And Now Your 14-15 Saint Louis Billikens...(let me see your prediction/desire for starting line-ups w/ rationale if you can.

I think the presumption is upperclassmen will be given the starting nod, subject to losing their spot to underclassmen in practice / first few games.

That said, starting doesn't mean as much as finishing a game (see: GG last year).

I forget that AM and AY will be redshirt juniors next season. With that in mind, as much as I am excited about Reynolds (not bad being named player of the game in the state championship...), he will be a freshman in a new system playing against better competition, and will be used as a sub unless AM/AY just completely blow next year. I don't know as much about the other freshman guards, but hopefully all the competition for PT will create some solid freshman contributions.

I would guess:

AM
AY

MC

GG (playing three minutes, picking up fouls/turning the ball over and quickly subbed by TL)

Manning (agree with previous posters regarding awkward but improved offense; I think his senior year will be a pleasant surprise)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember crews saying in a interview mid season that ash was playing as good in practice as anyone. As nice as that sounds, its hard to take a lot out of that for next season.

Color me excited to see what Yacoubou has to offer. Speaking of offers, here's his list of scholarship offers from 2009:

Villanova
Connecticut
Georgia Tech
Kentucky
Maryland
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Wake Forest
Wisconsin
Those are pretty good teams. I imagine he'll be able to play. I'm concerned that he hardly EVER got to the line and had very few assists for Villanova. That might just be a result of how he was (mis)utilized there.
Regardless, we know he can shoot, defend and rebound. I don't care about passing. I want a shooter/slasher/scorer at the two. Basically Mike McCall with more consistency and 4 extra inches. If he can take it to the rack with authority, I think he could be our best player next year.

Mostly a true 2 from what I saw.

I could see why Ash didn't get playing time. After watching Nova this past weekend, they are full of guys that should be playing at 2 or 3, so they are playing them at Point, PF, and even Center to get the best players on the court. And they all want to jack up 3s.

One of the things I like about this class is that the kids coming in are playing for elite HS programs. Whitney Young is a power, as is White Station. These kids have learned to play with a target on their backs.

I also like that neither Reynolds nor Roby is the absolute star on his high school team either. They won't be coming into SLU and be in for a rude awakening if they're asked to be more of a role player.

1: Reynolds

2: Ash

3: Crawford

4: Reggie

5: Manning/Jolly

If these guys all step up and work their butts off to get better , we could have a surprising season next year. I honestly think Reynolds is a true leader and that he may not start out in the lineup, but will undoubtedly be starting at some point. Huge potential.

McBroom has been in the system for two years and has been impressive this season. If Reynolds starts over him, I will be very surprised.