ACC shot clock test

Went fishing.. caught a couple good ole boys. If 8 words doesn't speak to an obsession, I don't know what else could.

#Dooooooooook #Offseason #TrollSoHard #ProfileDeezNutz

lol, ok bro. You made a douchey comment, but it's ok because you were totally just trolling. Roger that, chief.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will make it more difficult to break down zones, where you need time to reverse the bal a few times.

Regarding the women, they have a 30 second clock, have a 10 second line (changed last season), don't play 6v6 if you don't like the women's game, fine, don't go, but shut up already. The women make just as much a commitment as the men. AND THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED!!

It will make it more difficult to break down zones, where you need time to reverse the bal a few times.

Regarding the women, they have a 30 second clock, have a 10 second line (changed last season), don't play 6v6 if you don't like the women's game, fine, don't go, but shut up already. The women make just as much a commitment as the men. AND THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED!!

Oh, i was just kidding. Easy there, tiger. I don't particularly enjoy watching the women's game, but agree they make a big commitment and the times I've watched, they appear to have more fundamental skill than their male counterparts.

I don't buy that teams are working for a good shot the entire 35 seconds. Additionally, we would see all the time last year the Billikens just waste time until about 11 on the clock and then run some action for a Jett pick-and-roll. I have no problem with starting things like that earlier in the shot clock.

Here's a cool video to watch on some set plays SLU runs. Only tangentially related to the discussion but still worth a post:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmP5bsD1QK4

Agree to disagree. Teams can be more selective with the extra five seconds. Sure, they can get shots earlier in the shot clock, but this allows them the option to work for a better one. RM talked about the importance of this a lot. And personally, I'm just not a fan of moving closer to the NBA game and I don't like what appears to be motivating this. Clock touched on this... IMO, it's not about trying to improve the game. It's an effort to try to give some programs an edge.

lol, ok bro. You made a douchey comment, but it's ok because you were totally just trolling. Roger that, chief.

If I had trashed on Clemson, UNC, any another ACC school... would you have batted an eye... no. But quick, let's reference the infamous "Dook-hater profile", or it must be another guy with an obsession.. pretty good. Dook is definitely more likable than MIZ for me. Same tier as a UK, KU, etc. Trolling fans of these and other programs on a Billikens board should be encouraged.. especially if you're going to take the bait so easily.. the article didn't mention Dook once..

Apologies to everyone else. Also, I like the shot clock going to 30 seconds. Would this help the more defensive-oriented teams, i.e. you only have to lock down the other team for 30 seconds a possession vs. 35?

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Also, they do, on average, have more fundamental skills than most of the guys entering college.

If I had trashed on Clemson, UNC, any another ACC school... would you have batted an eye... no. But quick, let's reference the infamous "Dook-hater profile", or it must be another guy with an obsession.. pretty good. Dook is definitely more likable than MIZ for me. Same tier as a UK, KU, etc. Trolling fans of these and other programs on a Billikens board should be encouraged.. especially if you're going to take the bait so easily.. the article didn't mention Dook once..

Apologies to everyone else. Also, I like the shot clock going to 30 seconds. Would this help the more defensive-oriented teams, i.e. you only have to lock down the other team for 30 seconds a possession vs. 35?

Would I have said anything? Of course not - I don't care about those other schools.

Honestly, I wasn't going to acknowledge your initial comment either, until MB said something and I figured I'd chip in. On some level, I support your hatred/obsession, if only because Duke/ESPN need people like you. I just found it strange that you walked away with " Duke" from that article - and I think people who then justify their dumb comments with "lol, totally trolling you, bro" generally suck. (I put trolling up there with selfies and majoring in liberal arts as reasons why my generation is blowing it.)

But we've probably carried this on too long already, and I don't think it's worth continuing. Apologies to everyone else. Go Bills. Go Devils. Go 30-second shot clock.

1) Since he made it even uglier: The guy who trashed Duke from out of nowhere, I would say, is 5'6", got cut from all the freshmen teams in high school, works for his Dad's company, wife dominates him, but hey, he is a big shot who hates Duke.

2) Respectfully: Maybe the SLU girls hoops team works hard, I do not doubt that, but, though you cannot talk about it or you will be slam dunked, if you talk candidly to a lot of current NCAA male athletes and AD people, they will tell you that overall across all sports the women do not work nearly as hard as the men. Some did not even think they were possibly getting a scholarship, maybe the 3rd best girl on her high school team, but with Title IX, she found herself with a full ride playing lacrosse at a BCS school. She goes there, loses interest, it never was in her heart. Meanwhile the men grub, grind away to keep their scholarships. Fact. Sorry. MB73 is here to teach, provide guidance to the uninformed, naïve, or blindly loyal.

NCAA shot clock down to 30 seconds would be a slight improvement, but I am not adamant about it; to 24 would be bad for the game for sure.

It is not going to happen, but they need to widen the court if they went to fix the game. I know the NBA has recently done research on the impact it would have on the game and the impact it would have on seating in arenas.

Shortening the shot clock isn't going to help increase scoring. It is going to lead to more bad shots and turnovers. If the desired result is to be more like the NBA then as Torch touched on earlier you better bring the same rules limiting defense that the NBA has.

It is not going to happen, but they need to widen the court if they went to fix the game. I know the NBA has recently done research on the impact it would have on the game and the impact it would have on seating in arenas.

Shortening the shot clock isn't going to help increase scoring. It is going to lead to more bad shots and turnovers. If the desired result is to be more like the NBA then as Torch touched on earlier you better bring the same rules limiting defense that the NBA has.

I just don't think the 5 seconds is going to lead to more bad shots.

Agree that the NBA, especially, needs to widen the court; then, the NCAA probably as well.

For the NCAA I still say 30 seconds will make for a slightly better game, less bs and sharper offenses, a bit more scoring. Not adamant. But I would do it, 30 seconds.

I get a nice chuckle everytime MB tries to profile someone. Like there's no way a successful person who is 6'0+ could possibly dislike Duke. Seriously, what?

MB sounds jealous that the guy's wife dominates him. Also, i like how MB is adamant about not being adamant.

I get a nice chuckle everytime MB tries to profile someone. Like there's no way a successful person who is 6'0+ could possibly dislike Duke. Seriously, what?

When I profiled Duke haters, I stated 80% were in those categories. An example of a Duke hater outside of those parameters is: jimbofive, who claims he is a big tall ex athlete who hates Duke so he falls into the 20% "other". He cowered and said his girlfriend is 50-50 in the relationship, though.

I laugh at Duke haters.

Like "America's Team" The Dallas Cowboys, years ago.

And Notre Dame Football, years ago.

Now it is Duke basketball.

It is 90% jealousy.

I have been at upscale bars/restaurants in other cities during Duke games and a whole table of 12 seemingly intelligent middle upper class people are all rooting against Duke.

I ask "why? We are in Scottsdale AZ... did any of you go to an ACC school or something?"

They say "no, I don't know why, I just hate Duke". All 12.

(MB73's wife does as she is told. E.g. she only can touch the check book when she leaves the house to buy groceries. When she gets back, it must be replaced on my desk immediately. I am adamant about that.)

When I profiled Duke haters, I stated 80% were in those categories. An example of a Duke hater outside of those parameters is: jimbofive, who claims he is a big tall ex athlete who hates Duke so he falls into the 20% "other". He cowered and said his girlfriend is 50-50 in the relationship, though.

I laugh at Duke haters.

Like "America's Team" The Dallas Cowboys, years ago.

And Notre Dame Football, years ago.

Now it is Duke basketball.

It is 90% jealousy.

I have been at upscale bars/restaurants in other cities during Duke games and a whole table of 12 seemingly intelligent middle upper class people are all rooting against Duke.

I ask "why? We are in Scottsdale AZ... did any of you go to an ACC school or something?"

They say "no, I don't know why, I just hate Duke". All 12.

(MB73's wife does as she is told. E.g. she only can touch the check book when she leaves the house to buy groceries. When she gets back, it must be replaced on my desk immediately. I am adamant about that.)

I can't tell if intentionally or unintentionally hilarious and awful.

As she uses the debit card for yet another purchase, MB's wife is probably thankful that he still thinks people use checks.

As she uses the debit card for yet another purchase, MB's wife is probably thankful that he still thinks people use checks.

wahahahahahaha. i'm guessing she has 25-30 department store credit cards, and those muhas are RUNTHEUP.