in half and most of the familiar staff was missing.

We're in search of another food locale near Chaifetz with cheap eats with kids menus for those day games when my kids tag along. We love to grab food before the game but not break the bank.

The brewer at Pappo's is the same guy that brewed at Six Row, which was there previously. The food is good; it was just me when I visited so I had a calzone, but the pizzas looked really good. I was satisfied with the calzone for sure. They have locations down in Springfield and Lake of the Ozarks, too, if anyone recognizes the name from downstate.

I was with a group of around 12 people going to Humphrey's after the exhibition game. When those who wanted food found out that the kitchen was closed at 9:45-ish, we ended up at Pappo's. Can't comment on the food because I didn't order any, but I didn't hear complaints. Beer I had was good.

My favorite pre-game food options are Pappy's and Southern.

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

The cheeseburger pizza at Pappo's is awesome, but they don't seem to have quite the variety of bizarre beers that Six Row used to.

I have a small sample size of one visit, but when I was there 13 of the 20 taps were house beers and they had a pretty wide range - a few Belgians, 4 variations of a double IPA, a couple stouts, etc. Six Row definitely used to have some weird beers from time to time, but for sheer variety at a given time, I think it's probably beyond Six Row.

12 hours ago, DiehardFan said:

We're in search of another food locale near Chaifetz with cheap eats with kids menus for those day games when my kids tag along. We love to grab food before the game but not break the bank.

Kids might dig Southern, the fried chicken place in the same building as Pappy's. 

On 11/10/2016 at 10:59 PM, DeSmetBilliken said:

Southern is awesome, but the kids  might need to like spicy chicken. They have an "Original", but I don't know if that has any spice or not. 

Hodak's on Gravois is better chicken and been there forever- new but odd chicken place 3422 Jefferson called Byrd and Barrel seems to be young people from South Saint Louis- has good chicken and all kinds of strange pickle offerings- pretty small inside. My wife likes it and she is picky about dive bar eateries

Edited by GOSLU68
Typos