OT: Paging MB - SBXLIX

My receiving corp sucks. My running back is in beast mode. We have one yard to go and less than a minute to play. Run? Throw? Absolutely throw. Idiots.

Tough game to root for either way. Brady and Belicheck. Smug Pete Carroll and his thugee nation. Enjoyed it tho.

I had a small play on NE for entertainment, not a game to wager big on at all... and NE wasn't lucky, that lucky as hell freak catch came before the interception.

But Seattle had the game won, 3 chances to gain 1 yard with Marshawn Lynch to win the game. Instead they throw on 2nd down. So New England coming away with a win given that scenario (2nd and goal from the 1 under 1 minute to play) is in fact lucky. Granted the catch leading up to that was blind luck and the NE player made a really good play on the INT, so I do get your point.

But Seattle had the game won, 3 chances to gain 1 yard with Marshawn Lynch to win the game. Instead they throw on 2nd down. So New England coming away with a win given that scenario (2nd and goal from the 1 under 1 minute to play) is in fact lucky. Granted the catch leading up to that was blind luck and the NE player made a really good play on the INT, so I do get your point.

If Seattle would have ran the ball from the 1, scored and won, MB would have had a "small entertainment wager" on Seattle.

No luck needed per usual.

If Seattle would have ran the ball from the 1, scored and won, MB would have had a "small entertainment wager" on Seattle.

No luck needed per usual.

you are a little weasel, i had the patriots, small.

if those two teams played 10 games, they'd each win 5, with exceptional luck one would win 6.

scram, kid.

(and it was wilson's blunder, not pete carroll's. they had only one time out, could not run it 3 times with one time out, so it was smart to throw against the stacked run defense to ensure they would get 3 plays, 3 cracks at a winning td. overrated-by-all wilson should have thrown it out of the end zone when he saw the tight coverage. and it was against the patriot's # 5 cb, also a good idea, but undrafted rookie butler made a great play, he knew on the 1 yard line pass interference was not an issue, so he used great timing and muscled the ball away from the receiver, legally. great play, very smart play by butler)

Had they managed the clock better (get to the line after the 1st down run to the 1/2 yard line), they would have had time to run the ball 3 times. Just astoundingly bad. Anyone know Seattle's % chances of winning the game after the Lynch run on 1st down?

agree.

seattle wasted all of that time with about 50+ seconds to go... but I think they were overconfident and didn't want to give brady time to come back and kick a fg.

i thought perhaps ne might call time outs themselves, or even let seattle score to get the ball back with time on the clock.

Had they managed the clock better (get to the line after the 1st down run to the 1/2 yard line), they would have had time to run the ball 3 times. Just astoundingly bad. Anyone know Seattle's % chances of winning the game after the Lynch run on 1st down?

Thought I heard it was 89%.

agree.

seattle wasted all of that time with about 50+ seconds to go... but I think they were confident and didn't want to give brady time to come back and kick a fg.

i thought perhaps ne might call time outs themselves, or even let seattle score to get the ball back with time on the clock.

Sounds like Pete got scared of leaving time on the clock by scoring quick.

With that defense, I don't think you worry about Tom Brady in a short clock situation. Score, and make Brady beat you from 80 yards away and 30 seconds.