Any X-plorers Out There?

Taj79

Anybody know anything about food and drink spots in the La Salle area for post game food and drinks? Thinking a Humphreys or (for any old timers out there) spots like old Rosino's or Caleco's? Sports-bar-ish? Bizziken? BillyKitty?

Anybody know anything about food and drink spots in the La Salle area for post game food and drinks? Thinking a Humphreys or (for any old timers out there) spots like old Rosino's or Caleco's? Sports-bar-ish? Bizziken? BillyKitty?

oooh, that could be dangerous.

Negative, Ghostwriter...that area is a barren wasteland...

If you wanted to find a bar, I'd try the Manayunk area...it's about 15 minutes away from LaSalle.

Works. Thanks guys. Yes -- did do a Philly search and have a close friend up there. La Salle was extremely barren and my friend insisted on meeting in Conshohocken, As I said .,.... Grand and Cote.

as I mentioned a while back this is a game I'm very worried about. the performance at St. Joe's was really terrific; that said sitting around a snow-buried hotel for 3 days can get wearisome and when I watched LaSalle a couple weeks ago, they showed some real athleticism.

if we win tomorrow and have a week to get ready for VCU, still undefeated in A10; wow, it should be a great blizzard on the 15th!!! pass the kool-aid...

as I mentioned a while back this is a game I'm very worried about. the performance at St. Joe's was really terrific; that said sitting around a snow-buried hotel for 3 days can get wearisome and when I watched LaSalle a couple weeks ago, they showed some real athleticism.

if we win tomorrow and have a week to get ready for VCU, still undefeated in A10; wow, it should be a great blizzard on the 15th!!! pass the kool-aid...

Actually, I'm looking for us to beat the $h!^ out of Las. I think this extended stay in Philly, inspite of the crappy weather might be a really good thing, giving the team a chance to bond even more than normal. Remember when the Blues went to Charleston SC before the season started just to get away by themselves to bond. Hopefully the same thing is happening for SLU in Philly.

Look for the Bills to come out strong against the rest of the teams on the schedule. So far this year we have really only struggled against the "bottom-feeders" in the A10, which may simply be part of the mentality of playing those types of teams. But this team always seems very prepared for the competitive teams in the league (Dayton *[at the time they were competitive], Richmond, etc.). I expect another solid defensive display, and Dwayne will definitely be strong after a sub par performance at St. Joe's.

Bills by 15. You heard it here first.

I wasn't blown away by LaSalle's performance vs VCU. Havoc didn't bother them too much, but when they got it over the line their offense seemed built for AAU ball. They played better in the 2nd half, but our D can handle them. Also, hope LaSalle's letting us use Gola for practices to get those sight lines down and used to playing in a HS gym again. Philly's got some historical spots they can visit, plus the Cheesesteaks at Geno's. Heck, they spent 9 days there a few years ago, so they probably know the city better than Taj Mahal 79.

I wasn't blown away by LaSalle's performance vs VCU. Havoc didn't bother them too much, but when they got it over the line their offense seemed built for AAU ball. They played better in the 2nd half, but our D can handle them. Also, hope LaSalle's letting us use Gola for practices to get those sight lines down and used to playing in a HS gym again. Philly's got some historical spots they can visit, plus the Cheesesteaks at Geno's. Heck, they spent 9 days there a few years ago, so they probably know the city better than Taj Mahal 79.

Pat's is better...Geno's does have better bread though...I was a cheesesteak virgin until I moved here...

You do realize that cheesesteak is the Imo's of Philadelphia, don't you?

Kinda...I feel like every bar and grill in America has a cheesesteak on it...and 99% of the time it looks gross. I've seen them consumed many times outside of Philly, I had just never had one until I got here.

Locals recommend Jimmy's on South Street around 3rd or 4th.

I'm not a big fan of Jimmy's, but you could have one at Pat's, Geno's, Dalessandro's, and Jimmy's and then decide which is your favorite.

Dalessdandro's is better than both Pat's and Geno's.

I do like Dalessandro's, but not better than Pat's...

Most of us worry about all the games on the road - road conf wins are hard to come by so nothing new here.