OT: Calipari on O'Reilly

slu72

And the adults (Calipari and the school) are making millions off the kids in the "convoluted student athlete system"... yet BO saves all of his outrage for the rap and the drugs. :lol: By the way, why did BO bring up drugs in relation to the UK team? I'm definitely not a fan, but I don't recall that being an issue there.

My whole point in starting this was to question O'Reilly's logic in asking what I considered to be stupid questions of a coach known to push the boundaries in recruiting and who basically makes a mockery of higher education as it relates to athletes. What kind of answers did O'Reilly expect Calapari to give him. "Oh, we got that drug thing under control. They're only allowed one nickel bag or one vial of crack per week." or "We pipe rap and hip hop into the locker room, which is under constant video surveillance, that way we can monitor any criminal activities they might be planning." They were softball questions, and he got the typical clichéd answers any coach in the nation would have given him. Expected more from him. Wished he'd had Booby sitting in on it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill O'Reilly is as arrogant as they come and attacks any guest who has a differing view. Fair & Balanced is a joke and america knows that. Free healthcare for all!

Probably didn't get the whole interview, but did get the bad part by O'Reilly, who I usually consider a straight shooter.

Bill O'Reilly is as arrogant as they come and attacks any guest who has a differing view. Fair & Balanced is a joke and america knows that. Free healthcare for all!

Henry, we keep politics off this board. O'Reilly's name never would have popped up here save for the fact he interviewed a coach we all love to hate.

ps: Cuba offers free medical care. I think Venezuela does as well. God Bless if you get sick though.

Henry, we keep politics off this board. O'Reilly's name never would have popped up here save for the fact he interviewed a coach we all love to hate.

ps: Cuba offers free medical care. I think Venezuela does as well. God Bless if you get sick though.

I would like to see a Henry v. MB debate. :D

Again, what does any of that have to do with a softball interview BO conducted with Calipari? Slu72 captured it. You are missing the point. And you really don't get the N-word "double standard"? I suggest if it want to make things more fair, feel free to call your white friends "honky."

ACE: so you feel ok for your daughters (or for that matter, sons) ages, say 5-18, listening to the lyrics that I cited and others that are part of the culture?

"If you don't bring back my m****f*****n money or my m***f****n dope, you can forget about Christmas n*****a, cause you ain't gon even see New Years."

YES or NO?

I would like to see a Henry v. MB debate. :D

I have 30+ years in healthcare, 20 at the VP and/or GM level, know major CEO's in many large well known hospital systems, Medical Directors, Pharmacy VP's, department heads, group purchasing organizations, reimbursement experts, PBM VP's, insurance company VP's, etc.

I'd mop the floor with Henry.

If you want 100% government healthcare, doctors, nurses, equipment, reimbursement management, everything? Visit a few VA hospitals, walk around, tell me what you think. Good taste, ethics prohibit me from saying anything further about the VA's.

The overall US healthcare system has problems but is still vastly superior to all, though it is now being fundamentally transformed, headed for failure, is already in a deep death spiral. Have fun.

I listened to rap once. I went on a huge crime spree the next day because I'm not smart enough to separate music lyrics from real life.

Sarcasm, OK, but:

• how old are you?
  • were you raise by two parents?
  • were you raised in a middle or upper class family?
  • did you get a high school education?
  • did you get a high school education at a private school?
  • did you get a college education?
  • do you have a job now?
  • are you married?

Answer those questions. The problem with lyrics like:

"If you don't bring back my m****f*****n money or my m***f****n dope, you can forget about Christmas n*****a, cause you ain't gon even see New Years."

... is with younger people (5-18), poor people, raised by single parents, uneducated (yet), unemployed, single with no family responsibilities.

SO YOU TOOK A SMART ASS SHOT... now answer the questions, truthfully. I bet you will not.

ACE: so you feel ok for your daughters (or for that matter, sons) ages, say 5-18, listening to the lyrics that I cited and others that are part of the culture?

YES or NO?

What in the hell does that have to do with Kentucky basketball?

You can always find extremes in anything. As much as you would like to think otherwise, those lyrics are not representative of all rap. In the same way, you can find extreme lyrics in other music forms. There is plenty of rock-n-roll lyrics that aren't appropriate for kids. A lot of Ted Nugent lyrics are not suitable for kids that age. If kids run across those lyrics, I think if they were raised well, they would recognize when something is inappropriate and would not be affected by it. IF a kid is truly affected by naughty lyrics, I'm afraid they have much deeper issues. There are all kinds of vices and potentially destructive influences out there. Why do the likes of BO single out the evils of rap? Is he genuintely concerned or just pandering to the core of his audience?

What in the hell does that have to do with Kentucky basketball?

You can always find extremes in anything. As much as you would like to think otherwise, those lyrics are not representative of all rap. In the same way, you can find extreme lyrics in other music forms. There is plenty of rock-n-roll lyrics that aren't appropriate for kids. A lot of Ted Nugent lyrics are not suitable for kids that age. If kids run across those lyrics, I think if they were raised well, they would recognize when something is inappropriate and would not be affected by it. IF a kid is truly affected by naughty lyrics, I'm afraid they have much deeper issues. There are all kinds of vices and potentially destructive influences out there. Why do the likes of BO single out the evils of rap? Is he genuintely concerned or just pandering to the core of his audience?

Out of context, typical ACE jargon. If you read the thread and have a brain, you would see that it clearly led to my valid statement and question.

Rap & hip hop lyrics are far more extreme than the jitterbug and the twist and rock and roll as you earlier cited. Now you try Ted Nugent.

Nope.

Nice try.

You cannot get yourself out of another of your series of blunder-posts. Oh, and you said Vladimir Putin admirer Bob Costas is credible. :lol:

The classic MB "do as i say, not as I do" routine. I forgot how entertaining MB could be.

Complete diversion, typical moytoy. Cannot win a debate, so resorts to distraction, disinformation and name calling.

I am saying to the poster who was being sarcastic about the effects of them on him that the rap lyrics are not suitable for children under 18 in particular, and asked if he is a child under 18. Other conditions are cited, too, and are important.

So, moytoy, do you want your under 18 daughter or son to listen to this routinely? YES or NO?

So, moytoy, do you want your under 18 daughter or son to listen to this routinely? YES or NO?

I would hope that I have the requisite parenting skills to teach my 15, 16, 17 year old the difference between listening about that lifestyle in a song versus actually living, believing, and emulating that lifestyle.

This is America...we have freedom of speech and expression, however vile that speech may be (except in certain extreme circumstances)

"One man's vulgarity is another man's lyric"

- Justice John Marshall Harlan

I have 30+ years in healthcare, 20 at the VP and/or GM level, know major CEO's in many large well known hospital systems, Medical Directors, Pharmacy VP's, department heads, group purchasing organizations, reimbursement experts, PBM VP's, insurance company VP's, etc.

I'd mop the floor with Henry.

If you want 100% government healthcare, doctors, nurses, equipment, reimbursement management, everything? Visit a few VA hospitals, walk around, tell me what you think. Good taste, ethics prohibit me from saying anything further about the VA's.

The overall US healthcare system has problems but is still vastly superior to all, though it is now being fundamentally transformed, headed for failure, is already in a deep death spiral. Have fun.

MB, I'm sure you know your healthcare, but I know several veterans who are extremely happy with their healthcare. They are what you fancy yourself as being; tough men, guys who don't need a bunch of frills, or to be hand held or told what they want to hear. They just want a doctor to listen to what's wrong with them, and that's what they get. Maybe if Americans didn't need to think their hospital was the Ritz-Carlton we could have the single payer system we need.

MB, I'm sure you know your healthcare, but I know several veterans who are extremely happy with their healthcare. They are what you fancy yourself as being; tough men, guys who don't need a bunch of frills, or to be hand held or told what they want to hear. They just want a doctor to listen to what's wrong with them, and that's what they get. Maybe if Americans didn't need to think their hospital was the Ritz-Carlton we could have the single payer system we need.

Sure, yes I know veterans who are pleased. It depends upon their needs, though. Many are not happy at all, and a higher % than those able to access the private sector. Find me one who has private insurance but elects to take the VA instead. Think. My sample size????? I had a Vietnam Veteran, a Vice President for our company, a very dedicated man and patriot, who reported to me for 7 years, his only job was managing the VA / DOD contract, annual revenue was 9 figures (he coordinated with 300 sales people & field managers). Your sample size? Tell me.

As to single payer, on paper, it is ideal, similar to a full court press "D" in hoops for the whole game is the best, on paper, but rarely can be executed. It has not worked elsewhere, maybe a few small European countries with completely different taxation and social structures, I would recommend you do not look as isolated healthcare models and instead take into consideration the whole picture. Sure there are aspects of some countries that are more attractive, but the whole program will not work in the USA. I could talk to you for 8 hours and try to explain all of the issues. It would be a start for you. But believe in "magic" if you wish, listen to 2 minute statements on TV and "believe". Huge mistake.

I respect your spirit and intentions but these are very complex matters. Your "Ritz Carlton" statement tips your hand, you are a novice. Sorry. If you believe Michael Moore's propaganda movie, I feel sorry for you. 80+% of it was half truths, disinformation, outright lies. Yes there are gaps in our old system, but there are so many things that the public does not know about, free care from big pharmaceutical companies (Patient Assistance Programs), massive free care from Catholic hospitals, etc. A lot of the people that we were told did not have healthcare merely did not leave their sofas to apply for Medicaid. A lot.

Oh, and you can sue a pharmaceutical company, a doctor, a hospital, a clinic, an insurance company, a nurse, a pharmacist, etc... try an sue the government when something goes wrong. Think. Government committees with little healthcare acumen, making decisions on you and your family's care... no real appeal. Good luck, kid.

So, again, go ahead, believe in magic.

Sure, yes I know veterans who are pleased. It depends upon their needs, though. Many are not happy at all, and a higher % than those able to access the private sector. Find me one who has private insurance but elects to take the VA instead. Think. My sample size????? I had a Vietnam Veteran, a Vice President for our company, a very dedicated man and patriot, who reported to me for 7 years, his only job was managing the VA / DOD contract, annual revenue was 9 figures (he coordinated with 300 sales people & field managers). Your sample size? Tell me.

Congrats on your sample size of 1.

I would hope that I have the requisite parenting skills to teach my 15, 16, 17 year old the difference between listening about that lifestyle in a song versus actually living, believing, and emulating that lifestyle.

This is America...we have freedom of speech and expression, however vile that speech may be (except in certain extreme circumstances)

"One man's vulgarity is another man's lyric"

- Justice John Marshall Harlan

Huge difference;

I believe you probably have the requisite skills. I assume you are college educated, married, > 28 years old, went to a private high school, and you kids are 15, 16, and 17.

But how many poor kids, say 2 yrs old up to 18 years old, with an uneducated single parent, are being taken care of with the "requisite skills" you and your wife can provide.

Think.

Congrats on your sample size of 1.

You are an wrong as usual. You just don't get it, ever. We need to find something you do well.

FYI massive data, information flowed through him from 300 sales people and field managers, from the VA's and VISN's. Data, data, data.

You are an wrong as usual. You just don't get it, ever. We need to find something you do well.

FYI massive data, information flowed through him from 300 sales people and field managers, from the VA's and VISN's. Data, data, data.

You're right, I don't usually get your half-baked incoherent ramblings on here. I'm ok with that.

You're right, I don't usually get your half-baked incoherent ramblings on here. I'm ok with that.

Well maybe if you would think you would understand. Plus you were probably raised in a two parent home while attending private schools. Think. Reality. 10* Lock.