Crawford - Why no PT at UMass?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, agree on JB, but seems too late to make big changes to the rotation.

This is where JC has confused me. He was regularly rotating MC in the lineup mid-season and then MC drops off the face of the earth. Additionally, TL gets substantial minutes almost out of nowhere. I like TL and glad he's getting minutes, but the "too late to make lineup changes" theory doesn't seem to match with what JC has done little in the year.

I don't get the sense that JC ever settled into a regular rotation this year. The closest he got seemed to be between games 15-20.

MC obviously better than JB athletically?? Don't see that yet. And defensely MC is a bit of a liability against teams with a big front line. He sure does not look to be the advertised 6'5". Rather go with TL for minutes right now.

I would say Crawford is more aggressive offensively, and a bigger offensive threat than Barnett. Barnett is better at protecting the ball and getting in position for a rebound. Athletically, I would say about even at this point.

I have confidence in the staff, but will have to say a fair amount of responsibility of our recent struggles goes on the staff. Players are mentally and physically banged up (as are other teams). Jet is still banged up and is playing like it, Evans was solid in the last game but still below his past capabilities. The adjustment for Tanner was good and allows team to revert back to a similar look like last year, but don't agree that this adjustment should be at the expense of Crawford who has been at least as good as Barnett. The staff's loyalty to upperclassmen has and may be our downfall. Team was built to defend but has not been doing too much of that recently. I have seen enough of this team behind closed doors to know what Crawford has done so far he could do and what Tanner did yesterday he could do as well. Once the younger players have been given real minutes they have produced as well or exceeded production of seniors. So that leads me to Agbeko, whom I understand is not 100% but anyone close enough to this team knows that 2 best one on one players are Jett and Agbeko. How is it you can't find minutes for this guy when seniors aren't putting the ball in the basket. Loyalty is good but wins are what count at this stage of the season. Kansas was struggling last week and Bill Self went 12 deep to try to find an answer.

MC obviously better than JB athletically?? Don't see that yet. And defensely MC is a bit of a liability against teams with a big front line. He sure does not look to be the advertised 6'5". Rather go with TL for minutes right now.

1. MC is the better athlete.

2. I'm 6'4 and MC is every bit as tall as I am

Agree to disagree. Sounds like MC is no more than 6'4". Just don't see how he is more athletic than JB.

Hope MC can jump like claims I have heard. He just has not shown it on the court. And I have seen at least 20 games on TV and another 5 in person. MC PLEASE prove me wrong!!!

1. MC is the better athlete.

2. I'm 6'4 and MC is every bit as tall as I am

Agree to disagree. Sounds like MC is no more than 6'4". Just don't see how he is more athletic than JB.

Hope MC can jump like claims I have heard. He just has not shown it on the court. And I have seen at least 20 games on TV and another 5 in person. MC PLEASE prove me wrong!!!

I remember a game where Crawford went baseline and aggressively attempted a one handed dunk. He missed the dunk but clearly proved he can jump.

Did you watch the game at Duquesne where Crawford blew past his man on the baseline and then tried to dunk over a 6'8 defender but hit it too hard off the back rim?

That play right there showed me that he's a better athlete than Barnett

Did you watch the game at Duquesne where Crawford blew past his man on the baseline and then tried to dunk over a 6'8 defender but hit it too hard off the back rim?

That play right there showed me that he's a better athlete than Barnett

I'm not sure that play shows Crawford is more athletic than Barnett, but it definitely shows he's more aggressive and hopefully we see a lot more of that in the future. I like what I've seen out of Crawford so far and expect some good years from him in the SLU uniform.

I'm not sure that play shows Crawford is more athletic than Barnett, but it definitely shows he's more aggressive and hopefully we see a lot more of that in the future. I like what I've seen out of Crawford so far and expect some good years from him in the SLU uniform.

Definitely more aggressive. Barnett is a good guy, but if he had that exact same scenario he'd throw up an airball.

I guess Barnett looks GREAT in practice. Problem is I don't think it's translated to the actual game at all this season. Barnett and all the seniors should look great on defense in practice because they've seen the offense for 4 years. They know exactly what's coming.

I have confidence in the staff, but will have to say a fair amount of responsibility of our recent struggles goes on the staff. Players are mentally and physically banged up (as are other teams). Jet is still banged up and is playing like it, Evans was solid in the last game but still below his past capabilities. The adjustment for Tanner was good and allows team to revert back to a similar look like last year, but don't agree that this adjustment should be at the expense of Crawford who has been at least as good as Barnett. The staff's loyalty to upperclassmen has and may be our downfall. Team was built to defend but has not been doing too much of that recently. I have seen enough of this team behind closed doors to know what Crawford has done so far he could do and what Tanner did yesterday he could do as well. Once the younger players have been given real minutes they have produced as well or exceeded production of seniors. So that leads me to Agbeko, whom I understand is not 100% but anyone close enough to this team knows that 2 best one on one players are Jett and Agbeko. How is it you can't find minutes for this guy when seniors aren't putting the ball in the basket. Loyalty is good but wins are what count at this stage of the season. Kansas was struggling last week and Bill Self went 12 deep to try to find an answer.

Just a reader, but from what I have read, totally agree. + 1000

I agree with this writeup 10000%. Staff loyalty to seniors is why we lost yesterday since we had an opportunity at about the 8-7th minute mark to throw a more offensive squad at them to finish off the Brown Indians. Defensively we have become porous (play harder, play smarter)but if we cannot out punch teams offensively too then we are not going to win one game in the NCAA tourney. You heard it here! Play your best players at each position...period. That means use the frosh who can do it. At the end of the day the kids need to know the staff played the best players and gave it their all if we are going to lose in the end. Senior class dreams will die on that day too. Rise of the Billikens!