GDT: Apparently the game has been cancelled, since the season is over (j/k)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed on the latter part. Still, Wichita St. is not a Power 5 conference team like West Virginia is. Sometimes it's about perception.

? Everyone in the country thinks more of Wichita state than West Virginia.

Good to get a win tonight. It wasn't pretty but oh well. Need to come out strong and get the W on Sunday.

I was not impressed with our overall play as a team - if we turn the ball over as many times as we did tonight unforced then we will have little shot at beating WSU. If DE does not have the game he had then we are in trouble. I know I should be happy with just the win but I keep thinking what it will be like unless we improve when we get to the conference schedule and against teams like WSU and ISU. We do not look like the well oiled machine I was expecting with 4 starting seniors returning. They just look unfocused - lazy passes, forcing the ball inside when there is no chance for it to get through, trouble holding on to the balls in rebounding situations too just name a few of the problems. No, I am not saying the season is over just that we have to get better all around. It was nice to see Crews mix the starting line up - Grandy came in more focused then the last couple or so games having to sit on the bench. I hope the ankle injury - I assume - TL got tonight is no big deal. Crews needs to wake a few guys up and maybe that was starting RA was all about.

Positives:

- Loe did well again.

- Evans took it right from the get go.

- Agbeko has a future.

- McBroom seems to be the most confident distance shooter.

- Manning is a defensive presence at least.

- we came back in less than 24 hours to beat a meh opponent.

Negatives:

- who is the guy wearing Jett's dreadlocks? Is he hurt as Wolf suggested.

- free throws need work.

- why are so many of our layups getting blocked?

- where are our senior guards?

- Barnett can't find the range but he contributed with five boards.

- Lancona's ankle. But overall, Tanner needs more work for consistency.

- while we started good, we hit another one of those coast periods where ODU (as bad as they were) took the lead.

Why do the refs insist on bailing out an out-of-control driver with a foul call on a stationary defensive guy? They have ruled the charge out of college basketball for sure.

Please tell me if I'm being overly critical, but I thought Barnett was once again pretty bad? Yes he had some rebounds, but he was beaten several times defensively and was an absolute non-factor on offense.

Also I think these new rules changes are definitely hurting our team. Hopefully by seasons end our players adjust, or the refs settle down with the emphasis on the hand-check and block-charge rules.

I was not impressed with our overall play as a team - if we turn the ball over as many times as we did tonight unforced then we will have little shot at beating WSU. If DE does not have the game he had then we are in trouble. I know I should be happy with just the win but I keep thinking what it will be like unless we improve when we get to the conference schedule and against teams like WSU and ISU. We do not look like the well oiled machine I was expecting with 4 starting seniors returning. They just look unfocused - lazy passes, forcing the ball inside when there is no chance for it to get through, trouble holding on to the balls in rebounding situations too just name a few of the problems. No, I am not saying the season is over just that we have to get better all around. It was nice to see Crews mix the starting line up - Grandy came in more focused then the last couple or so games having to sit on the bench. I hope the ankle injury - I assume - TL got tonight is no big deal. Crews needs to wake a few guys up and maybe that was starting RA was all about.

generally agree with this.

Please tell me if I'm being overly critical, but I thought Barnett was once again pretty bad? Yes he had some rebounds, but he was beaten several times defensively and was an absolute non-factor on offense.

Also I think these new rules changes are definitely hurting our team. Hopefully by seasons end our players adjust, or the refs settle down with the emphasis on the hand-check and block-charge rules.

. I agree about Jake,but I'm not sure who plays those minutes .Tanner and Regie are4's and I don't believe they feel Crawford is ready to play.