RI over the Bills by 15

The Wiz

Unfortunately, the Vandy game was about what was expected (though the Vegas followers seemed surprised). For a post game analysis see the "Vandy over the Bills " thread ...post #41

At this point, I don't think we have regressed...coming in around the spread. I think we have plateaued...Improvement ...pause ...improvement... pause. I think we are at a pause now looking to take the next step up.

On to RI and conference play. For those that liked the Vandy game you will like this one too because it is a redo. RI like Vandy is A-. This doesn't mean we will see the same team. RI is not as good a shooting team as Vandy...but still good. RI is "only" 33rd in the nation in shooting (48%). So what is the difference between being 6th in the nation (Vandy moved up a notch after our game) and 33rd in the nation? RI can't shoot 3's. But, whatever little falloff there is in shooting they make up for with experience. Rams players have 10,876 minutes vs the Bills ( F+ ) 5900. They make less mistakes than Vandy...take care of the ball better but are still vulnerable to TO's.

This won't be easy. This is RI's best start since 08 and they are on a 3 game win streak

So here;s what we need to do to win..........

First, stop RI by......

holding them to this slash line.....24 or less FGM/ 52 or less FGA/ 47% or less FG%...I need 2 of 3 off this slash line.....doable numbers for the Bills D

12 or more TO's by the Rams

Hold R Martin to 6 or less FGM

Hold Matthews to 15...He is their go to guy...these dominant players usually get their points so the idea is to keep him from having a big game.

The above numbers are not unrealistic for our D

And on the Bills side.......

We need a little more offense

How much??

We need to ...

Score at least 61 pts

Make 23 FG

Shoot 42.6% FG% or better

Make 1/3 of our 3's (33.3%) or better

Shoot 72% FT or better

Less than 12 TO's...Vandy game, we had an excellent rate of 8...keep it up

Again, the above numbers are very doable

If we put it all together...we can take the next step up ...we can beat RI

It's that "putting it all together" thing that's been so elusive, Wiz.

It looks to me like we bottomed after the S. Dak St game and we have been on an upswing since. We are clearly better than we were at the start of the season. When will we "put it all together"....could be next game or at the end of the season.... In any case, we need to continue on the learning curve ...if we lose by around 15, the pause continues....if we lose by single digits, we continue to trend up...if we win , we put it all together. To paraphrase Forrest Gump...The Bills are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you will get.

It looks to me like we bottomed after the S. Dak St game and we have been on an upswing since. We are clearly better than we were at the start of the season. When will we "put it all together"....could be next game or at the end of the season.... In any case, we need to continue on the learning curve ...if we lose by around 15, the pause continues....if we lose by single digits, we continue to trend up...if we win , we put it all together. To paraphrase Forrest Gump...The Bills are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you will get.

So true!

Betting against the Jesuits this week.

SLU is +6 vs Rhode Island

LMU is +9 vs St Marys

I will be taking a Rhode Island and St Marys parlay and will be teasing the points

The SLU game...another great deal ...with a 9 pt differential spread...2nd game in a row with at least 9 pts difference

St. Mary's by 11....not so much of deal...2pt diff

West coast...that feels like a lock. Just sucks to root against your own team

Agreed, it is what it is... no need to not make a little money while it is. heh.

Only game I am a bit concerned with is Gonzaga. I dont think Portland is that bad of a team this year. Oh well should provide some Saturday entertainment either way.

Unfortunately, the Vandy game was about what was expected (though the Vegas followers seemed surprised). For a post game analysis see the "Vandy over the Bills " thread ...post #41

At this point, I don't think we have regressed...coming in around the spread. I think we have plateaued...Improvement ...pause ...improvement... pause. I think we are at a pause now looking to take the next step up.

On to RI and conference play. For those that liked the Vandy game you will like this one too because it is a redo. RI like Vandy is A-. This doesn't mean we will see the same team. RI is not as good a shooting team as Vandy...but still good. RI is "only" 33rd in the nation in shooting (48%). So what is the difference between being 6th in the nation (Vandy moved up a notch after our game) and 33rd in the nation? RI can't shoot 3's. But, whatever little falloff there is in shooting they make up for with experience. Rams players have 10,876 minutes vs the Bills ( F+ ) 5900. They make less mistakes than Vandy...take care of the ball better but are still vulnerable to TO's.

This won't be easy. This is RI's best start since 08 and they are on a 3 game win streak

So here;s what we need to do to win..........

First, stop RI by......

holding them to this slash line.....24 or less FGM/ 52 or less FGA/ 47% or less FG%...I need 2 of 3 off this slash line.....doable numbers for the Bills D

12 or more TO's by the Rams

Hold R Martin to 6 or less FGM

Hold Matthews to 15...He is their go to guy...these dominant players usually get their points so the idea is to keep him from having a big game.

The above numbers are not unrealistic for our D

And on the Bills side.......

We need a little more offense

How much??

We need to ...

Score at least 61 pts

Make 23 FG

Shoot 42.6% FG% or better

Make 1/3 of our 3's (33.3%) or better

Shoot 72% FT or better

Less than 12 TO's...Vandy game, we had an excellent rate of 8...keep it up

Again, the above numbers are very doable

If we put it all together...we can take the next step up ...we can beat RI

Well this shouldn't be to hard to analyze....summed up in 1 word...turnovers

But let's look at the numbers anyway because there are some interesting trends...

Point spread...off by 3.......Pass .....

and way better than Vegas...hopefully some additional cash for Bills fans who took advantage of the spread differential....also 2 pts off the St. M / LMU game (see post #8 in this thread)

Now let's move on to defense...

RI slash line

24 FGM...Pass...exact hit

52 FGA...Pass...,exact hit

46.2%.....Pass....needed 47% or less

2 of 3 of the above...Pass...made all 3

Need12 or more TO's...Pass...14 actual

Hold Martin to 6 or less FGM....Pass.....exact hit....6

Hold Matthews to 15 or less......Pass......12pts actual

Overall Defense grade....A

Now on to Offense

Score 61pts or more....Fail....53 actual

Make 23 FG................Fail....20 actual

Shoot 42.6% or better....Pass....45.5%

Make 1/3 of 3's (33%).......Major Fail....16.7% half of a third

Shoot 72% FT................Fail.....61.1%

Less than 12 TO's...........Major Fail.......21

Overall offense grade....D- (because they made shooting %)

To state the obvious ....less TO's and we would have won easy. However, even with a huge TO count , we still could have squeezed out a win with some decent offensive numbers.

I think one of the reasons our TO's were so high is that we tried to dribble out of the press. Passing out of the press seemed to be a better idea. I guess a concern I have going forward is VCU... who has a better press than RI If we don't take care of the ball better, those VCU games could be ugly.

The good news was we could have beaten this team.....A- ...one of the better A-10 teams...It show we have the potential to win against anybody in the conference if we play smart. Still waiting till we "put it all together"

Wiz, any idea how you've done against the Vegas spreads? I bet on the MSU game using your spread and won. Didn't bet today because it was at home. Sorry, I didn't. I realize no one's perfect because you'd be a billionaire and not talking us to MBM's, but you've been pretty spot on this year, or have you?

Wiz, any idea how you've done against the Vegas spreads? I bet on the MSU game using your spread and won. Didn't bet today because it was at home. Sorry, I didn't. I realize no one's perfect because you'd be a billionaire and not talking us to MBM's, but you've been pretty spot on this year, or have you?

A few tips ....

First, never use my system in Nov (wait till both teams have at least 6 games). Data is too sketchy in the beginning.

Next, look for games that have a wide point differential to Vegas...I would say at least 5 points...you could cut it closer but why do that when you can cherry pick games that are a lock. These last 2 Bills games are good examples...9 1/2 pt difference between Vegas and me on the Vandy game and 9 pt difference today in the RI game.These games were gold. In post #8 on this thread, West Coast Billiken asked about the St. Marys game and in a later post the Zag spread....they were 2 pt diff and 3 pt diff respectively. While they will probably work out, I would have probably skipped those games and looked for 5pt + differential. I have a very high success rate when going 5+. Again, the best policy is to cherry pick. Don't try to cut things to close....go for the locks.

My goal on this board, is to forecast Bills outcomes along with doing statisical analysis to show exactly what we need to do to win and what weakness the other teams have. Post game is to look and see what worked and what didn't work. My primary goal is not gambling but from time to time opportunities arise that are too good to pass up. When a market is inefficient, it is my job to help correct it..

Posters on this board are very good at finding those inequities. If you pay attention, you will spot them

Good luck to you 72

The good news was we could have beaten this team.....A- ...one of the better A-10 teams...It show we have the potential to win against anybody in the conference if we play smart. Still waiting till we "put it all together"

Could not agree more, we played a good solid game. Yes, there were deficiencies, but the way I like to see it is that we ran out of steam in the last few minutes of the game. I think this was a fine effort that we might have won and that shows much improvement in the way we are playing. I know many of you will laugh at me but do not care. Good game Bills, keep up the good work and keep on improving.

Could not agree more, we played a good solid game. Yes, there were deficiencies, but the way I like to see it is that we ran out of steam in the last few minutes of the game. I think this was a fine effort that we might have won and that shows much improvement in the way we are playing. I know many of you will laugh at me but do not care. Good game Bills, keep up the good work and keep on improving.

+1 Mc Broom got frustrated late in the game came down the floor and threw up a prayer..exited to the bench.