Bills Memorabilia

Hello,

Some of you know me, many of you don't. I've written about the Bills in the past, for a variety of local media outlets. Anyway, hello. In the next couple of months, I'm opening a bar with some friends in South City, one block east of Tower Grove Park, called the Tick Tock Tavern. Our neighbor will be Steve's Hot Dogs, run by Steve Ewing of The Urge. We feel pretty good about most things, but I'm troubled by a singular thing: a lack of ready-to-hang Bills memorabilia.

I've started out by doing what everyone else in the Billiken Universe does, namely aggravating Janet with requests for some stuff. But since she only has 25-hours-day to think Billiken sports, I come in peace to you: the faithful.

As we'll play Billiken games (with sound) and wish to be a SLU-friendly environment, we want to locate a bit of nice, Bills-branded stuff. But only old-school merch, since the Tock has an old-school interior. As I personally date back to the watching games in the Ron Ekker-David Burns-Metro Conference days, I'd love to find some authentic, or at least quality replica gear, signage, promo materials, etc. from the '70s-'90s. My understanding is that when the old West Pine Gym was emptied, some gems were unearthed, but all of that got distributed/parceled out during the move to Chaifetz. Checks of eBay and Craiglist have been fruitless.

If anybody out there has something of interest, lemme know. (And I'll go ahead and say that if a game-worn Isiah Singletary jersey found its way into my life, it'll have been a complete life.) Thanks in advance. E-mail addy's below.

Peace,

Thomas

(thomascrone at yahoo)

Afraid I can't offer much help on Bills gear in that category, but Fred Hessel was talking up the re-opening of Tick-Tock at the last Carondelet neighborhood meeting. He mentioned Steve's Hot Dogs, but it is even more exciting to hear the bar will have a Billikens focus. Can't wait to catch the first road game there. Best of luck.

Thanks. After a few days of only one response, I heard from two people today and some interesting items are popping up.

I have scored a single Billiken shoe, from the last-generation Billiken outfit. Not exactly sure how that factors in our future. But it's an overstuffed starter...

Thomas

Thanks. After a few days of only one response, I heard from two people today and some interesting items are popping up.

I have scored a single Billiken shoe, from the last-generation Billiken outfit. Not exactly sure how that factors in our future. But it's an overstuffed starter...

Thomas

You need to get the blue Kangaroo shoe from back in the day. Charlie Tuna might be able to help you out with one of those. I think he was involved in their marketing back in those days.

Afraid I can't offer much help on Bills gear in that category, but Fred Hessel was talking up the re-opening of Tick-Tock at the last Carondelet neighborhood meeting. He mentioned Steve's Hot Dogs, but it is even more exciting to hear the bar will have a Billikens focus. Can't wait to catch the first road game there. Best of luck.

Yes. Great to have another Bills bar in town!

Hello,

Some of you know me, many of you don't. I've written about the Bills in the past, for a variety of local media outlets. Anyway, hello. In the next couple of months, I'm opening a bar with some friends in South City, one block east of Tower Grove Park, called the Tick Tock Tavern. Our neighbor will be Steve's Hot Dogs, run by Steve Ewing of The Urge. We feel pretty good about most things, but I'm troubled by a singular thing: a lack of ready-to-hang Bills memorabilia.

I've started out by doing what everyone else in the Billiken Universe does, namely aggravating Janet with requests for some stuff. But since she only has 25-hours-day to think Billiken sports, I come in peace to you: the faithful.

As we'll play Billiken games (with sound) and wish to be a SLU-friendly environment, we want to locate a bit of nice, Bills-branded stuff. But only old-school merch, since the Tock has an old-school interior. As I personally date back to the watching games in the Ron Ekker-David Burns-Metro Conference days, I'd love to find some authentic, or at least quality replica gear, signage, promo materials, etc. from the '70s-'90s. My understanding is that when the old West Pine Gym was emptied, some gems were unearthed, but all of that got distributed/parceled out during the move to Chaifetz. Checks of eBay and Craiglist have been fruitless.

If anybody out there has something of interest, lemme know. (And I'll go ahead and say that if a game-worn Isiah Singletary jersey found its way into my life, it'll have been a complete life.) Thanks in advance. E-mail addy's below.

Peace,

Thomas

(thomascrone at yahoo)

Thomas, I return to STL periodically to catch games. Back in '98 I caught Hughes and company. I recall going to Spoons restaurant in the Central West End. It had the best collection of basketball Bills memorabilia I had ever seen. I don't recall Spoon's partner's name in the restaurant or perhaps get a hold of Spoon's son, it maybe be in someones garage or basement and they be maybe willing to sell it. Good Luck

Thomas, I return to STL periodically to catch games. Back in '98 I caught Hughes and company. I recall going to Spoons restaurant in the Central West End. It had the best collection of basketball Bills memorabilia I had ever seen. I don't recall Spoon's partner in the restaurant or perhaps get a hold of Spoon's son, it maybe be in someones garage or basement and they be willing to sell it. Good Luck

Spoons was a Pasta House Company restaurant.

I'm the PROUD owner of Easy Ed Macauley's draft day Celtic's hat and Naismith Hall of Fame jacket. My grandmother was his neighbor and when he passed, RIP, his family held an estate sale and they sold the two to my grandma. I have them both displayed in a nice, single display case and it's pretty nice looking in my basement. Maybe it'd be even better looking in your bar?

I'm the PROUD owner of Easy Ed Macauley's draft day Celtic's hat and Naismith Hall of Fame jacket. My grandmother was his neighbor and when he passed, RIP, his family held an estate sale and they sold the two to my grandma. I have them both displayed in a nice, single display case and it's pretty nice looking in my basement. Maybe it'd be even better looking in your bar?

Macauley wasn't drafted by the Celtics. He was drafted by the St Louis Bombers.

Macauley wasn't drafted by the Celtics. He was drafted by the St Louis Bombers.

Not entirely true.

Macauley was taken by the Celtics in the first NBA 1950 dispersal draft after the St. Louis Bombers and Anderson Packers folded.

Not bragging, just describing what could be a desirable addition to the collection that Crone's trying to put together. It would mean more to others because I never really got to see him play. So in my defense, thanks to torch, it was the hat Macauley received when he joined the Celtics association. Happy ya'll? Littlebill can vouch, he's seen the pieces. Trying to do somebody else a favor.